Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Massachusetts about to enforce mandatory vaccinations

• 24-09-2009 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

A new statute is about to be signed in Mass. that will allow police officers to arrest and quarantine adults and also take their children away to be vaccinated against the parents will.

Shocking stuff :eek:

What would you do if something similar were to happen here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭uprising

samson09 wrote: »
    A new statute is about to be signed in Mass. that will allow police officers to arrest and quarantine adults and also take their children away to be vaccinated against the parents will.

Shocking stuff :eek:

What would you do if something similar were to happen here?

NOBODY will take my children to be vaccinated while there's life in this body. I'll fukking die first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

uprising wrote: »
    NOBODY will take my children to be vaccinated while there's life in this body. I'll fukking die first.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭uprising

center15 wrote: »
    Why?

Do you actually expect me to answer that?, it's not up for debate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Thought Fox News wasn't to be trusted? Because its mainstream? Or does that just apply to other threads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

uprising wrote: »
    Do you actually expect me to answer that?, it's not up for debate.

well then why did you raise it in a debating online forum? :confused::confused::confused:
    if you don't want to discuss it, fair enough, but then posting it up doesn't seem like the brightest idea...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

interesting video

but I do have to ask.....Whats the CT here?????????????????????????????????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

robtri wrote: »
    well then why did you raise it in a debating online forum? :confused::confused::confused:
    if you don't want to discuss it, fair enough, but then posting it up doesn't seem like the brightest idea...
    I'd of thought it was obvious. Uprising doesn't trust vaccinations and will do their best to stop anyone else forcing a vaccination on their child. I'd be the same if I thought someone was trying to harm my child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mucker1969

<snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

mucker1969 wrote: »
    blah blah

Welcome back ... and goodbye again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Hey uprising! report.gif<--- This thing. Use it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭samson09

robtri wrote: »
    interesting video

but I do have to ask.....Whats the CT here?????????????????????????????????????????

I have to agree with you, there is no CT here. Try talking about it anywhere else though and you'll promptly have your thread moved here. A number of people have raised the topic of mandatory vaccinations in the past and it was always treated like a CT. " No way, it'll never happen", "They can't force anyone do anything against without their consent" is usually what people said.

But now a Bill allowing mandatory vaccinations is being passed in America, plans are being made for similar procedures to happen in France, the UK and elsewhere and even our own legal system has provisions in it that allow for the use of mandatory vaccinations, albeit in extreme circumstances (Health Act 1947). Then theres the International Health Regulations 2005 that our health minister signed us up to a few years ago which would allow the WHO/UN take over and direct our health sysytem in the case of a pandemic emergency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I have to agree with you, there is no CT here. Try talking about it anywhere else though and you'll promptly have your thread moved here.
    But now a Bill allowing mandatory vaccinations is being passed in America,

Here's the thing...

The title of this thread says that Mass. is about to enforce mandatory vaccinations.
    You tne go on to say that Mass. is about to sign into law a bill which would allow them to do this...something significantly different to what your original thread title claims.

The truth is that, in fact, the bill is currently sitting in the Mass House of Representatives, and needs to pass there before it can be signed into law, and there are already questions about its constitutionality. Furthermore, the state government have gone on record to say that there are no plans to implement mandatory vaccinations. The purpose of the law is, rather, to give them the ability to react to somethign far more serious (e.g. bioterrorism), should such events ever come to pass.

So when you complain that people would somehow unfairly move such threads here....all I can do is suggest that you have created a CT. Regardless of whether or not the bill is a good idea, you've sensationalised it in about every way possible.

You've gone from a situation where a bill exists which might become law, which then could theoretically be used in a particular way, and started a thread stating that this "end possibility" is about to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭samson09

bonkey wrote: »
    Here's the thing...

The title of this thread says that Mass. is about to enforce mandatory vaccinations.
    You tne go on to say that Mass. is about to sign into law a bill which would allow them to do this...something significantly different to what your original thread title claims.

The truth is that, in fact, the bill is currently sitting in the Mass House of Representatives, and needs to pass there before it can be signed into law, and there are already questions about its constitutionality. Furthermore, the state government have gone on record to say that there are no plans to implement mandatory vaccinations. The purpose of the law is, rather, to give them the ability to react to somethign far more serious (e.g. bioterrorism), should such events ever come to pass.

So when you complain that people would somehow unfairly move such threads here....all I can do is suggest that you have created a CT. Regardless of whether or not the bill is a good idea, you've sensationalised it in about every way possible.

You've gone from a situation where a bill exists which might become law, which then could theoretically be used in a particular way, and started a thread stating that this "end possibility" is about to happen.

You're splitting hairs bonkey. Its obvious what's going on here.They're trying to pass legislation that stamps on the rights of the individual and imo that's unconstitutional. If it passes, they will be able to enforce mandatory vaccinations. Maybe its just my wording thats bothering you but surely you get the gist of what I'm saying? Any chance you could be a less personal when answering posts? The atmosphere in here the last few days has actually been fairly relaxed, it would be a shame if it were to end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

You're splitting hairs bonkey.

If you wish to see it that way, thats your perogative.

I'm trying to explain why, in my perspective, people react the way they do to sensationalist misrepresentation of events.
    They're trying to pass legislation that stamps on the rights of the individual and imo that's unconstitutional.
    FWIW, I agree with this.
    If it passes, they will be able to enforce mandatory vaccinations.
    Yes. If it passes, They will be able to enforce mandatory vaccinations if they ever need to.

This is different to the allegation that they are about to enforce mandatory vaccinations....which suggests there is a mandatory program about to be rolled out.
    Maybe its just my wording thats bothering you but surely you get the gist of what I'm saying?
    It may well be just the wording....but my argument would still hold. The inaccuracies and implications in the choice of wording lean strongly to suggesting a CT, rather than a wish to discuss the political impact of the actual state of affairs.
    Any chance you could be a less personal when answering posts? The atmosphere in here the last few days has actually been fairly relaxed, it would be a shame if it were to end.
    How am I being personal? I've made comments about your argument, not about you.

Advertisement