Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TM AUG (Civ) help!

Options
  • 24-09-2009 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

looking to know what mounts id need for my aug as im looking to fit a scope and cant seem to find out anywhere what size is needed any help'd be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Your aug civilian is fitted with a 20mm weaver rail. look for scope mount rings that not only fit the size of your scope tube, but are for a 20mm rail (most are either 20mm or 11. Most airsoft shops sell 20mm rings, as do shops that sell scopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Na0

thanks alot for the fast reply gotta get myself a set now and figure out the scopes thickness :)

many thanks again :D

on most generic airsoft telescopic sights, they are around 25mm, red dots tend to be 30mm tubes, as do some bigger scopes. Always check first though :)

Ebay is a good one for scope rings stupidly cheaply :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Another problem you might run into with the AUG civvie is the position of the grooves within the rail. this can make it difficult to attach some scopes and red dots like the acog for instance, the scopes that have a single securing screw are usually fine but anything with 2 can be difficult.,

he should be alright, as most airsoft acogs have only one bar, and one cut down inside the mount. and red dots tend to only have one.

• Advertisement

Most acogs won't fit, I have both the civvie and an acog, it needed some slight tuning.,

odd... the RS one i have, and the G&P Both fit on an a2 aug fine... (the civie)
    Perhaps you did it wrong?

Firekitten wrote: »
    odd... the RS one i have, and the G&P Both fit on an a2 aug fine... (the civie)
    Perhaps you did it wrong?

I'm quite sure I know what I'm doing, thanks,. :)

As others do fit fine, clearly not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

As others do fit fine, clearly not.

Thankfully, he knows enough to have built up a bit of a reputation in the community. And I've never felt the need to deny he ever worked with me, or send send threatening PM's to people who mention in public that he does.

Just sayin' like......;)

• Advertisement

'I'll set me da' on you!'

Just sayin' like ;)

'I'll set me da' on you!'

Just sayin' like ;)

I look forward to the phone call. :D

I thought Richie had already phoned you? or do you check boards regularly to see if he needs backup? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

hawks must be a great team to be in
    watching each others back on the field and on the net:)

I thought Richie had already phoned you? or do you check boards regularly to see if he needs backup? ;)

Oh dearie me, no - he's more than capable of handling the begrudgers without anyone jumping in to defend him. I just don't see why he should have all the fun !

Now, I'll let you have the last word, because I know you just have to, and I'd rather not drag this dick waving contest any further into Offtopicland.

Actually, you dragged this off topic mate. I was pointing out that its perfectly possible to mount an acog on a civilian aug, without modficiation. Masada, another poster disagreed. Unless you want to tell me im wrong, why are you posting?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Why does every single thread on this forum descend into this crap lately?

Blay wrote: »
    Why does every single thread on this forum descend into this crap lately?

See if you can find the common denominator ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

i vote we shtall the ball on this:p

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Na0

im pretty new here and and thankful for the help im just glad 'real guns' are illegal in ireland lol, i think you lads/ladys? should all settle it in a skirmish!

• Advertisement

Na0 wrote: »
    im pretty new here and and thankful for the help im just glad 'real guns' are illegal in ireland lol, i think you lads/ladys? should all settle it in a skirmish!

Ahhh sure then we'd just be accusing each other of not taking hits :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Guys and Gals give this pointless petty squabbling a rest

It's getting very tiresome

Someone asked for help with their AEG

If your not here to help them gtfo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

<snip> Ignored Mod warning

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

<snip> Ignored Mod warning

Advertisement