Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usb 3.0

Options
  • 24-09-2009 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Does anyone know when usb 3.0 is set for release and also I'm wondering would the front usb ports on any modern pc case automatically become usb 3.0 if a new motherboard supporting usb 3.0 were installed or are the front usb ports separate from the motherboard?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

it was built onto some P55 motherboards, but the manufacturers have taken them off their boards already. :confused:

a bit premature imo

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Carne wrote: »
    I'm wondering would the front usb ports on any modern pc case automatically become usb 3.0 if a new motherboard supporting usb 3.0 were installed or are the front usb ports separate from the motherboard?

Impossible - there are at least 4 additional data lines for starters!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

it was built onto some P55 motherboards, but the manufacturers have taken them off their boards already.

a bit premature imo

Yeah, heard about that. It was the ASUS P6X58 and the reason was some problem with the Sata 6GBs controller I think.
    Solitaire wrote: »
    Impossible - there are at least 4 additional data lines for starters!

Pity, had my eyes on a Cooler Master HAF 922 but might wait until a USB 3.0 compliant case is released instead.

Advertisement