Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD2 (Leo)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

you can tap twice to zoom on opera too, pinch to zoom is like the zoom function seen on the I phone. Opera(the one that comes with the phone) is by far the best browser, ie is muck! Slow and clumsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jiggs

angel01 wrote: »
    I just preferred IE over Opera, how would I go about removing Opera 10 and installing the previous one, is there any way of getting the previous version of IE?

I liked tapping twice to zoom, is that what you mean :o

You can tap to zoom like in IE, but what i meant was smooth zooming by pinching the screen with your thumb and forefinger. This is great for making a column fit the screen perfectly when you want to read it for example.

There's no need to remove Opera 10, just download "Caliban Opera Browser 9.70.35964.cab" here and install it. Then you have both Opera versions. Use 10 to play flash content, such as YouTube, and 9.7 for general browsing (unless you are happy with 10 for general browsing, then there's no need for 9.7, but I just prefer 9.7. 10 does not support pinch to zoom.)

I'm not sure if you can downgrade IE. I've never really used IE on windows mobile, so I don't know what the old version was like. You could try search that XDA forum for an older IE cab if it exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I am really cautious about what I download on to the phone because some app was interfering with the phone and stopping me logging into the marketplace!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

As a fan of the last word with Mat Cooper (today fm) and really impressed with my hd2, I was delighted when I heard that they were doing a segment onsmartphones. However it seemed that my fantastic hd2 was ignored completely!!:mad:

Is this just an anti win mo bias? Or have people just not heard of the fantastic hd2?

I'm not exactly an expert in all smartphones. However I would put my hd2 up against any phone. As for the iPhone, I think the hd2 is miles and miles ahead of it!

Any thoughts?

obriea3 wrote: »
    As a fan of the last word with Mat Cooper (today fm) and really impressed with my hd2, I was delighted when I heard that they were doing a segment onsmartphones. However it seemed that my fantastic hd2 was ignored completely!!:mad:

Is this just an anti win mo bias? Or have people just not heard of the fantastic hd2?

I'm not exactly an expert in all smartphones. However I would put my hd2 up against any phone. As for the iPhone, I think the hd2 is miles and miles ahead of it!

Any thoughts?

I agree with you, I can guarantee if this phone had Android on it, it would be a best seller. I have no issue with win mo and I love the phone.

HD2 is miles ahead of the iphone in every way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Who cares about Mat Cooper? Whats more important is Co0kie's Home Tab Mod 1.7 is out now!!! Start installing it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqOINVb5YNI

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭spudwiser

Are any of you using this for listening to music from a sd card?how does it work?

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Who cares about Mat Cooper? Whats more important is Co0kie's Home Tab Mod 1.7 is out now!!! Start installing it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqOINVb5YNI

ok got my rant out of the way on Mat Cooper!
    Just downloaded the Tab Mod. Wow Wow wow. I really like this. I might not do any work tomorrow playing with it.
    The amount of custimistion is brill!!!

Youtube is acting up for me, what does it exactly do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

Youtube is acting up for me, what does it exactly do?

Read the intro and have a look at the pictures in this link angel, you'll get the idea! :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=625483

• Advertisement

GigaByte wrote: »
    Read the intro and have a look at the pictures in this link angel, you'll get the idea! :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=625483

Thanks, I have only managed to keep my phone running (and without interference to the marketplace) so I don't think I will install it or anything that could cause problems again!

Thanks anyway :)

You should cookies editor a shot! It's completely changed my phone, for the better. If it slows your phone you can always uninstall.

pabloh999 wrote: »
    You should cookies editor a shot! It's completely changed my phone, for the better. If it slows your phone you can always uninstall.

What exactly is a cookies editor?

I know but I have had lots of issues and always makes me go back to installing the rom again so I won't thanks.

Ive bought a netbook running windows 7 starter, now my hd2 wont connect with windows mobile device center.

I originally set up the pc synch(activesync) with an xp device and now it wont connect with the windows 7 device.

The phone is telling me to install activesync , but i cant because i have to install the newer windows mobile device center:confused: WTF
    Any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've moved this thread to the Android forum. Thanks.

The hd2 does not run on android? It uses winmo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

My mistake. I've moved it back. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

can u brick the phone by flashing a new ram into it? i looked at the xda developers and that stuff seems way to complicated :S any one made an easier guide? :D why cant there always be an exe app to do it all for you :D

can u brick the phone by flashing a new ram into it? i looked at the xda developers and that stuff seems way to complicated :S any one made an easier guide? :D why cant there always be an exe app to do it all for you :D

You can brick it but its really unlikely, I have flashed mine and it all works perfectly :)

• Advertisement

You can brick it but its really unlikely, I have flashed mine and it all works perfectly :)
    and what will i get out of it just some updates or whats the point? :)

and what will i get out of it just some updates or whats the point? :)

You will get updates, fixes and some new applications. The phone is so much better than what the original rom was. It works faster, it is like a different phone :)

hmm ill be deeply occupied with the xda developers site when i get my phone on thursday :D

hmm ill be deeply occupied with the xda developers site when i get my phone on thursday :D

It is well worth it! let me know what you think of the phone when you get it, I love it! I don't think I could go back to a non touch screen phone now! I was messing about with my old K800i yesterday and was laughing at the size of the tiny screen :D

It is well worth it! let me know what you think of the phone when you get it, I love it! I don't think I could go back to a non touch screen phone now! I was messing about with my old K800i yesterday and was laughing at the size of the tiny screen :D

yeah its mad the what a phone was a few years ago and what it is now ;) in 2 years time the HD2 will be awfull lame :D waiting to meet up with the guy now to get it off him...found a factory unlocked and sealed for 380 on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I was messing about with my old K800i yesterday and was laughing at the size of the tiny screen :D

:eek: Exact same with me! :D I didn't want to bring my HD2 into town one night after I got it, put my sin in my k800i and it felt tiny! I remember when I first got my K800i I thought the screen was huge! :pac:

:eek: Exact same with me! :D I didn't want to bring my HD2 into town one night after I got it, put my sin in my k800i and it felt tiny! I remember when I first got my K800i I thought the screen was huge! :pac:

it was indeed :D and the 3.2 camera was d **** :)

I really wish I could get a keypad lock for it because I did install the S2U2 lock for it but that seemed to bugger up marketplace :( so am wary of installing that again..

Anyone know of another way I can lock the screen for during calls, sick of cutting people off :eek:

When you lift your phone to your face the screen turns off, at least it does on mine. There must be a setting somewhere?

• Advertisement

When you lift your phone to your face the screen turns off, at least it does on mine. There must be a setting somewhere?

does it? i cant see a light sensor anywhere on the front of it :)

Advertisement