Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone - Home phone and broadband.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ovidius

I got my Router yesterday ( nice white box :D..no idea what name) but I noticed one thing. While the speed is ok, it takes ages to load the photos in Flickr. WHY? Any idea how can I sort this?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭seregrail7

Don't use that router, it's terrible.

Read more here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055751354

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Hi guys, I got the call from vodafone asking me to switch from eircom.
    I am living in arklow so until now eircom was the only real choice plus the best I can get on my line is 3mb supposedly.

the vodafone pricing seems good plus I get a discount as I am a vodfone mobile customer as well.

I hammer my download limit with eircom but it's not an issue as they dont seem to bother anyone about it. vodafone offer me a 40gb limit and i can get an extra 30mb for €4 i think.

so the package offered would be for €38.99 a month (i think)
    3mb broadband
    line rental
    free evening and weekend calls
    some free minutes to vodafone mobiles

cost wise it is definitely cheaper than eircom but as my main usage is broadband could I be shooting myself in the foot just to save a few quid.
    i.e. I'm reading here about poor dl speeds, poor modems, poor attenuation etc

any advice/experience/opinion appreciated.

I have arranged for vodafone to call me back on Monday so any input before then would be great

also, could I use my eircom netopia router with vodafone and just configure it for vodafone. save me having to setup all my wireless devices again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 lawrenceSummer

Hi guys, I got the call from vodafone asking me to switch from eircom.
    I am living in arklow so until now eircom was the only real choice plus the best I can get on my line is 3mb supposedly.

the vodafone pricing seems good plus I get a discount as I am a vodfone mobile customer as well.

I hammer my download limit with eircom but it's not an issue as they dont seem to bother anyone about it. vodafone offer me a 40gb limit and i can get an extra 30mb for €4 i think.

so the package offered would be for €38.99 a month (i think)
    3mb broadband
    line rental
    free evening and weekend calls
    some free minutes to vodafone mobiles

cost wise it is definitely cheaper than eircom but as my main usage is broadband could I be shooting myself in the foot just to save a few quid.
    i.e. I'm reading here about poor dl speeds, poor modems, poor attenuation etc

any advice/experience/opinion appreciated.

I have arranged for vodafone to call me back on Monday so any input before then would be great

also, could I use my eircom netopia router with vodafone and just configure it for vodafone. save me having to setup all my wireless devices again!

i changed over, still use the eircom moden, had to change the username and password from eircom@eircom.ie to vodafone@vodafone.ie withthe password being broadband

its just like changing to bord gais, same thing just cheaper

Advertisement