Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunfanaghy, Donegal

Options
  • 24-09-2009 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

Is this town/village a nice place to visit? Would be for 1 night on the October bank holiday weekend. is there good places to eat, B&Bs, somewhere to watch the foorball & have a pint?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Might be a wee bit chilly depending on the weather as its located on the North Atlantic. Its a good tourist town and I suppose the season doesnt really end till after the bank holiday.

You shouldnt have any problems getting a B & B and Im sure a pint and a TV can be found handy enough. Nor sure about where to eat as Im not in that area but give it a wee while and you should get a few more replies here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

yes, its a great place to visit... weather can be a hard one to call though. Local hotels are Arnolds and the Carraig Rua, both do decent food and have nice bars, tv etc. Cafe on the main square called Muck n Muffins, really nice food, but go when its quieter, it can get a bit crowded. A couple of very nice pubs, Mollys on the upper main street, and there is a night club called Roonies across the road, where it seems the whole town goes afetr hours. Very scenic area, the coast road around Horn Head is breath taking. You are not far from Glenveagh Castle which is a great place to visit, they have a golden eagle sanctuary there. Also, Ards forest park is nearby, its on the coast and has a few orienteering trails. If your a golfer, Dunfanaghy has an 18 hole links, which Im told is a nice course. There are a good few B and Bs in town, also self catering places. I dont know any off hand I could recommend though, you probably could get a deal in one of the hotels. Enjoy the visit.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I would recomend The Cove Restaurant, which is in Port Na Blagh, which is right beside Dunfanaghy.

Or The Mill Restaurant http://themillrestaurant.com/

I think there's 2 proper hotels in Dunfanaghy along with loads of B&B's and a few pubs aswell, so you shouldn't have any bother finding somewhere to stay or to watch the football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 andyc09lad

as im from the town feel free to contact me about anything & ill be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

If you're in Dunfanaghy you may as well check out the beaches and climb the mountains. Even if it is getting colder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 camper111

lookin for accommodation for 6nights.anyone renting a room??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

camper111 wrote: »
    lookin for accommodation for 6nights.anyone renting a room??

Moore's holiday homes are a collection of cottages. They might suit. Otherwise, plenty of B&Bs, as said above.

http://www.mooresholidayhomes.com/

Advertisement