Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Openoffice calc\Excel query

• 24-09-2009 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm setting up a sheet here at the moment for managing money for something.

I have three fields on the sheet with values for current money in account, current cash and current credit card balance.

I then want to have different input fields down below where I can enter in a price for something I paid via credit card for example. When I press enter on this value I want it to automatically update the credit card balance above. So if the current credit card balance is 500 and I enter 50 down below then the new value for credit card balance should be 450.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

I dunno what way you are doing it, But if I was doing it I would:

Have a separate worksheet for each account

Have 5 columns in each worksheet; Date, Details, CR, DR & Balance

My Balance (Column E) would have the following formula in lets say row 2 =E1+C2-D2 and in the Column E row 3 would be =E2+C3-D3 and so on.

If you just insert the formula into the first cell, you can then drag it down and excel will auto adjust the formula for each cell.

Advertisement