Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedy Slot ?

• 24-09-2009 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I posted before about including some comedy during a gig I was running, one thing and another the notice period wasnt long enough for people who considered doing it. Im also considering running a regular acoustic/comedy session but thats for another day...

Anyway, long story short, I run Gigs for bands in Dublin through a website called Gigsmart Ireland ... I will preface by saying our set up isnt for everyone...we run as a co operative, and generally make enough money to keep our books in order and stay legit...we charge minimum entry fee and no one really makes squat.:D

We are having our Hallowe'en fancy dress gig on the 29th Oct in the Button Factory and thought Id offer someone an opportunity to stretch their legs?. Its a non paying gig but gives someone an opportunity to try material out on a friendly crowd, that, lets face it will be dressed up and tanked up :D:D to the eye balls as is the case for all our gigs.

Im thinking 15 minutes of material would be suitable .... delivered in between acts if ya get me.... a kinda of MC role. I dunno if thats too ambitious, maybe a straight forward 15 mins is the way to go?

Anyway if your interested PM me or you can find me anytime here....http://www.gigsmartireland.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

Trev

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Wow , enthusiasm I should spend more time here :eek: Sincerely thanks for the messages I appreciate people being enthusiastic!

Without jumping the gun I think there might be an opportunity to be developed that would work out well

Im just finishing up eh....work....but will reply to people individually Im not ignoring people who have replied... as I said Im all about the bit of fun and getting heads together, Ive also asked the photo foruim heads if they wanna jump in .... kinda cool to merge lots of talent pools if ya get me?

Thanks again , and if other people think they would like to maybe do a collaborative music / comedy thing Id be delighted to work on it!:D We probably wont make a huge pil of dough but it could be a bit of craic and open some doors or whatever?

At this stage I think Ive managed at least one reply to everyone....if Ive missed anyone please shout. While I cant squeeze everyone in for this particular show Im really eager to put something else together?.

As I said to some lads my experience is just local level music and I dont really have any experience promoting comedy. I think its important to point that out.Anyway I'll give anything a go, and Id be interesed in peoples views on the hybrid music / comedy show.

I went for the MC angle for this show as I think it will have a flow to it.If I was to set up another gig do people think

music / stand up / music / stand up

or

stand up / stand up / music / music

would work best?

Another thought is the Button Factory seems very appealling to prospective acts....with GigSmart we have a pretty regular gig going audience , I dunno how we'd do with just a comedy night but I'll have a look. The BF is a pretty expensive venue to run...but a great place to film a set / video for acts so we'll see what happens , there are other less financially risky venues available.

Look forward to peoples input...maybe we can put something together. I must stress at this point that in terms of financial gain.... its not my primary driver so just to throw that out there too.

Trev

So it looks like we have enough acts for another comedy / music night to be organised to include those who volunteered , I'll PM everyone with details of a night and we can work together .... in the mean time if anyone else is interested in getting involved feel free to drop a line .....

Here's the flyer for the next Gig have to add Scien as the Special Guest MC :D anyway cheers to everyone for all the messages and enthusiasm and ofers of help.
    3958942382_a8e71d835e.jpg

Advertisement