Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS Modding

Options
  • 24-09-2009 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭

Whats the procedure with modding DS ?
    I have done a fewPS1's-- PSP's--- Xbox's-- and 360's

No idea what needs to be done to these :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

They dont get modded. You buy something like a r4 and put the homebrew/games onto that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

You can actually mod a DS's firmware, the main feature being to disable the boot up logo and safety warning screen. It was also a part of early homebrew booting, but with the current generation of boot cartridges, it is a method that is rarely used or needed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Bob Z wrote: »
    They dont get modded. You buy something like a r4 and put the homebrew/games onto that

OK
    so
    Get and r4
    Do I need to get a memory card or is that what the r4 is?

Amalgam wrote: »
    You can actually mod a DS's firmware, the main feature being to disable the boot up logo and safety warning screen. It was also a part of early homebrew booting, but with the current generation of boot cartridges, it is a method that is rarely used or needed now.

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

vectra wrote: »
    OK
    so
    Get and r4
    Do I need to get a memory card or is that what the r4 is?

Thanks guys

Is it a DSphat/Lite or a DSi you want to "mod"

If its for the lite or the phat i'd recomend getting a DSTT They are unbelievably cheep

get a 2gb card

a card reader if you need it

and you'll get everything you need for roughly €10 delivered

You then download the firmware of the dstt site, extract it, drag it onto the memory card and boom, done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Is it a DSphat/Lite or a DSi you want to "mod"

If its for the lite or the phat i'd recomend getting a DSTT They are unbelievably cheep

get a 2gb card

a card reader if you need it

and you'll get everything you need for roughly €10 delivered

You then download the firmware of the dstt site, extract it, drag it onto the memory card and boom, done :)

Not sure which one but I will do a check

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement