Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

teenage years

• 24-09-2009 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

:rolleyes:dose any 1 out there miss there teenage years
    drinkin on the streets haveing the crack and partying

and best of all knowing all the guards could do was take you home

if so tell me what you miss much and feel free to tell stories about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

I guess someone skipped a lot of school in their teenage years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Nice to see that you've found a few more keys, and you've almost found them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Don't miss them at all...
    I can actually afford to go out and get properly wankered now
    Regular sex ftw too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

burner2009 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:dose any 1 out there

swine flu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

does anyone out there miss their teenage years?

Nope. They were mediocre at best.

College years. Now those were some good times. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

:rolleyes:dose any 1 out there miss there teenage years
    drinkin on the streets haveing the crack and partying

and best of all knowing all the gards could do was take you home

if so tell me what you miss much and feel free to tell stories about it

How old are you? 20?

I don't miss my teenage years as I was a complete recluse until I was seventeen. Now I "party hardy" ev-er-ee night to make up for it. :cool:

Not really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭burner2009

well i supose you have a point i never taughty of it tat way but pubs are getting dear

so your tellin me you dont have any stories of you hanging about the streets drinking must only be something us dundalk boys do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

so your tellin me you dont have any stories of you hanging about the streets drinking must only be something us dundalk boys do

Yup. Dundalk lads invented hanging around and drinking. Nobody else has ever done it. You and your friends were innovators in your time lad. Breaking new ground each Friday and Saturday night.

Nobody had ever thought of eating a pack of polo mints on the way home to hide the smell of beer from your old folks either until you boys started doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Us Dundalk boys can spell properly on occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Yeah, I don't drink on streets...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

fap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

It's not a spelling test lads. Give it a rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

brummytom wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't drink on streets...

You drink in bushes . So not to be caught by the neighbours:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

BVB wrote: »
    You drink in bushes . So not to be caught by the neighbours

I was going to say I didn't drink or go to parties; but then remembered I''m at a party tomorrow night and hope to get completely carparked.

Still not on the streets though, I'm not an animal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Nah, way too much hassle - getting the drink in the first place, then the hiding of it, then the smuggling out of it (and not being prepared for the "that bag looked a lot fuller when you left last night" comments the next day), trying to get rid of the smell of drink, trying not to act hungover... some people enjoyed all that because of the illicit thrill (which is understandable) but I personally found it too much grief.

College years ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I was going to say I didn't drink or go to parties; but then remembered I''m at a party tomorrow night and hope to get completely carparked.

Still not on the streets though, I'm not an animal

If its a house party I heard the best thing to do is to post the address of the house on Facebook and Twitter . This create a wild party . Just remember to leave before the police arrive . Looking forward to reading about it in The Sun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Us We Dundalk boys can spell properly on occasion.
    fyp.

OP, no i don't miss getting in trouble with the gardaí, i was perfectly capable of going knacker itinerant drinking without hassling innocent passers-by.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

and best of all knowing all the guards could do was take you home

And that's why vigilante groups have merit.

FYI
    Teenage years are the crappiest years of your life.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

tman wrote: »
    I can actually afford to go out and get properly wankered now

I had more money as a teenager than I do now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Beruthiel wrote: »
    FYI

Jesus, I hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭3qsmavrod5twfe

Ah carparked - I'm assuming from the latin carparkius originating from the greek corperkel. Interestingly the original meaning comes from cor for chariot and perkelean meaning to rest.*

Don't have any idea what it has to do with getting drunk though ;)

*May be complete bullshít

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭chachabinx

I remember the days when a tenner would get u ten blue & a naggin of vodka or 3 cans of druids... now its 20 blue.. bottle of vodka or a crate of bottle .. ****in taxi's everywhere... I had so much more money then with my 60 euro a week wages for working in a pub!

The laughs aswell... we used to stand in the middle of a field so the garda could be spotted from miles away... the drink was stashed in the bushes so when them came ye dropped what ya had & said you weren't drinking.. or RUN LIKE HELL if we were in the mood.. hidin in peoples gardens & all... twas all so much fun at the time...
    Out of the 4-5 years of knacker drinkin every weekend I didn't get caught once...

We also had no idea what p*r*i*c*k*s blokes were at the time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

Beruthiel wrote: »
    FYI

your life maybe. Mine were rappeh!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I had a friend was a big baseball player
    back in high school
    He could throw that speedball by you
    Make you look like a fool boy
    Saw him the other night at this roadside bar
    I was walking in, he was walking out
    We went back inside sat down had a few drinks
    but all he kept talking about was

Glory days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I miss the lack of self-expectation. Even when I did the LC I didn't feel that much stress. Now here I am with one year left in Uni and all I can think about is what kind of career I can carve out for myself. So yeah, I miss that care free feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Do not miss them a whole lot. I never drank so I didn't do the getting drunk thing, do not think I missed out a whole lot on that to be honest. It was only fairly late into secondary school that I started going out but got bored of that quickly. I loved school though and I miss being there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Nope, didn't like it. Fricken everyone around me seemed to be dying when I was younger!!

Though, I was able to drink more when I was younger without any consequences. Now, I fall asleep around half twelve. :o

...and I'm only twenty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I can't wait for them to end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I love them.:D
    And from the sounds of it college years are a lot better so looking forward to them.:D
    Love getting drunk just for the laugh, made my day brilliant at the Ploughing Championships.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

i never got the whole "lets go drinking in a field cos its fun and cool" thing.

my mam worked nights most weekends so there would usually just be 4 or 5 of us in my gaf watchin a movie or playin poker wit a few drinks tbh or the odd weekend when there was a party on we would go to that

when i was 17 we started goin to pubs cos we could get served

Advertisement