Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much to charge

• 24-09-2009 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭

just got a phone call from an ad agency who want to use a pic of mine for a half page ad in both the times and the independant tomorrow. I need to ring them immediately to let them know...how much should I charge ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

€500? €250? How much do you think it's worth? Pick a number and add 50. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I have no idea, but congratulations :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Are they going to re run it again? Whatever you charge, charge per use...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Find out the conditions before anything, is it just a once off they want it for? It's just for print in those two editions? Etc, etc.

Then go check out stock photo prices, and match those. If you're cheeky moneywise, they might just tell you to feic off or give you the money and not come back to you again. A reasonable, realistic, competitive offer based on what else is going, and you might find they'll be coming back to you.

Congrats :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I wonder what the AD campaign is for, I'm curious now!
    Well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

ah crap...they just rang me and they've decided to use a B&W pic from the client's own library (or rather the client did). The ad will be in tomorrow's Times and Independent, half pages both apparently.

This was the pic they wanted, so you can pretty much guess who the client was :D

For future reference, there is a very handy price calculator on alamy, that allows you to select usage, size etc etc and gives you a price.
    Interestingly enough, there are 10 views of this pic on Flickr today, which is a lot given it's been there 2 years...

thanks for the replies all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

no access to the photo

You can always get back in contact and see if the clients would like to buy the image for their libraries for future use... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

paul

the flickr links to a private page so cant get to see it

It's a pic of the Ulster Bank buildings on the Quays in Dublin :)

• Advertisement

sorry...flickr linking idiocy on my part...

1193011154_2907ef5927.jpg

Fajitas! wrote: »
    You can always get back in contact and see if the clients would like to buy the image for their libraries for future use... :)

I was actually thinking of that a while back :pac:

Then get ringing! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Paul - saw the add, they should definitly have gone with yours - the b & w looks flat - yours would have had more of a punch and worked better IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Excellent pic, love it.

Good idea to see if they would like to consider it for their image library.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

How did the ad agency get your number and how did they discover your image? Excellent btw.

They used this pic:
    3952203499_1dcd010d00.jpg

which is, as Baz says, very flat in B&W...

@Kintarō; Hattori - I think the image was found through Flickr, as there was unusual activity there yesterday, searches an what not. They eventually got my number through a friend who runs a web design business

Advertisement