Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Cheeks- treatment?

• 24-09-2009 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Has anyone ever had treatment for red cheeks? Not rosacea or thread veins, just common or garden ruddiness.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Have you tried using a white concealer/primer or green concealer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Whattosell

I have decades of experience in concealer! At the moment using an Art Deco one.

But heard Colette Cantthinkof her name from TV3 saying that she got some type of laser treatment for red cheeks and it worked very well.

I am so sick of my red cheeks and would love to do something about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

No. 7 do a cream type thing called Anti-Redness. It's actually quite good considering how cheap it is so you could try that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

Whattosell wrote: »
    I have decades of experience in concealer! At the moment using an Art Deco one.

But heard Colette Cantthinkof her name from TV3 saying that she got some type of laser treatment for red cheeks and it worked very well.

I am so sick of my red cheeks and would love to do something about it.

Op - I would love to have red cheeks, I absolutely love how people look when there cheeks are flushed. It's a lovely healthy look which is why blusher is so popular.

I have the opposite problem, my skin will not take blusher at all. No matter what brand I've tried or how much I layer it on, it makes no difference. I even went into Brown Thomas one day and the girl tried this red liquid that looked beauiful on her but it had no effect on my cheeks. It seemed to just disappear and the girl kept saying 'That is so weird!!'.

I have heard that No.7 have a green based cream that's supposed to be good but I would embrace my rosiness if I were you! Bet you look really healthy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Whattosell

Ilve tried all sorts of creams already and nothing doing. Thanks for the suggestion though.

As for looking healthy- yes, sure in a farmers wife sort of way- as if I;ve spent too much time in the wind and cold and outdoors. It would be fine if I just had slightly red cheekbones but alas its the whole cheek, right down to the jawline- you can't tell me you'd put your blusher down there!

I'm fed up with the redness, if laser treatment would do anything for it I'd love to know. Thinking of asking my GP to refer me to a dermatologist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

i have the exact same thing, did you find out any sort of treatment for it?
    keep me posted please, im also v sick of it!

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

I've recently started to use Dr Murad anti-redness creams, and they seem to be doing the job nicely. I was told that they are as effective as lasers for reducing the redness as if it's just high colour rather than roscera or broken veins, the colours likely to return even after lasers. I picked it up in Urbana spa in Dublin but I think you can get it in Boots and Arnotts, (not 100% though :o) Theres more info on the website here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P232339&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=1254

I heard this is pretty good, although it might not be what you're looking for OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I am cursed with rosacea (with red veins). I know this should be a seperate thread but I would love advise from other suffers who have successfully treated it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

The Clinique anti-redness range is good.

• Advertisement

looking more for something like laser treatment rather than a skincare regime

thanks though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

this happens to me as well.

i go fully red all down to my jawline; it could be from embarrassment or just from being in a warm room packed full of people.

the best thing i find is Benefit's You're Bluffing concealer.

41PR291P9TL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

you can get that and a loose powder as well.

all you need is to dab it across your cheekbones (and in my case, down the sides of my face too!) rub it in, and apply your usual foundation over it.

the way i do it is to apply a thin layer of the concealer, then a thin layer of foundation and repeat that a few times as it seems to blend better that way.

it's also possible to wear it without foundation but i think it looks a bit too obivous like that!

you can buy it from the benefit counters in any of the brown thomas or BT2 stores and in the house of fraser in dundrum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

I had red cheeks almost all the time (blotchy rather than cutesie just in from the snow!) because of sensitive skin and sun damage. I've tried lots of concealers, creams, nothing helped. I hit on a winning formula earlier this year, and now I have to wear blusher to add some colour to my cheeks!! I've been using Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and the moisturiser for combination skin frm her range, which really calms my skin, but the best piece of advice I got was to only let cool water near my face (I used to wash it in the shower). So now I wipe the cleanser off with a cloth and rinse in the shower with the water temp down low (brr) This week i had to go back to cleansing gel in the shower coz I've hurt my lip and can't bear using a cloth near it, but I'm starting to flare up again :eek: If you haven't tried a cream cleanser and cool (not cold, just as bad) water, give it a whirl before going for laser treatment.

supersheeps have you just red cheeks or do you have rosacea?

My redness is very like bradleys in eastenders, if it helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

mood wrote: »
    supersheeps have you just red cheeks or do you have rosacea?

Should have added that in, yes, I've got acne rosacea on my cheeks :( but seems to be much calmer now since I started doing the stuff I was talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Would using sunscreen help as acting as a barrier against the elements in some way?

Yes Larianne. I have been told to always use SPF 30 or more. This is also very important after any laser treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Dingleye

I have that horrible redness in my cheeks, I would love to go without make up but cant because I hate it so much.
    Heard you can get laser treatment on the redness, can be pricey but as far as I know you can get it dont through your VHI on certain plans, ask your doctor for more info on it. Looking for a permanent fix myself so will be looking into it. Would love to find a cream that really works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Guinot do a great anti redness cream Baume Anti Rougeurs.
    I dont leave the house without a SPF 25 face cream in sun sleet, wind or snow.

• Advertisement

Dingleye wrote: »
    I have that horrible redness in my cheeks, I would love to go without make up but cant because I hate it so much.
    Heard you can get laser treatment on the redness, can be pricey but as far as I know you can get it dont through your VHI on certain plans, ask your doctor for more info on it. Looking for a permanent fix myself so will be looking into it. Would love to find a cream that really works

I would love if you could let us know if you find out more about health insurance covering/part covering laser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 onahealthkick

I got the laser done on my cheeks and nose You would have to go a fair few times for the right outcome.Myself I just went the once I found the pain unbearable! They say that the pain is similar to someone snaping an elastic band to your face . I think you should poss try it but beforehand ask if they have a numbing gel that they can deaden the skin. I never went back as I was not impressed with the care I got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

My mam has the same thing, she uses that Benefit You're Bluffing concealer stuff too and she's very happy with it although she doesn't use it that often she looks great when she does.

I got the laser done on my cheeks and nose You would have to go a fair few times for the right outcome.Myself I just went the once I found the pain unbearable! They say that the pain is similar to someone snaping an elastic band to your face . I think you should poss try it but beforehand ask if they have a numbing gel that they can deaden the skin. I never went back as I was not impressed with the care I got.

How much did it cost you per treatment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 onahealthkick

It was one hundred euro per session I guess it may be cheaper now as prices have come down .My advice price around ask alot of questions beforehand.Good luck

Advertisement