Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Wing Sauce

Options
  • 24-09-2009 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a sauce for chicken wings. I had some last night in the Thunder Road Cafe and it was delish. If anyone knows of one that would be exactly like that I would be delighted. I look forward to seeing your replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Best bet is Franks hot wing sauce...just google it. Tecso stopped selling it latly, but you can still get it in Dunnes etc...best stuff EVER !! :D

see here..

http://wwww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055623175

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Pa the Blah

Yup Franks is the one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Spar are stocking franks hot sauce at the minute, get it before its all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

Jaysoose wrote: »

thanks for that. It really does seem to be the winner from the threads I was reading from the link above.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭otron

+1 on franks hot sauce.

Apparently franks wing sauce isn't as good on wings as franks hot sauce... Ironically.

• Advertisement

Jaysoose wrote: »

Went to Eurospar last night but they didn't have it!! I bought Reggae Reggae sauce. Anyone know if that's any use. I haven't tried it yet.

Yea, but i dont think much of it...defo not worth the hype !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Elephant & Castle nuff said

Hootanany wrote: »

Yep, just close the thread now !!!:)

Hootanany wrote: »

Do they bottle and sell that sauce from Elephant & Castle??

• Advertisement

No, but Franks is as near as your going to get to it! Jees i love Franks, I even put it on salads and toast :D toast, franks and pepper hmmmmmm

For the record - Franks Hot Sauce IS what they use in Elephant and Castle and all those other places with quality wings (Harbourmaster, Tribeca etc)

I can't find this anywhere... Please someone tell me where is the handiest place to buy it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Let us know where in the country you are and some kind soul may point you in the right direction.

My most recent purchase of franks hot sauce was in Tesco in Dundrum shopping centre. It's not always available so you need to keep an eye out. I've also heard of it sold in Fallon & Byrne and Fresh ... in Dublin of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fender69

Guys,
    Franks has been listed by all but the smallest Dunnes Stores.
    It has also been taken on by Superquinn.
    Musgraves (Supervalue & Centra group) buy it into stores at local level (its not a head office agreed line, but if enough of us ask the question.!!!)
    Tesco dont carry it anymore since they moved a lot of their purchasing back to the UK :-(
    Spar and Londis also buy on a store by store basis.
    Finally Musgrave Cash and Carry outlets stock the 3.7L versions!
    Hope this helps other fans like myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jblennon101

they stock in most superquinns and tesco

Advertisement