Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sloe Berries Around Dublin?

Options
  • 24-09-2009 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi All,

I'm looking for some Sloe Berries around Dublin and was wondering if anyone has seen any? I'm from out of town so I have no idea where to look!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hi All,

I'm looking for some Sloe Berries around Dublin and was wondering if anyone has seen any? I'm from out of town so I have no idea where to look!

Northside or Southside?

There are some growing in wasteland behind my house, I've been down there the last two weekends collecting blackberries.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

there are loads at the back of my house in finglas

was looking at them the other day and wondering what i could do with them.

Rosehips, as well if anyone wants them but leave the blackberries alone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

A great idea for Sloe berries is...

Get a cheap bottle of Gin and add the sloe berries. Leave for a couple of weeks (giving the bottle a little shake every now and again) and you get yourself a lovely sloe gin.

Right that's it now I too need to get my hands on some Sloes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 GreenPlastic

Des wrote: »
    Northside or Southside?

There are some growing in wasteland behind my house, I've been down there the last two weekends collecting blackberries.

Where ever! I can make it to either side, but I guess Southside is preferred...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭donaghs

Howth has some in the wilder parts. On the Southside, it was a few years ago, but I remember finding them on Killiney Hill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement