Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung n510 netbook/field monitor on pre-order now

• 24-09-2009 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭

Have mine on order with dabs.ie.

I might be making a stupid mistake here, in theory by running canon utility software it'll function as a sort of field monitor/tethered remote control for the 5dii.

It has nvidia ion graphics so can play back hd video, and the 160GB hd will be useful as backup storage for cf cards.

I'll need to hack together a clamp to hold it though, still haven't figured the portability problem out yet...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Doodah7

What's the screen resolution on the N510??

I have a Samsung NC10 and when I tried to install Canon software on to it, the installation failed as the screen resolution was not compatible. NC10 resolution in 1024x600 rather than the standard 1024x768...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

It's 1366 x 768 with an 11.1" screen Paul, with XP Home despite Microsofts rule that it should have Vista.

I'd seen on forums that canon utility wouldn't install on 600px alright, though there is a hack - maybe using a larger external monitor during install I can't recall, but then with the netbook display the software interface extends beyond the display area. Might be worth a google.

Canon need to get that sorted, 600 high is like an industry standard for netbooks and they should ditch the fancy interface to allow standard resizable windows, or better, open source it so the hacking community can add a plugin interface! /rant

It's €462.39 on dabs incl. IE vat versus €499 elsewhere, the lead time is now 5 Oct.

Advertisement