Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Hard Drive?

Options
  • 24-09-2009 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hello all,

My Maxtor internal hard drive ( 3.5 SATA ) decided that it does not want to work any more:mad:

Can anyone recommend a good reliable brand for a new hard drive:confused:

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

What I would recommend is Maxtor :eek:, I have one here and its outlived three PC's.

Runs a lot cooler than a Hitachi one that I have also installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

I Find Western digital to be very reilaible. I have never had a hdd failure and i used about 5 drives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

I put the desktop into sleep mode and in the morning when I attempted to power it back up it just displayed a black screen with white text requesting that I insert a boot disk and so on. I booted it with my vista cd and went into the setup mode. The system cannot see or detect the hard drive. Thankfully I never got around to deleting photos and vids off my camera so I have 95% of them still.

Advertisement