Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Dog Groomer in Meath/Cavan

• 24-09-2009 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭

I'm living on the Meath/Cavan border. Just looking for a decent groomer in the area. There are loads in the Cavan town/Virginia/Kells/Navan areas but just wondering does anyone know who's good (and who's not!!!?)?

Any recommendations in the area would be greatly appreciated.

My dog is a Cocker Spaniel.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

I live in Kells and I send my dogs to a groomers in Ashbourne called LePaws.

They're absolutely fantastic and by far the best groomers I've ever used. My dogs come back looking amazing (my collie is long haired and has bad arthritis and they're unbelievably good with him as well as making him look great!) and the dogs really seem to enjoy it too. They do a collection/delivery service though I normally meet them in Slane or Navan as I have other things on at the weekend in those areas.

I've used the groomer in the big petshop chain in Navan/Ashbourne in the past and wasn't at all happy with the work they did on 2 of my 3 dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

hadook wrote: »
    I live in Kells and I send my dogs to a groomers in Ashbourne called LePaws.

They're absolutely fantastic and by far the best groomers I've ever used. My dogs come back looking amazing (my collie is long haired and has bad arthritis and they're unbelievably good with him as well as making him look great!) and the dogs really seem to enjoy it too. They do a collection/delivery service though I normally meet them in Slane or Navan as I have other things on at the weekend in those areas.

I've used the groomer in the big petshop chain in Navan/Ashbourne in the past and wasn't at all happy with the work they did on 2 of my 3 dogs.

How much do they charge? A collection/delivery service sounds like it could be expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

My collie costs 50-60 euro depending on the time of the year and the amount of effort they need to put into his coat as a result.

From what I remember I was charged a similar price to have him "accidentally" shaved by the groomer in the petshop chain. I asked for his coat to be stripped out for the summer but I don't think they knew how to do that...

He went in looking like this:
    3263486242_f7ff89e29c.jpg

and came home looking like this:
    2390523948_ff593b038e.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lainy777

Lots of dog groomers dont seem to know how a cocker should look and are very clipper happy!!!!!! Precious paws in kingscourt (Gladdys Frazer) always done a lovely job on my cockers. It will cos about 50 euro. I do it myself now as it gets expensive when you have more than one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

lainy777 wrote: »
    Lots of dog groomers dont seem to know how a cocker should look and are very clipper happy!!!!!! Precious paws in kingscourt (Gladdys Frazer) always done a lovely job on my cockers. It will cos about 50 euro. I do it myself now as it gets expensive when you have more than one!

Thanks for that.

Did you get my pm from when I pmed you before about the cockers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7 Biker3

I have a cocker as well and live in Cavan. Have tried several different groomers but have never been happy with what they did. One place totally shaved her - she looked like a lab afterwards.
    Finally found a really good groomer called Ard Na gCapall in Kilnaleck. Husband and wife run grooming parlour and boarding kennel. They did a fantastic job on her and I will be using them from now on. Cost 50 euro but was well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Classylass

Hi,
    I have used groomerhasit in Carlanstown, kells. The lady's name is Denise and I found her to be so helpfull. I have a Cocker Spaniel and he came back looking a million dollars and not at all distressed. I was so used to other groomers shaving him that I was so delighted when he was done by hand. She really is great. I got her number from a friend who got their dog done. I couldn't recommend Denise enough. He number is 087-9794440. She does appointments in the evening also if that suited as my sister got her Lab done also.
    Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 elboyco

I've also used groomerhasit in Carlanstown, its a 15 minute drive for me but well worth it. I've never seen my dogs looking so well & they're always so happy.
    I've had bad experiences with groomers before but I'm so pleased to have found Denise, she really is fantastic. She gave me advice on how to look after my dogs coats & their diet and is very reasonably priced.
    Like Classylass I couldn't recommend her enough

Oh My God,
    Just home with my new ****hzu after having her groomed with Denise.. She looks fantastic, I was afraid as her face was slightly matted that she would have to be shaved but Denise showed me the correct way to brush her... She is FANTASTIC!!!!! Any dog owner will know as soon as they meet her that she Loves her job and the doggies love her!!!

Oh My God,
    Just home with my new ****hzu after having her groomed with Denise.. She looks fantastic, I was afraid as her face was slightly matted that she would have to be shaved but Denise showed me the correct way to brush her... She is FANTASTIC!!!!! Any dog owner will know as soon as they meet her that she Loves her job and the doggies love her!!!
    Groomer has it- 046-9246958 or 087-9794440 or www.groomerhasit.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

Denise has been grooming my cocker spaniels since I have them now ... I travel from Trim and hang around while they're being done, at least I know they wont be shaved all over so I wouldnt go anywhere else

She is FAN-TAS-TIC

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭teacherspet

OK enough about Denise. We know she is Fantastic. Her phone number and web page are up. Enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

teacherpet, why are you so jealous ?

Advertisement