Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hacked account!!

Options
  • 24-09-2009 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Hi,

my usual account on here is "Neverwhere"

Fairly certain I know who has done this, but I woke up this morning to my boards account, my msn, 2 seperate email accounts etc (basically every account this person saw me use) inaccessible because the passwords have been changed.

Firstly, I would like to notify in case of spamming.

Secondly, I would like to know if I can reclaim my hacked account.

Thirdly, is there anyway you could see an IP address for the hacked account?

thanks!

lauren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Doesn't look like there's any spamming going on, but this:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62218934
    was the last post on the neverwhere account.

You will basically have to prove some form of ownership of the account. Have you regained access to your MSN?

I can see an IP for the hacked account, but I can't give it to you. It's of no use anyway because it's probably yours. I can't see what IP the person who changed the password came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

oh my god i am actually going to ****ing kill the son of a bitch.

No, all email/msn etc accounts have been hacked. The personal details have been changed so that I cannot retrieve a password AND the alternate email hotmail could send the password to has also been hacked.

My only hope in hell of retrieving what I need from those accounts is by somehow getting in touch with the helpdesk. But honestly i'm sure MSN has better things to be doing that fixing my accounts, even ifthey got back to me in this century they would probably tell me the same thing as yourself, huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

ok. might be getting some help in proving I am who I say I am. I don't know how any of this works, but if I can is there a possibility of you seeing what the password is now? (Like i said, i honestly don't know how these things work!)

If so, it would be great to get it in case the same password was used for my email.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Short answer to that is no 'mafraid, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The long answer is also no, there is no way of seeing your password.

• Advertisement
Advertisement