Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD2 (Leo)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Pikasso wrote: »
    After about 10 days of my new HD2 (bought on 18th Feb) freezing up on a regular basis it finally gave up the ghost yesterday.

I brought it back into o2 and was told, yes, there was something wrong and it would have to be replaced. Only problem is there are none to be had until early to mid April - worldwide shortage apparently.
    So I was asked if I wanted to wait for a new one (with a cheap replacement meanwhile) or get a completely different phone.

This got me thinking - a lot of complaints about problems with freezing over on the o2 forum - is it possible that this phone has so many problems that it has been pulled until the problems are sorted out?

I loved the look of the phone but eventually it was getting me down. Sense UI does its best to hide the Windows Mobile os but at the end of the day it was still Windows.

After coming from a completely problem free Nokia E71 (2 years) that did everything it was asked to do without complaint I was finding the HD2 a pain in the ass. The constant freezing and other niggly things of the HD2 was getting me down.

So, on impulse I went with the iPhone instead :eek:

I know, I know, but.... it works, with ease. Syncing with iTunes is a breeze, the apps are amazing, etc etc and so far I can find nothing to make me regret my decision.

Yes, I miss the animated weather on the homepage, the huge screen, and the integration with Facebook, but they are only minor regrets.

Using the iPhone (and I have been all day!) is so easy after the HD2. I don't think I realised that the HD2 was really a fancy pocket PC (PDA, Toshiba e830 etc) and not really a smartphone.

I'll give it a year and by then the Desire should cheap enough (if not at least available in this country!!)

Meanwhile - I can't believe I'm saying this - I'm an iPhone owner.
    Off now to the iPhone section of Boards to make new friends :D

I have no issues with the HD2 and has worked perfectly for me since I got it. The HD2 is a smartphone so I don't know where you have got all that from... Looks like you have been brainwashed by apple ;)

The HD2 has never froze on me once. It does everything I want it to and I absolutely adore the phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Hi
    OK lots of searching done and no answers on my issue so time to ask ye experts. I flashed my hd2 to the Energy rom and now when i get an MMS it stats click to view. This i do but nothing happens. Has anybody found this before? if so any fix around?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

no idea BrookieD.
    iwas wondering is there a bing app to be downloaded anywhere?

pabloh999 wrote: »
    no idea BrookieD.
    iwas wondering is there a bing app to be downloaded anywhere?

Try here: http://www.discoverbing.com/mobile/

Sorry Brookie, I can't flash my phone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Hi
    OK i think it was a problem with the Energy Rom. I reflashed with Artemis Rom and all ok. The speed of the HD2 with this rom is just amazing.

• Advertisement

Well after me saying how great it was earlier :( I am now finding even writing text messages very difficult, the keyboard doesn't even seem to respond most of the time, I have to now press hard on the screen to get the keys to work :(:(

Its really putting me off it and the feeling of dread when I have to type on this..

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭spudwiser

has anyone tried firefox mobile alpha on this yet?

Typing has become impossible, going to have to ring O2 today :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

angel01 wrote: »
    Typing has become impossible, going to have to ring O2 today :(:(:(

So sorry to hear that. From your posts it's clear how much you love your HD2.
    Makes you wonder though what is up with these phones?

Word of warning - bring the phone in within 30 days of purchase and they will give you a brand new phone, HD2 or other, otherwise it will be just sent away for repair.

The only problem is, as in my case, they won't have any new ones until the middle of April!

So sorry to hear that. From your posts it's clear how much you love your HD2.
    Makes you wonder though what is up with these phones?

Word of warning - bring the phone in within 30 days of purchase and they will give you a brand new phone, HD2 or other, otherwise it will be just sent away for repair.

The only problem is, as in my case, they won't have any new ones until the middle of April!

I think half the battle is that I don't have any update on my phone, It is actually got to the stage where I can't even get to my text messages on the phone :(

It has passed 30 days :(

edit: I have removed Clean Ram to see if thats the cause, think it is typing better, will keep an eye on it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

I think half the battle is that I don't have any update on my phone, It is actually got to the stage where I can't even get to my text messages on the phone :(

It has passed 30 days :(

edit: I have removed Clean Ram to see if thats the cause, think it is typing better, will keep an eye on it. :)

Funny that, come to think of it, that's when my problems began - after I installed clean ram!!!

While you still have access, back everything up in case they send the phone away and do a hard reset.

Funny that, come to think of it, that's when my problems began - after I installed clean ram!!!

While you still have access, back everything up in case they send the phone away and do a hard reset.

Its like a new phone now :eek::D

I will do that tonight, I think its ok again now. :) Panic over!!

that's strange? I've never had an issue with clean RAM

that's strange? I've never had an issue with clean RAM

It made my phone unworkable :eek: They did do an update last week which may not be stable, did you download the update?

yea I downloaded the update. the only thing that seems a bit slower is when I am replying to a text and it says "tap to type" or somethin, it takes a good while (a few seconds) to respond

yea I downloaded the update. the only thing that seems a bit slower is when I am replying to a text and it says "tap to type" or somethin, it takes a good while (a few seconds) to respond

It was hideously slow for me, so good to have it back to normal, working perfectly now :):D

I am getting fed up and considering updating the rom thing, if you flash it, can you send it back to HTC for a fix or is that a no go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

I am getting fed up and considering updating the rom thing, if you flash it, can you send it back to HTC for a fix or is that a no go :(

If you flash it with an original HTC HD2 rom you can.

AntiVirus wrote: »
    If you flash it with an original HTC HD2 rom you can.

How would I do that because I can't download from the HTC site, are the roms on xda official?

How would I do that because I can't download from the HTC site

If you've entered your serial number and it won't let you download then O2 have blocked their HD2's from getting ROM update from the HTC website. You can of course still get the official roms from XDA which leads to your next question.
    are the roms on xda official?

Some are official and some are not. :)

Here's a link to all the official HTC HD2 roms, from 1.43 up to 2.10 :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=577717

direct link
    http://www.4shared.com/dir/22189940/b8552fa0/Shipped_Leo_ROMs.html

Here's a link to the unofficial rom that I'm using, the Artemis HD2 v7.0 :D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=612580

Just some of the details below:

ROM INFO

-HTC Manila: 2.5.20121412.1 (LEO 2.10)

Applications for ALL versions
    ALL Stock ROM Applications PLUS:
    (-) Co-Pilot

(+).NET Compact Framework 3.5.
    (+) Java Jblend ver 5.1
    (+) NoData connection.
    (+) X2 TaskManager
    (+) Office Mobile 10 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint)
    (+) Opera 9.7 (build 35964)
    (+) Reset App.
    (+) Google Maps Mobile v4.0
    (+) "Documents Tab"
    (+) HTC Voice-Recorder v2
    (+) QuickGPS v2.0
    (+) MS Facebook v1.1.17
    (+) MS My Phone v1.5.2410
    (+) HTC Flashlight (No demo at start-up)
    (+) Threaded Messaging, with App to switch between Threaded/Classic layout
    (+) All WM 6.5.5 Themes (total 6)
    (+) HTC Black Theme for WM 6.5.x
    (+) Artemis Green Black WM 6.5.x Theme v1
    (+) Artemis Center

• Advertisement

If you've entered your serial number and it won't let you download then O2 have blocked their HD2's from getting ROM update from the HTC website. You can of course still get the official roms from XDA which leads to your next question.

Some are official and some are not. :)

Here's a link to all the official HTC HD2 roms, from 1.43 up to 2.10 :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=577717

direct link
    http://www.4shared.com/dir/22189940/b8552fa0/Shipped_Leo_ROMs.html

Here's a link to the unofficial rom that I'm using, the Artemis HD2 v7.0 :D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=612580

Just some of the details below:

ROM INFO

-HTC Manila: 2.5.20121412.1 (LEO 2.10)

Applications for ALL versions
    ALL Stock ROM Applications PLUS:
    (-) Co-Pilot

(+).NET Compact Framework 3.5.
    (+) Java Jblend ver 5.1
    (+) NoData connection.
    (+) X2 TaskManager
    (+) Office Mobile 10 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint)
    (+) Opera 9.7 (build 35964)
    (+) Reset App.
    (+) Google Maps Mobile v4.0
    (+) "Documents Tab"
    (+) HTC Voice-Recorder v2
    (+) QuickGPS v2.0
    (+) MS Facebook v1.1.17
    (+) MS My Phone v1.5.2410
    (+) HTC Flashlight (No demo at start-up)
    (+) Threaded Messaging, with App to switch between Threaded/Classic layout
    (+) All WM 6.5.5 Themes (total 6)
    (+) HTC Black Theme for WM 6.5.x
    (+) Artemis Green Black WM 6.5.x Theme v1
    (+) Artemis Center

Thank you, I think I will look at the official ones only :) I think I will wait till my boyfriend is around, in case I mess it up :eek:

Yeah I can't download directly, O2 seem to have put a block on them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Still waiting on my order for a couple of these bad boys. Two weeks and counting now and if O2 dont pull their finger out I might just see if vodafone want a business account as I think they are launch the HD2's and Desire's soon.

But the question I would have is why the frack would a network operator block offical upgrades from HTC? Can we please not go back to the days when you got your phone as it came from the factory without having the network screw with them. Even the whole locking the phone to a network is beyond me, they have contracts in place to stop people getting a cheap handset and moving on leaving the network at a loss.

Also do you get the free sd card with the O2 boxed HD2's?

kayos wrote: »
    Still waiting on my order for a couple of these bad boys. Two weeks and counting now and if O2 dont pull their finger out I might just see if vodafone want a business account as I think they are launch the HD2's and Desire's soon.

But the question I would have is why the frack would a network operator block offical upgrades from HTC? Can we please not go back to the days when you got your phone as it came from the factory without having the network screw with them. Even the whole locking the phone to a network is beyond me, they have contracts in place to stop people getting a cheap handset and moving on leaving the network at a loss.

Also do you get the free sd card with the O2 boxed HD2's?

Yes you get a free SD card with the O2 versions.

I know, it is absolutely ridiculous, we cannot download from the HTC site. We should be allowed download official updates, its why I really dislike O2. :mad:

Couldn't agree with you more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Yes you get a free SD card with the O2 versions.

I know, it is absolutely ridiculous, we cannot download from the HTC site. We should be allowed download official updates, its why I really dislike O2. :mad:

Couldn't agree with you more.

I currently run a TyTN II on 3 and had no problems getting to the offical HTC downloads. It just doesnt sit well that while HTC might address a bug/issue on the handset we would be prevented from getting access due to the network.

Thats like buying a car from a dealer and they have placed a lock on your bonnet to which they only have the key and force you to only let them service your car.

Its things like this that just put me off the whole apple hype as well. Battery gone in your new fancy iPad? Send the whole unit along with all your data to Apple.

But the question I would have is why the frack would a network operator block offical upgrades from HTC?

The only reason I can think is if o2 where shipping free music/movies/games/apps with there roms but they aren't so I'd like to know o2's reason for this as well.

I'm with o2 but I own my phone so I can get my official updates from HTC. It's not like o2 ship free games with their rom's or free apps. :pac:

I currently run a TyTN II on 3 and had no problems getting to the offical HTC downloads. It just doesnt sit well that while HTC might address a bug/issue on the handset we would be prevented from getting access due to the network.

Thats like buying a car from a dealer and they have placed a lock on your bonnet to which they only have the key and force you to only let them service your car.

Its things like this that just put me off the whole apple hype as well. Battery gone in your new fancy iPad? Send the whole unit along with all your data to Apple.

If you try and download the update from HTC, it tells me you are not allowed download this update. It is an absolute joke.

The only reason I can think is if o2 where shipping free music/movies/games/apps with there roms but they aren't so I'd like to know o2's reason for this as well.

I'm with o2 but I own my phone so I can get my official updates from HTC. It's not like o2 ship free games with their rom's or free apps. :pac:

How much did the phone cost you?

How much did the phone cost you?

It didn't cost me anything :) my girlfriend bought it for me last November! :D

It didn't cost me anything :) my girlfriend bought it for me last November! :D

Did she buy it from an online site? I could have never afforded it sim free.

• Advertisement

Here's an example of what I was talking about, the HD2 has just been released in the US with T-Mobile and they give you alot of extra's with it.

"The long awaited, much anticipated T-Mobile HD2 is now available for purchase. You can see it and order it on T-Mobile's site now! It'll cost you $199.99 with a 2 year contract and $50/mo (or higher) rate plan. Or you can get it for $449.99 without a contract. The phone comes with a lot of great features and add-ons like Barnes & Noble eReader, Transformers 1 & 2, Blockbuster Movies on Demand, MobiTV (1 month free), Guitar Hero, Gogo Inflight Internet (6 months free), Swype, and Voice Command. "

http://pocketnow.com/deals/t-mobiles-hd2-is-here

Advertisement