Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Chorus

Options
  • 24-09-2009 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

hi folk.I WAS CUSTOMER OF NTL FROM MARCH 09 TILL END JUNE 09.I WENT OUT FROM HOUSE WHERE I LIVE.I RAND CUS.SERV, TOLD THEM I AM MOVING HOUSE THEY SAID THEY WILL CHECK IF THE SERVICE AVAILABLE ON MY NEW ADDRESS.AFTER SOME STAGE THEY RANG ME AND I WAS TOLD THAT THERE S NO SERVICE AVAILABLE ON MY NEW ADDRESS.AND I E_MAIL THEM 1 MONTH ADVANCE THAT I WANT TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT,BY THE TIME I GOT BROADBAND CONNECTION FROM VODAFONE.BUT OVER 2 MONTHS GONE I RECEIVED A BILL FROM NTL WHERE I AM NOT THEIR CUSTOMER ANYMORE.THEY STILL DIDNT CLOSE MY ACC.THEY WANT PAYMENT FROM ME FOR THE SERVICE I AM NOT USING IT.
    NTL CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ****T.THEY CANT GET ANY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AWARD.THEH CAN ONLY GET MY HAIRY BALLS.
    ****T COMPANY USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Post moved to new thread. OP, please do not drag up old threads - start a new one instead.

And please try not to use CAPS Lock - it makes your post hard to read.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Ignore them, and make sure there's no active direct debit. If you did give them any bank detail, write to your bank and cancel the direct debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Welcome to the I hate NTL crowd.

Do you have a copy of your cancellation? It is a hard slog getting to the right people I will admit but hopefully if you dig your heels in it will be sorted, they have a habit of charging for months after cancellation.

My sister in law cancelled with them and continued to get billd for months afterwards, she used to send the bills back to them stating service no longer required but they continued eventually she threatened to get her solicitors onto them for harrassment and threatening to blacken her credit rating for a service she did not request.

I am afraid my disconnection with them was even harder than this but eventually it got sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ozal83

dudara wrote: »
    Post moved to new thread. OP, please do not drag up old threads - start a new one instead.

And please try not to use CAPS Lock - it makes your post hard to read.

dudara

yeah no bother,i ll try about caps lock

thanks for comment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I moved house a couple of years ago. Cancelled my Chorus. About 6 weeks later I received a call from them asking me when I wanted to be reconnected to their service. I told them I had Sky but the guy on the phone insisted I needed to pay outstanding monies on my account as my account was never cancelled. He started to get quite aggressive telling me I definitely ordered a connection. I told him quite politely to go and **** his records were wrong and not to call again. They didn't stop calling me asking for payment and insisting I ordered the reconnection until I told them they were harassing me and as such I would get my solicitor involved (very USA...I don't have a solicitor). He said he would close the account but said very fast before he hung up the phone 'We'll you definitely ordered the reconnection'. God I'm getting mad just thinking about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Oh I love the NTL posts, they really show how a company should not be run.

As for the luthers who work there, the mind baffles what training one receives when working for NTL. The Dummies Guide to being Stupid maybe.

I still get junk mail from them every week addressed to the Householder, for revenge I send it back with 'return to sender' on it hoping others are doing the same and it's at least costing NTL some financial loss.

Advertisement