Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Give with one hand - take with the other!!

• 24-09-2009 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

I've used the Dublin bike scheme a few times now and, other that looking ridiculous ( my 6'3 frame perched on an ugly girls bike) it's brilliant.

I also downloaded an iPhone app developed by a Dublin crowd that shows me on google maps where my nearest station is, how many bikes are there and how many spaces there are. Again, brilliant.

So imagine my disapointment/anger/frustration last night when I read that jc decaux (big French advertising crowd and operator of Dublin bike scheme) ordered them to take the app down or they would start legal proceedings!!!!!

Why?

1. It's a great app
    2. The guys were using it as an opportunity to showcase their skills. The economic climate is crappy enough and these guys were just trying to Market themselves whilst producing a really useful service
    3. From jc decaux this is real 'cut your nose off despite your face' stuff - madness!!

anyone fancy starting a petition to get the guys and their app reinstated?

NB - also posted in After Hours but thought it might be of interest here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭scottyboy1973

New Facebook group now available at

http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit.php?success=1&customize&gid=142982216388#/group.php?gid=142982216388

Become a fan, add your comments and let's show our french advertising friends what we think of them throwing their weight around in Dublin!

And on Arthur's Day of all days!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

lol thought that the reason would be that the company was charging for it but if it was free, why the hell issue a take down notice on something that brings you free business?

Maybe they are planning on releasing their own pay for app since its proving popular. Couldn't you just make a java app that works with any phone?

Actually list of stations is on their website on a google maps thing.

Also there is a PDF you could probably download and copy to your phone as an image.

Advertisement