Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxing beach resort on the east coast

Options
  • 24-09-2009 5:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a place where one could head for about 5 days with a hotel near the beach.

Its gotta be hot there and not too north so that itys hand enoght to get there.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

whitsunday islands
    byron bay
    sunshine coast/ gold coast
    broome

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Anything up near brisbane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Anyone know a place where one could head for about 5 days with a hotel near the beach.

Its gotta be hot there and not too north so that itys hand enoght to get there.

Thanks in advance.
    I live in Port Douglas, an hour north of Cairns. It has all that stuff. Its 33 degrees today.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Byron and gold coast are only an hour or two north and south of brisbane.
    I'd say go a bit further north, for the sake of 30mins extra on a plane it'll be warmer

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

Pop over to Fiji.

It's very cheap over there and the flights are good value too.

There are six five star all inclusive resorts on Denerau Island which is about 20 minutes from the airport.

• Advertisement

CiaranC wrote: »
    I live in Port Douglas, an hour north of Cairns. It has all that stuff. Its 33 degrees today.

Where is the nearest airport? Is it far from the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

afaik nearest airport to Port Douglas is Cairns, Port Douglas is about an hours drive north of Cairns.

I'm in Surfers Paradise, an hour south of Brisbane airport, 20 mins north of Gold Coast airport. Current temps on the Gold Coast are between 25 and 30 degrees. There's loads of different suburbs along the Gold coast each has a beach, boating activites, parks, nightlife, shopping, etc. There's a few theme parks close by aswell if thats your thing. All no more than 30 minutes from the Gold Coast aiport. Gold Coast is pretty built up so if your looking for a relaxing unspoilt beach to yourself you wont find it here...Fiji is your spot as previously mentioned.

Sunshine Coast would be about 5 degrees hotter than here, thats an hour North of Brisbane, think Brisbane airport is the closest one. Off the top of my head, Noosa, Maroochydore, Bribie Island (Lovely relaxing area with every thing you need but not as much hustle and bustle as other spots) are all here, you could google for more info on them.

Hope this helps :)

sonners wrote: »

Sunshine Coast would be about 5 degrees hotter than here, thats an hour North of Brisbane, think Brisbane airport is the closest one.

We have decided on this. Your a gent!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

We have decided on this. Your a gent!;)

Lady :p:)

sonners wrote: »
    Lady :p:)

Thats the spirit! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement