Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everquest - the first one

Options
  • 24-09-2009 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi,
    I really enjoyed EQ (the first one) back in the day and just found out about EQEmu - which is an open source EQ server/project.
    http://www.eqemulator.net/
    It sounds neat as you connect to free EQ servers and don't have to pay to play. EQ and EQ II are both has-beens at this stage but i was thinking of giving it a look for ol' times sake.

Unfortunately i no longer own the game so am looking for a copy.
    I put a thread on adverts.ie
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=148774&cat=28
    So, if anybody had Everquest: Secrets of Faydwer or Everquest: Titanium send me a pm huh?

Or, try it out yourself and let me know what you thought of it.
    The Hidden Forest is the name of the main European server.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 metarpg

I'm pretty sure you can get a digital download from Sony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Played everquest for years from launch, quit about 3 years ago now, go back occasionally but its never the same, empty zones, no friends about, atmosphere is totally gone.

I tried EQemu in the past too but its not for me, zones, mobs and lore are all different.

Been playing Aion the last couple of days (once I get through the queue) and its been a blast, good community and grouping set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

Tails142 wrote: »
    Played everquest for years from launch, quit about 3 years ago now, go back occasionally but its never the same, empty zones, no friends about, atmosphere is totally gone.

I tried EQemu in the past too but its not for me, zones, mobs and lore are all different.

Been playing Aion the last couple of days (once I get through the queue) and its been a blast, good community and grouping set up.
    I've found a copy of the game and have been playing.
    What server were you on?
    I'm on The Hidden Forest. Didn't know it was so customized when i joined.
    I haven't found the zones totally different tho.
    Nor mobs and lore, so i don't know what your experiences are there.
    But yeah of course, emtpy zones. I am mostly the only one in the zone.
    They've enabled the creation of bots to assist. You can create your own. I've got one that tanks for me.
    Also, on this server, they've customized the drops and xp for particualar zones like Crushbone. Orcs drop high level items (no trade ones).
    At first i was struggling as i had basically no armour for 10 levels, since there is no market out there. But now i've found that where you can easily get uber loot. I think they've designed this in so you can kit your character quickly and quickly level up. Obviously they have raiding in mind.

But i'm sorta feeling like it's taken some of the enjoyment out.
    I actually was starting a couple quests to get xp and items but all of a sudden those quests are now pointless.

So i'll probably look for a different server to try.
    PEQ The Grand Creation sounds like it might be better, it's supposed to be vanilla EQ but with 1.5% exp mod.

Advertisement