Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Negatives to digital photo

Options
  • 24-09-2009 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I have a negative and I was wondering if it is possible to scan on a regular scanner and reproduce as a digital image. I have photoshop but I have never tried to scan a negative before.
    Any advice would be gratefully received.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

not unless your scanner is capable of scanning negatives....results will be pretty poor.

Are you using a flatbed scanner ? Do you have a model number for the scanner ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

The scanner would need to be capable of scanning a negative and producing a positive image. Some scanners can do this but your basic model probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

On a regular scanner no you need a special piece of kit. Most good priniting shops will do it for you for a small cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 soozyq

Corkbah wrote: »
    not unless your scanner is capable of scanning negatives....results will be pretty poor.

Are you using a flatbed scanner ? Do you have a model number for the scanner ?

It is only a bog standard Epson Stylus DX7000F.

Just thought I would ask anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭xprepairs

soozyq wrote: »
    I have a negative and I was wondering if it is possible to scan on a regular scanner and reproduce as a digital image. I have photoshop but I have never tried to scan a negative before.
    Any advice would be gratefully received.
    Thanks
    I bought a Microtek Scanmaker s400 just for doing that. It will scan 4 negs or slides at a time and does a great job:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/scanners/microtek-scanmaker-s400-flatbed/4505-3136_7-30916539.html
    I had to scan over 400 slides and convert them to digital photos to be used in a movie slideshow DVD ( pics from 40's-60's) for a client. He was ecstatic at the great results.

• Advertisement
Advertisement