Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crouch or keane

Options
  • 24-09-2009 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

would you start saturday

keane - 2 goals from 7 starts
    crouch - 5 goals from 3 starts

on a good note patterson is out for burnley and their keeper has a problem too , he is 50-50. if their keeper is out (the beast) then we will kill them as he is a huge player for them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

start them and leave defoe on the bench :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

My heart says Keane but me head says neither. Im starting to think that Keanes own fast paced, running everything down game is beyond him now and that age might just be starting to show the first signs of catching up with him. Unless he finds a dead set position and role to play under Harry soon then I can see him being used as transfer fodder , if not Janaury then next summer. Please dont shoot me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

your head says neither? so you think defoe will be up front on his own

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Keane & Defoe up front. Get back to the formation we had in the first 4 games with Niko on the left instead of Modric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

mickman wrote: »
    your head says neither? so you think defoe will be up front on his own

Nooooooooo...... I suppose what I ment was I'd love to see another quality striker up front with Defoe and not Crouch. Have we ever really got enough of a chance to see Pav in action! I dont know. We never properly replaced Berb, but then again it is very hard to replace a player of his quality.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I always think its unfair on Keane to judge him solely on goals scored. Yes he's technically a striker, but he bring more to the team then anyone, bar maybe Modric. I'd go Keane/Defoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Keane and Crouch,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I agree,

Back to the days of the first four games I say. I would take Keane anyday ahead of Crouch. as has been said many times here it reduces our tactics to hoofing balls up towards him and not playing through a team like we were.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

try keane and crouch together in cc they dont have the same understanding as jd and crouch and burnley game would suit crouch imho.
    lawro says 3-0 a bit optimistic even if their talisman keeper is only 50;50

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

curraghyid wrote: »
    try keane and crouch together in cc they dont have the same understanding as jd and crouch and burnley game would suit crouch imho.
    lawro says 3-0 a bit optimistic even if their talisman keeper is only 50;50

He's more than that - he'll play!

And I'd go for Crouch/Defoe up front with Keane on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

would you start saturday

keane - 2 goals from 7 starts
    crouch - 5 goals from 3 starts

on a good note patterson is out for burnley and their keeper has a problem too , he is 50-50. if their keeper is out (the beast) then we will kill them as he is a huge player for them[/QUOTE]

There'll be no killing.....the beast is playing.......I'd take 1-0.

there was no hoofing of balls up to crouch on wed nite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

crouch and defoe, krancjar on the left, keane selling match programmes outside!

good one. but i have a horrible feeling that it will be keane on the left again with cudicini in goal

even though gomes made saves last wednesday that proved he would have saved at least 1-2 of man uniteds goals against us

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

hope you have horrible feelings about keane every week mickman

4 today -

5 scored (again) and a clean sheet

yidos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Danmilanman

defoe crouch

keane

modric jenas/huddlestone

palacios

assou ekotto corluka

king woodgate

cudicini

i follow ac milan(no insults needed) but this would be my take on the current spurs team :D

how do you them apples mickman :) na seriously budd don't think any of us say that coming today from robbie. Maybe he's a user here and wanted to prove us wrong.

guys

i only asked the question who would you start. i never said id have started crouch. in fact i would have started keane as every time him and defoe have started up front we would have won. i only started a thread!!

guys

i only asked the question who would you start. i never said id have started crouch. in fact i would have started keane as every time him and defoe have started up front we would have won. i only started a thread!!

I for one was only joking man. I think more people are thinking that crouch is the way to go and i really dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Great result. Back on form lads.

I got keane to score and us to win at 15/8. My pockets are €45 heavier :D

My only worry was that Redknapp slated Nugent before the game and I was impressed with his two goals last week. All the attention will be off us with Chelsea dropping points today.

Just watching Berbatov's celebration on the Premiership. 30 million was a great piece of business!!

• Advertisement

yeah the more i see berba playing with united. we got a great deal for him

harry would have no time for him at all. modric is ten times the player he is

Looking forward to having Modric back. We are worryingly light in midfield. Still cant get my head around O Hara gone to Portsmouth on loan. Think he is a great sub to have if you are winning and looking to close a game out mickman.

My sis was over at the Liverpool game. She said to me that his bird Danielle was coming out of the players section signing autographs for being the team bike as she put it. I nearly choked laughing at that.

Seillejet wrote: »
    Looking forward to having Modric back. We are worryingly light in midfield. Still cant get my head around O Hara gone to Portsmouth on loan. Think he is a great sub to have if you are winning and looking to close a game out mickman.

My sis was over at the Liverpool game. She said to me that his bird Danielle was coming out of the players section signing autographs for being the team bike as she put it. I nearly choked laughing at that.

I have to admit i'd happily take all her std's in my stride if it ment having a go on her. Epic statement from your misses though.

It was my sis but I agree. Lucky she didnt get a slap :D

She got Ledley Kings autograph cause she remembered me telling her about a yid I seen with a jersey saying who needs a Queen when we have a King. Liked the sentiment but Im far too old for autographs. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

thats robbies scoring quota til christmas sorted!

Bob Keane is always good for a penalty though. I wont hear a word against Bob the scorer!!!

o hara was great for pompey on sat even though they lost

harry didnt want him to go but the deal was that we had to give him on loan till january if we wanted to sell boateng to them so we did well.

4 million for the Prince of Hot Air was not to be laughed at I agree. I dont think he had too with O Hara though. Something going on their. Id say Arry wasnt to happy with the Danielle nighclub crap and is trying to teach him a lesson. Off to Pompey with you to kop on. I think he has the makings of a terrific player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

mushykeogh wrote: »
    crouch and defoe, krancjar on the left, keane selling match programmes outside!
    I was at the game and thankfully Robbie Keane wasen't selling programmes outside the ground, he was on top form on the pitch banging in 4 :)

• Advertisement

Great game to get. Have you any photos?

Advertisement