Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crouch or keane

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

tippspur wrote: »
    I was at the game and thankfully Robbie Keane wasen't selling programmes outside the ground, he was on top form on the pitch banging in 4 :)

its about bloody time he scored cos in fairness he has been dire so far this season. Id still leave him on the bench, i just dont rate him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

IMO I think a lot us sometimes miss the other contributions that Robbie makes to the team other than scoring goals.

Fair enough, he's playing as a striker so therefore we expect him to score goals, however I'd bet he probably makes more assists than most other PL strikers and whether he scores or not he's always getting into the right positions in the penalty area, which puts extra pressure on the opposition defence's.

There's no doubt that Crouchy will change the game when he comes on but IMO I think he's better as an impact player, someone to totally change the style of play when we are up against it.

I'd say the one cert is that JD will always start this season. It is most likely that Robbie will start most games but every now and then Harry will change it about and partner Crouch with JD.

We've won four from six PL games, which is not a bad return so I would not expect Harry to change things drastically unless we hit a slump.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

RichMc70 wrote: »
    We've won four from six PL games, which is not a bad return so I would not expect Harry to change things drastically unless we hit a slump.

Cough.... five from seven ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

you have to admit keane was top class on sat.

he played defoe in on goal at least 2-3 times where he should have scored. he scored 4 himself and played numerous passes . he did nothign wrong all day except go for a 5th goal at the end when he should have passed

crouch missed a sitter too when keane crossed. we really should have won 7-0

every time the ball was moving up the pitch we looked like scoring,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Maybe I'm stupid but i just realised that three of Keane's goals came after 70 minutes at which point he is usually substituted for crouch and if defoe had not injured his hand i would guess he would of been substituted again at around 60 - 65 minutes same thing at liverpool as well?? anyone reckon if maybe he stayed on for the whole match he'd score a fair few extra goals???

Keane would only of had 1 goal instead of 4 if he had been substituted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I have to im with keane because he has more pace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Crouch will have a big part to play on cold wet wednesday nights in feb when we can't play our football. Also he'll be great coming on to change a game with his height if its not working & against particularly phsyisical, arial teams (like Bolton!?).

But on a warm, perfect late summer's day at the lane at home to Burnley it was always going to be Keane/Defoe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

whoever said that keane couldnt play with defoe

they movement together was excellent on sat

Advertisement