Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alexandra Burke

Options
  • 24-09-2009 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Alexandra Burke has claimed that she avoided including too many ballads on her upcoming album Overcome.
    The X Factor winner, who releases the record on October 19, admitted that she was eager to create a good balance on her debut offering.
    "We are trying to get a mix between some good ballads, mid and very uptempos, but mainly the uptempos because I love to dance," she told Attitude.
    "I said to them if it's going to be a ballad that you're choosing for the album, I want it to make it to make me cry.
    "It needs to mean so much to me to the point where I wanna cry when I'm singing it - and if it's an uptempo track I wanna be going crazy on stage."
    The singer, who recorded much of the album in Los Angeles, revealed that she is hoping the record will be released in the States next year.
    "[Record label] Syco wanted to do it at the same time but that's not realistic as I can't be in two places at one time," she said.
    "I think the American release will be next year at some point but it's not been confirmed yet. My manager Richard is out there at the moment talking to the American label and a lot of the people I'm working with are Beyoncé's people."

Burke releases new single Bad Boys featuring Flo Rida is on October 12

video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li_nzTVYpk8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

The only thing good about that is the car in the video. I didn't make it past 42 seconds so not sure if she got through to the AA boys or was stuck there the whole time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

i perfer her to leona lewis plus shes much pretier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

She's a good singer, but I still think JLS should have won the X Factor. :)

I was wondering when she'd be releasing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 coldmanilk

Catchy song!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

seems like another nicole scherzinger rip-off

• Advertisement

seems like another nicole scherzinger rip-off

who ripped her off the first time? I didn't think anybody would want to emulate poor nicole.

coldmanilk wrote: »
    who ripped her off the first time? I didn't think anybody would want to emulate poor nicole.
    Keri Hilson,Estelle.who wouldn't want to emulate her,shes loaded

Keri Hilson,Estelle.who wouldn't want to emulate her,shes loaded

I really don't think anyone wants to emulate Nicole. She's like a very poor man's Beyoncé. Average voice, no real charisma on stage and tacky to boot.

The money aspect doesn't really mean anything, Jordan is loaded too!

Anyways I think Alex would do well not to try to be like her. She has a better voice anyways which is a start.

well we will see whos name we will hear about in a years time,in reality none of them x-factor winners last more than a year or two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Alexandra Burke has beaten Robbie Williams to the top of the UK singles chart.
    'Bad Boys', her collaboration with US rapper Flo Rida, sold 187,100 copies last week to become the fastest-selling single of the year so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Disappointing album...too many genres, made even more tragic by the fact that she excels in certain areas but when you just want to hear more she hops back into dancy upbeat numbers that she's just well out of her depth in. Here's hoping some lessons will be learned should a second album happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

coldmanilk wrote: »
    Cheryl Cole has been trying copy Nicole Scherzinger for quite a while now. Ever since that video she did with Will I Am, Heartbreaker i think was the name of it. The whole hoody over the head, and bling stuff hanging from her neck, its a total rip off. Even the way she dances in that video is styled on Nicole. Ditto with her new song. No originality at all. She is a total fake and should have stayed put in her council house.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Jason2379

Cheryl Cole and Alexandra Burke need to go! Somewhere away, very far away where we don't have to listen to their music ever again. :D

Advertisement