Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best photos you'll see... between 16:34 & 16:35 today

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

They are all right. As for the best photos you'll see all year? I think you must be on drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i've put my foot down (but not mentioned it to anybody), that this is the best image i've seen in 2009. Its fantastic!

3848844316_57be3b8d4a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

FX Meister wrote: »
    They are all right. As for the best photos you'll see all year? I think you must be on drugs.

No drugs.. they really are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If they're the best photos I'll see all year, then I've lost a lot of hope for photography :(

Also, since when do all threads with links have to go into the off topic thread? Isn't the link itself the topic?

Baffling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

For what its worth I think some of em are very cool indeed cheers for posting em;)

Fajitas! wrote: »
    If they're the best photos I'll see all year, then I've lost a lot of hope for photography :(

Also, since when do all threads with links have to go into the off topic thread? Isn't the link itself the topic?

Baffling.

There have been alot of threads moved in there recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Looking at those pics there Tallon, it got me thinking, we should have something like that on the front of our Charity Photo Book (for SSF), ie. maybe with the boards.ie logo in lights, which I've seen some people post up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Tallon wrote: »
    Any mods clarify if that's the rule? Or is it just when it suits/dosn't suit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I don't like that type of Photo Tallon.

• Advertisement

I don't like that type of Photo Tallon.

Are they good though?

I don't know... :o
    If I'm not into something most times I'm meh..
    Same with the gig thread opportunity...because it's generic (bands, lighting) it means ditto to me.

What let's them down is that there is too many of the same genre/style, it diminishes/dilutes the actual quality IMO.

Changed the thread title to be more fitting for people :)

/relax now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Tallon wrote: »
    Fajitas! wrote: »
    Any mods clarify if that's the rule? Or is it just when it suits/dosn't suit?

No, this one actually is completely on topic by my reading of it. It shows photographs and discussion ensue's. No problem here

The OOF / Off topic thread is for people to discuss things that are, well, off topic - the topic being photography. So, intended for non photography stuff - you could post the lisbon treaty in there, the meaning of life, random thought of the day, whether Dev was a fan of Collins (no, not Tom Dev). In reality it's a little dumping ground that people use to drop stuff they find/pick up across the web. Some witty, some serious, some bizarre. Some in the posters opinion that just don't deserve a thread to themselves which is why we tend to get lots of incidental photography threads in there.

In terms of a lot being moved in - the reason for this is principally that a forum user may take exception to a thread being on the main forum. If such a post is reported, the moderators look at it and decide there and then if something is completely off topic - if so, we would chuck it into the OOF/off topic thread. To be honest very few threads are but it does happen occasionally.

Alternatively what can happen is a thread gets reported along the lines of "this thread is off topic now do yer freakin jobs!" (i'm paraphrasing lots of reported posts into the previous sentiment). Eitherways, rarely is there a "do you think this thread may be off topic" reported post. Technically, the reported thread may be off topic but perhaps the whole forum is cracking up on the fun of it (for example the pcphoto / thug gets hit by barrier thread) or someone's had a new baby (Thanks Fenster).

Even though we've been poked by the reported post function, as moderators we can be a bit stubborn if other users of the forum appear to be diggin the thread in question and may let the thread run its course. Then after a few days / thread running into page two of the appreciation priority scale, we'll probably shift it over then.

In the meantime we've probably a mega discussion going on behind the scenes with the offended user about the threads very presence and how they may be right and we may be wrong (don't worry - goes with the job / been there - done that -will do it again).

Your forum moderators approach is generally to allow latitude so long as the forum user base is diggin whatever it is being discussed. Its not an exact science and i'm sure we make mistakes (possibly many). How and ever, there you have it.

So in summary, anything that is non photography will either go in there immediately or after a thread has run its course on the main forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Fantastic looking pictures Tallon...thanks for the share

Advertisement