Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is an appropriate place to post tutorials?

Options
  • 24-09-2009 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I was considering posting up a few small Java tutorials I am currently working on, mostly aimed at beginners. Where might I put these, if there is anywhere suited ? Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Latest Blogs/Articles would be the best place I suppose. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 majestic0110

Evil Phil wrote: »
    Latest Blogs/Articles would be the best place I suppose. :)

Ok, great - thanks for that. Am I correct in thinking that I can only post links in that thread to items I have published elsewhere? Is there somewhere that I could just write up a small tutorial as its own thread - or is it better to just post links in that thread you mention?

Hmm, I don't know. You have two possible options - you may have a better idea yourself.

Option 1.
    Post a link the blogs/article sticky and start a separate thread with a link to the same blog/article. I'm asking people to do both for now to see which option works better.

Option 2.
    Post the tutorial here in a new thread and use the feedback and resulting discussion to fine-tune your tutorial before it gets published somewhere else.

Hmm, I don't know. You have two possible options - you may have a better idea yourself.

Option 1.
    Post a link the blogs/article sticky and start a separate thread with a link to the same blog/article. I'm asking people to do both for now to see which option works better.

Option 2.
    Post the tutorial here in a new thread and use the feedback and resulting discussion to fine-tune your tutorial before it gets published somewhere else.

Ok, thanks very much I will consider the options!

Would you mind going with Option 2? A tutorial is going to promote questions, it would be nice to give them a place to ask them.

• Advertisement

Would you mind going with Option 2? A tutorial is going to promote questions, it would be nice to give them a place to ask them.

That's fine, I am more than happy to go with option 2! Questions are always good, to help others learn and reinforce my own knowledge!

Advertisement