Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

molex to 6 pin pci express question.

Options
  • 24-09-2009 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

i have a 580w power supply that has gave me a connector to use on my pciex graphics card. Its molex to 6 pin. What i want to know is am i better off buying a new psu instead of using these types of connectors.

I need two 6 pin connectors for my new graphics card so i went out to maplin and bought another molex to 6 pi8n connector. I cant help think that they are just really flimsy and might damage the card.

could this happen by using these molex to 6 pin connectors? or is there any change in voltage etc.....?

any help would be great.

thanks.
    boggy
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

theres no worries whatsover over it! plug it in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

it seems to be going well anyway. might upgrade to a better psu over the next few months anyway.

thanks for the advice=)

Advertisement