Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD2 (Leo)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

angel01 wrote: »
    Did she buy it from an online site? I could have never afforded it sim free.

She did, she got it from a UK website.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭spudwiser

Did she buy it from an online site? I could have never afforded it sim free.

i got mine for 400e on ebay sim free & unlocked. Not sure whether i got a good deal or not

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭spudwiser

i was wondering if anyone could help me set up my wifi

have fellowed these instructions:

Ensure your HD2 cable is not connected to any PC via the cable
    You will need to remove any previous router settings and start from scratch.
    Tab:-
    Start > steetings> Menu (in bottom RHS corner) > All settings (pop up)>connections (app)> Wi-Fi (app) Wireless networks

The network you are connected to should display in a list of all available
    Tab menu >remove settings.
    Tab through to Finish
    Now you are back to scratch
    Get Back to Your Wi Fi app and hit wireless stettings again

All available wireless networks will display with yours (if available).
    Then tap on your network and the network name will display
    Tap >next (bottom RHS)
    The security setting page will display
    Enter "Authentication type" (usually open)
    Untick the "The Key Is authomatically provided"
    Enter your router "Network Key" (or WEP code)
    Press next then finished

it tries for ages to connect the chages to unavailable

any help would be greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Does anyone know how to alter the sensitivity of the screen, for instance during a call, I accidently hit keys :(

spudwiser wrote: »
    i was wondering if anyone could help me set up my wifi

have fellowed these instructions:

Ensure your HD2 cable is not connected to any PC via the cable
    You will need to remove any previous router settings and start from scratch.
    Tab:-
    Start > steetings> Menu (in bottom RHS corner) > All settings (pop up)>connections (app)> Wi-Fi (app) Wireless networks

The network you are connected to should display in a list of all available
    Tab menu >remove settings.
    Tab through to Finish
    Now you are back to scratch
    Get Back to Your Wi Fi app and hit wireless stettings again

All available wireless networks will display with yours (if available).
    Then tap on your network and the network name will display
    Tap >next (bottom RHS)
    The security setting page will display
    Enter "Authentication type" (usually open)
    Untick the "The Key Is authomatically provided"
    Enter your router "Network Key" (or WEP code)
    Press next then finished

it tries for ages to connect the chages to unavailable

any help would be greatly appreciated

Just go to your settings tab and select "wireless controls", press "Wi-Fi" not the On/off button, select your wifi network from the list and enter your nextwork key.

If you can see your network in the list but can't connect try turning off your wifi security and try to connect again. Remember to turn your security back on! :D

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how to alter the sensitivity of the screen, for instance during a call, I accidently hit keys :(

I've never had that problem! :D

but you can install a program called BsB Tweaks and turn the Screen Sensitivity option on. You can find it in the marketplace thats, OpnMarket or Omarket.

AntiVirus wrote: »
    I've never had that problem! :D

but you can install a program called BsB Tweaks and turn the Screen Sensitivity option on. You can find it in the marketplace thats, OpnMarket or Omarket.

I have downloaded an app which has worked wonders! :D

I had downloaded Klaxon from Omarket and it was working fine but today the timechange screwed the alarm clock up and it didn't go off till an hour later :( even though it was set at the normal time.

I think I will have to look for a better alarm program :(:(

anyone have any issues signing in to Marketplace?

Working fine for me.

• Advertisement

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Working fine for me.

Just tried again, I swear it never works for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

Looks like we'll be getting WM7 as expected, it's pretty impressive that they've managed to put it on the phone so early. It's slow and a bit non responsive but it's early days yet. http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/28/htc-hd2-gets-early-windows-phone-7-os-port-could-be-released-be/ I'll probably stick to 6.5 as it's so customisable. It looks very locked down on WM7, still I will install it when it's up on XDA to see what it's like.
    Just tried again, I swear it never works for me :(

Could you go to mp.windowsphone.com and download the latest version of marketplace from there? Is it that the app won't load or that you can't sign in to it? Are you using a windows live email address? I signed in to it just now, it took a few goes though, it was saying that it was unable to connect but I hit retry and it worked the third time. I'm having doubts about whether the WM7 videos are real, the xda guys are making some good points about it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=653836&page=33

MrSparkle wrote: »
    Looks like we'll be getting WM7 as expected, it's pretty impressive that they've managed to put it on the phone so early. It's slow and a bit non responsive but it's early days yet. http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/28/htc-hd2-gets-early-windows-phone-7-os-port-could-be-released-be/ I'll probably stick to 6.5 as it's so customisable. It looks very locked down on WM7, still I will install it when it's up on XDA to see what it's like.

Could you go to mp.windowsphone.com and download the latest version of marketplace from there? Is it that the app won't load or that you can't sign in to it? Are you using a windows live email address? I signed in to it just now, it took a few goes though, it was saying that it was unable to connect but I hit retry and it worked the third time. I'm having doubts about whether the WM7 videos are real, the xda guys are making some good points about it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=653836&page=33

I can get to it but I cant sign in, using a hotmail.co.uk address :(

MrSparkle wrote: »

Looks very slow. Looks like its the windows mobile 7 emulator running on a PC and then connected to using the remote desktop connection program on the HD2. There's nothing new in the video, if it was real and they wanted to prove it all they need to do is show it booting up. Where's the singal bars? ;)

I've no doubt that windows mobile 7 will be ported but that doesn't look like it to me.

Day 2.. alarm doesn't go off yet again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Anyone know if there is an app or a "trick" to freeing up some space of unwanted files from storage memory. I run cleanram to free up some RAM memory, but I have found nothing to help me get rid of unwanted clutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

pabloh999 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is an app or a "trick" to freeing up some space of unwanted files from storage memory. I run cleanram to free up some RAM memory, but I have found nothing to help me get rid of unwanted clutter.

Have you installed the following app killer?

http://www.androidtapp.com/advanced-task-killer

Thanks for that but I just use task manager to kill programmes, its the same thing? What I'm looking for is something to free up disk space.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

What ROM and Radio are people using on the HD2 at the moment? Is there anyplace on XDA forums to get an overview of what the latest ROM version are and what they offer - it seems pretty hard to keep up with the latest developments as there's a load of threads in the ROM forum?

I'm using Artemis 4.0 (2.09.531.4) and radio 2.08.50.05. I'm getting dropped calls and having really poor battery life so I reckon it may be an issue with the radio ROM I installed - what radio is working well for anyone on here?

I like the Artemis ROM overall, but to be honest never use the eReader and rarely use the Recent Documents feature, so could do without it I suppose. Main must-have mod is the Cookie Home Page editor. Half thinking of just going back to the stock ROMs but want to understand how other people are getting on and what alternative ideal ROMs might be. Loving the phone overall though it has to be said!

Is there a way to backup details/installed apps so that after you've flashed to a new ROM you can just restore that backup and not need to reconfigure/reinstall everything manually?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jiggs

What ROM and Radio are people using on the HD2 at the moment? Is there anyplace on XDA forums to get an overview of what the latest ROM version are and what they offer - it seems pretty hard to keep up with the latest developments as there's a load of threads in the ROM forum?

I'm using Artemis 4.0 (2.09.531.4) and radio 2.08.50.05. I'm getting dropped calls and having really poor battery life so I reckon it may be an issue with the radio ROM I installed - what radio is working well for anyone on here?

I like the Artemis ROM overall, but to be honest never use the eReader and rarely use the Recent Documents feature, so could do without it I suppose. Main must-have mod is the Cookie Home Page editor. Half thinking of just going back to the stock ROMs but want to understand how other people are getting on and what alternative ideal ROMs might be. Loving the phone overall though it has to be said!

Is there a way to backup details/installed apps so that after you've flashed to a new ROM you can just restore that backup and not need to reconfigure/reinstall everything manually?

I'm using Artemis v8.0 now with radio 2.09.51.03 and am very happy with stability and battery life. Reception is good too and I get a GPS fix in seconds. I did that Task 29 thing before moving to the latest Artemis which has made it extremely stable.

XDA doesn't have a ROM overview thread, but from looking around, I like Artemis the best, as its quite close to stock, but more optimized and with the latest stuff (however, I did reinstall Opera 9.7 onto Artemis v8.0 as I don't really like Opera 10). I just disable the tabs I don't use in Sense (footprints, stocks, etc).

I like to update my ROM every so often, so the whole reinstalling everything thing can be a bit of a pain.
    What I do is have all the cabs for everything I install in one folder on the storage card, and I just go through them all after the ROM is installed.
    I have SPB Backup which backs up my phone to my storage card every night. I use that to restore the start menu folder only, because I have it organised nicely.
    I have my Cookie's Home Tab and G-Alarm settings exported, so getting those back is very easy.
    For set up, all I really do is configure active sync to get my contacts, emails and calendar from google exchange, and my SMS, documents and tasks from Microsoft MyPhone. Then I'm pretty much back to where I was, which takes about an hour or less and without having to connect to the PC (except for the actual ROM flash, but once that's done, I can do it on the move). Not bad once a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

Hi, first time poster!!
    Just wondering if anybody has used Co-Pilot 8 here in Ireland. My current satnav (garmin nuvi) is getting old. I was thinking of updating the maps on it but if Co-Pilot 8 was and good I might give it a go.

I found an app to clear storage memory, "cleartemp" on opnmarket, cleared 30mb first time.

I am actually losing patience, still having issues with marketplace. I did put an official HTC rom on but it still won't work, reckon I will have to reflash again with maybe another ROM, which are the best ones and do you have any links?

Check here for all the ROMs. I'd recommend Artemis v8.0 as I said above.

Here's how to flash these ROMs.

Jiggs wrote: »
    Check here for all the ROMs. I'd recommend Artemis v8.0 as I said above.

Here's how to flash these ROMs.

I have installed that rom above, works really well for me and on the upside, so far so good with marketplace :D:D

The only downside, is I hate that version of IE, previous one was much better :(:( I wish I could turn that damn annoying scrolling bar at the side off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Hey guys (and gals) em... watch out on the open marketplace, there are a few viruses and I got one :( It dials out internationally (woke me up at 5 this morning beeping...) 3d anti terrorist game seems to have the virus http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=650393&page=14

I'm using Artemis v8.0 now with radio 2.09.51.03

Thats the same as me! :D

I've tried a few other ROMS but for me the Artemis roms are the best. :)

obriea3 wrote: »
    Hi, first time poster!!
    Just wondering if anybody has used Co-Pilot 8 here in Ireland. My current satnav (garmin nuvi) is getting old. I was thinking of updating the maps on it but if Co-Pilot 8 was and good I might give it a go.

Co Pilot 8 is great and definitely worth the 35 euros (45 euros for all the European maps) so just google for a few reviews and you see. :)

I have installed that rom above, works really well for me and on the upside, so far so good with marketplace :D:D

The only downside, is I hate that version of IE, previous one was much better :(:( I wish I could turn that damn annoying scrolling bar at the side off :(

I really recommend Opera over IE. Especially 9.7 with pinch to zoom. It also support the system wide favourites. Its faster and renders pages better too.

• Advertisement

I really recommend Opera over IE. Especially 9.7 with pinch to zoom. It also support the system wide favourites. Its faster and renders pages better too.

I just preferred IE over Opera, how would I go about removing Opera 10 and installing the previous one, is there any way of getting the previous version of IE?

I liked tapping twice to zoom, is that what you mean :o

Advertisement