Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For sale: Carbon frame 54cm

• 24-09-2009 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hello there.
    This is my first post on Boards (or anywhere to be honest)and a friend recommended I try sell my Paganini carbon road frame through it. I'll keep it short as I dont have all day to type or bore you with an essay.
    It consists of frame& forks, Campag front hanger, BBB alu s/post and BBB oversized (31.8) carbon stem length 110mm. As you can see (hopefully) there's plenty of carbon steerer if you need to cut down.
    Its 2& bit years old - I bought it as f&f from my LBS to do a new build. I'm selling now as I've upgraded to a new carbon frame recently & I want to either put the proceeds towards an mtb for winter ploughing around or, god forbid, bits for around the gaff.
    Asking is €650. Condition - perfect. Would suit 5'8" to 5'11". I'm 5' 8" myself.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

If you have photos, could you attach them?

If you click 'post reply' and then scroll down, you can see there's an option to attach files underneath the text input box.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kellyoncobbles

Hopefully, here goes. Thought I had them the last time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

nice.Would you accept monthly installments.:(

Certainly! How about 600 this month - and 50 in october?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paddyduc

I'll start the bidding at €400.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

In next at €450 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Hi lads.

Thanks for the bids. Not the amount that i'm hoping for. Honestly, i cant give this frame away - its mint.
    Anyone that has pm'd me sorry - i cant use gmail in work so i had to use my work email to set up this account. I have no access to it here at home & cant reply to you. I'll be back in work tuesday & will get to any q's you have.
    Keep scraping that money together....:o

just got one on flea bay. I'm out.

• Advertisement

Its still for sale, friends.
    I'll even drop the price to €625. :)

Hello there.
    I'm posting this ad above again, now that 'spring' is almost upon us & someone might be interested in a a quality carbon frame for the season ahead. Asking is €600. Feel free to ask q's.
    Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Trevor E

Offer 400€

Make it €500 & we'll have a chat. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Trevor E

Sorry I don t think I can go any higher and here is why.

Its a brand I know nothing about and I can t find any information about it on the internet. If I was going to spend any more I could go to that cycle shop on the queys and they half at least 2 fully carbon frames brand new reduced to what your asking for yours.

Fair enough so. I cant make you buy it if you dont know anything about it. For the record, I bought it off my local bike fella who I've known for over 20 years. He got it for me through Humphries cycles in Finglas.
    He's a bit of a straight talker when it comes to bikes - he wouldn't sell me an unknown piece of kit unless he was pretty confident in it.
    That spiel aside, I've never had one seconds problem on it. I only changed cos I felt it was a bit too big for my little legs. I stand 100% behind it.
    I wont be offended if you're not interested. Cant go lower than €500 though, sorry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Trevor E wrote: »
    Sorry I don t think I can go any higher and here is why.

Its a brand I know nothing about and I can t find any information about it on the internet. If I was going to spend any more I could go to that cycle shop on the queys and they half at least 2 fully carbon frames brand new reduced to what your asking for yours.

Paganini are a long established and respected Italian frame manafacturer. Can't believe you've never heard of them.

At least 3 guys in my club ride them and they seem excellent.

Cheers RobFowl.;)
    I forgot so say in the last post that I sometimes saw steel framed Pags around the time I was racing as a chap 20 years ago - so the name is long established. They were a bit of a 'oooh a Paganini' around the place - a bit like Tommasini (one m or two? - lovely bike either way). I suppose both were the poor mans Colnago. I couldn't even afford the other two, heheh.
    I suppose when the world was embracing alu & on to carbon, Paganini might have lagged behind. A mate got back into cycling the same time I did in 2004 & bought an alu frame/carbon fork Pag in Wheelworx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭wpd

Hi
    its been a while is frame still for sale?

Hi there.
    At this moment, its sold. A friend got a buyer for me - this chap said he's taking it but wont have the cash until late this week or early next. I'm giving him the benefit that he's definitely taking it. At the risk of sounding cheeky, if the sale falls through I'll give you a shout. If you're still interested then we'll have a chat.

Thanks for enquiring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭wpd

ok thanks

Advertisement