Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson W395 vs W910i

• 24-09-2009 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

I had a w910i which was stolen a couple of weeks ago - luckily, I had phone insurance. Insurance company have sent me a w395 as a replacement, which I'm not at all impressed with.

The w910i was no great shakes, but at least it had a large screen and didn't look like a kid's toy!

Am I wrong in assuming that they should have sent me a w595 or at the very least a new w910i, and that the w395 they're trying to fob me off with is an inferior phone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I'd send it back and say that you were using 3G and expect a 3G phone as a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

bbor005 wrote: »
    I had a w910i which was stolen a couple of weeks ago - luckily, I had phone insurance. Insurance company have sent me a w395 as a replacement, which I'm not at all impressed with.

The w910i was no great shakes, but at least it had a large screen and didn't look like a kid's toy!

Am I wrong in assuming that they should have sent me a w595 or at the very least a new w910i, and that the w395 they're trying to fob me off with is an inferior phone?

While the the W395i does have some of the same features, e.g. slide form factor, 2 MP camera, walkman player etc, they should have sent you a W595i as it is a more comparable handset. The biggest difference between the W910i and the W395i is the lack of 3G, so that alone should be reason enough to ask for a different handset.

You can compare the features of both handsets here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bbor005

Just spoke to o2's insurance people and they've agreed to swap the w395 for a w595 on Monday. The lady I spoke to was actually friendly enough, here's hoping the courier arrives on Monday as promised!

Glad I didn't let them fob me off with an inferior phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

bbor005 wrote: »
    Just spoke to o2's insurance people and they've agreed to swap the w395 for a w595 on Monday. The lady I spoke to was actually friendly enough, here's hoping the courier arrives on Monday as promised!

Glad I didn't let them fob me off with an inferior phone!

It's good to hear you're getting the handset you wanted. ;)

Advertisement