Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIRTY OLD TOWN

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Any chance you can edit your post, and press enter between the [/img] and the [img][/img]

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Yeah and even though it is up by the Eire Og where all the "travellers" where recently I would imagine that not ALL of it was left there by them..

I paved my drive last year and unloaded 3 truck loads of gravel and clay up there (after permission was sought) and the amount of people that had dumped rubish all over the place up there was a disgrace.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

testicle wrote: »
    Any chance you can edit your post, and press enter between the [/img] and the [img][/img]

I've done that now. I'm not a my own machine atm so if there's more editing needed (resizing or whatever) I'll do it when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

ah lads it's not just in the town,
    the scenic areas which are supposed to attract visitors to carlow are destroyed to by fuc.king idiots who continue to destroy areas that they lay no claim to what so ever. Scenic areas such as mount leinster are frequently littered with nappies, washing machines, black bags of rags and trash and even vehicles!! like wtf. The dirty old town reference is correct. It's beyond joke. With regard to some areas in the town it is completely riduculous when you think that some areas are given up on because they have long been designated as litter/anti-social blackspots. Couldn't a commmunity service programme be put in place where young people and indeed older people, who are fortunate to escape conviction for anti social behaviour and get community service instead, are instructed to take to the local estates side by side with the coucil and clear the mess up? maybe a solution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Carlow has the potential to be a beautiful place but it seems a lot of people here just don't care about their town. It's especially sad when scenic areas (the Barrow river and track for instance) are destroyed by careless people.

I remember the council put plants pots in Tullow Street to brighten the place up a few years back. They were there for about three years but nothing ever grew because the residents of Carlow decided to use these pots as ashtrays. Every single pot had dozens of cigarette butts in them. Eventually the council removed these plant pots, presumably as it was pointless having plants that were never going to grow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Carlow has the potential to be a beautiful place but it seems a lot of people here just don't care about their town. It's especially sad when scenic areas (the Barrow river and track for instance) are destroyed by careless people.

I remember the council put plants pots in Tullow Street to brighten the place up a few years back. They were there for about three years but nothing ever grew because the residents of Carlow decided to use these pots as ashtrays. Every single pot had dozens of cigarette butts in them. Eventually the council removed these plant pots, presumably as it was pointless having plants that were never going to grow.
    A REAL DISGRACE ,,,, :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    and the sad thing is if they went to the dump half of that stuff would be taking in for free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

walking home last night i also noticed the plants pulled up outside the credit union and empty chip wrappings all around. close down the chipshops or force them to put their name all over every piece of wrapping so they get fined for evert bit found on the streets and elsewhere!

who in gods name gave planning permission for a take-away there at closh stores anyway, it is almost beside another take-away and a chinese/cantonese restaurant and take-away.

Advertisement