Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD2 (Leo)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

cause i got GPS iGO 8 and d ****er didnt put a shortcut into main menu so when i need it i need go and hunt it in the file explorer :S there must be an easy way :S i just dont know it yet :D

had to do 2 hard resets last night too :S tried some modding :D ended up with half a theme first time and 2nd time i disabled HTC sense and didnt know how to turn it on :D sorted now though :)

to be honest, I don't do any modding with the phone, I was always very wary of what I put on the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

how can you make a short cut...i even got an app for shortcuts abut that seems to be very limited :S

Use the file explorer to navigate to the file you want to create a shortcut for. Hold your finger down on the filename until a menu appears, then select copy. Then navigate to Windows->Start Menu->Programs, select Menu->Edit->Paste Short Cut. Simple :D

Oh and you can rename your shortcut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

thanks found that already though :D xda developers site is very helpful sometimes :P
    angel01 wrote: »
    to be honest, I don't do any modding with the phone, I was always very wary of what I put on the phone!

ah some of em are cool...like separate notification bars and diff themes loads of cool stuff :) (though wish for the day when you only had to press one button to change a theme and zedge was the site of my mobile needs :D ) im kinda realising how diff sense and windows is from lets say nokia or symbyan :) like in nokia everything is there...any one can use it...with windows and android and apple you need to do some digging around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

thanks found that already though :D xda developers site is very helpful sometimes :P

ah some of em are cool...like separate notification bars and diff themes loads of cool stuff :) (though wish for the day when you only had to press one button to change a theme and zedge was the site of my mobile needs :D ) im kinda realising how diff sense and windows is from lets say nokia or symbyan :) like in nokia everything is there...any one can use it...with windows and android and apple you need to do some digging around :)

Did you stay on Meteor? I have the HD2 on meteor and it works fine. I can't use my phone where I am right now but when I'm home later tonight I can give you the data information.

XDA Developers is the Bible for the HD2 owners :D

• Advertisement

AntiVirus wrote: »
    XDA Developers is the Bible for the HD2 owners :D

If you can understand it :(:(

obriea3 wrote: »
    Did you stay on Meteor? I have the HD2 on meteor and it works fine. I can't use my phone where I am right now but when I'm home later tonight I can give you the data information.

yeah but what data is there to enter...you go into conncections...choose new connection...cellular GPRS...enter name...provider...then user:my, Pass: meteor, Domain: data.eircom.ie.

restart the phone and it doesnt work...unless you see a flaw in what i did...

if you can feel free to help me out :)
    If you can understand it

XDA Developers isnt that hard to understand...most of the files and everything are in cab files...just download and install nothing too hard :)

Windows Phone 7 coming to HTC HD2 soon :) its not 100% confirmed but HTC and Microsoft doesn't deny it...http://www.redmondpie.com/windows-mobile-7-confirmed-for-htc-hd2-9140293/ ---> tough i dont see why would be beneficial to go to WP7 :) HTC Sense kinda makes up for WinMo lacks :)

yeah but what data is there to enter...you go into conncections...choose new connection...cellular GPRS...enter name...provider...then user:my, Pass: meteor, Domain: data.eircom.ie.

restart the phone and it doesnt work...unless you see a flaw in what i did...

if you can feel free to help me out :)

XDA Developers isnt that hard to understand...most of the files and everything are in cab files...just download and install nothing too hard :)

Windows Phone 7 coming to HTC HD2 soon :) its not 100% confirmed but HTC and Microsoft doesn't deny it...http://www.redmondpie.com/windows-mobile-7-confirmed-for-htc-hd2-9140293/ ---> tough i dont see why would be beneficial to go to WP7 :) HTC Sense kinda makes up for WinMo lacks :)

The following settings work on mine. Note, I am not using a stock ROM so the settings might be a little different on your device. However the passswords etc should be the same.

When setting up the Meteor connection the access point defaults to isp.mymeteor.ie. Change this to data.mymeteor.ie
    Next input user name: my
    Password: wap
    Leave the domain blank.
    I don't know why it doesn't set up automatically. I suspect that Meteor don't want us to use other phones on their network!
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Windows Phone 7 coming to HTC HD2 soon :) its not 100% confirmed but HTC and Microsoft doesn't deny it...http://www.redmondpie.com/windows-mobile-7-confirmed-for-htc-hd2-9140293/ --->

That's not true I'm afraid.

Boxfresh wrote: »
    That's not true I'm afraid.

we will live to see...well if they werent planning to bring it out i think it would just as easy as saying no...im sure the home button can be easily remaped :)
    obriea3 wrote: »
    The following settings work on mine. Note, I am not using a stock ROM so the settings might be a little different on your device. However the passswords etc should be the same.

When setting up the Meteor connection the access point defaults to isp.mymeteor.ie. Change this to data.mymeteor.ie
    Next input user name: my
    Password: wap
    Leave the domain blank.
    I don't know why it doesn't set up automatically. I suspect that Meteor don't want us to use other phones on their network!
    Hope this helps.

it worked thanks :D im still quite pissed of about meteor shop staff being so un helpfull about settin up internet settings...all they could say we only sell phones and can send them away to the repair centre...i dont udnerstand why do most of em need training to sell handsets and post em off to the repair centre :S think that should be passed on to the mod to put it in FAQ and Networks as a sticky beside meteor :)

• Advertisement

813565917.png

speed test using phone as a wifi modem :) not too shabby...HSPDA too :) 3x faster than my 3 MIFI modem :) when i tested it in the same place :)

813565917.png

speed test using phone as a wifi modem :) not too shabby...HSPDA too :) 3x faster than my 3 MIFI modem :) when i tested it in the same place :)

Thats not bad at all. The upload is very good. :)

it is :) it reached up to 3 mb but only for a couple of secs...though it takes the average speed i guess...

guess the best thing about having meteor internet that not alot of people use it and its not congested as much as other mobile internet providers :)

it is :) it reached up to 3 mb but only for a couple of secs...though it takes the average speed i guess...

guess the best thing about having meteor internet that not alot of people use it and its not congested as much as other mobile internet providers :)

Check out this speed test on the HD2 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRlx3bsp0ho

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

AntiVirus wrote: »
    I don't know the app but the HD2 has a built in app that does that. Settings->Menu->All Settings->System->Memory

That will display you're memory usage for the Main memory and Storage card.

You could always create a shortcut to it.

Yea that is pretty much the same thing but the program i had was handy with % of storage left etc.
    I dont think its possible to create a shortcut using windows file explorer, when you go into > mydevice >windows > startmenu > settings - the settings folder is empty

pabloh999 wrote: »
    Yea that is pretty much the same thing but the program i had was handy with % of storage left etc.
    I dont think its possible to create a shortcut using windows file explorer, when you go into > mydevice >windows > startmenu > settings - the settings folder is empty

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-meminfo-net-standard-for-pocket-pc.html maybe this?

Found it!! Its the system info app that comes with the download of resco file explorer, that was wreckin my head:D

I downloaded resco to see if i could find system settings e.g backlight settings and make a shortcut as AntiVirus suggested.
    Still no luck with finding system settings in either resco or windows file explorer.
    I want to create a shortcut to the backlight settings, when im indoors i keep the backlight fairly dim to save the battery but then i go outdoors the screen is impossible to see.

Found it!! Its the system info app that comes with the download of resco file explorer, that was wreckin my head:D

I downloaded resco to see if i could find system settings e.g backlight settings and make a shortcut as AntiVirus suggested.
    Still no luck with finding system settings in either resco or windows file explorer.
    I want to create a shortcut to the backlight settings, when im indoors i keep the backlight fairly dim to save the battery but then i go outdoors the screen is impossible to see.

well isnt there a setting in display settings for auto dim ? i know somtimes it might set higher than you like but its the least bother solution as i know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

guys, don't fancy reading 28 pages to find out whats going on but currently I have an N97 whihc I'm getting more and more frustrated with. In the N97 thread a few people have sold and bought HTC's, so I'm presuming they are good, yes/no?

I really want to sell and move on. how is the HTC HD2 for everyone?

thanks in advance.

mmm i did the same :) sold the N97 and got HD2 :D no regrets so far :) (tought wishes that he had the speaker phone quality like on 5800 ) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

mmm i did the same :) sold the N97 and got HD2 :D no regrets so far :) (tought wishes that he had the speaker phone quality like on 5800 ) :D

Sounds like the best option alright, how much is the HD2 and how much did you get for your N97?

got 190 for the N97...then bought the HD2 from adverts.ie sim free for 380...only thing that annoys me is that it doesnt have a HDD like the N97 had :D need to get a 32GB microSD now :)

tough have to add the screen is the best part of it :D though i doubt if that was just a normal Windows Mobile phone it would be as good :) HTC did a great job with the Sense UI :)

sonic.trip wrote: »
    guys, don't fancy reading 28 pages to find out whats going on but currently I have an N97 whihc I'm getting more and more frustrated with. In the N97 thread a few people have sold and bought HTC's, so I'm presuming they are good, yes/no?

thanks in advance.

It is a really good phone, HTC do a good job of hiding the winMo :p

sonic.trip wrote: »

thanks in advance.

Yea, best phone on the market in my opinion. Came from a 5800, and other Nokia's and wouldn't think of going back. since i bought HTC a few of my mates have bought also. all are very happy so far!:)

Yes its an amazing phone alright. But I think the camera is not that great when using at nightime/indoors the flash just doesn't seem to fire at the right time or something.Winmo is a little frustrating sometimes, but other than that its a pretty cool phone. The internet experience is top rate, along with multi tasking make this 1 serious piece of kit!

Yes its an amazing phone alright. But I think the camera is not that great when using at nightime/indoors the flash just doesn't seem to fire at the right time or something.Winmo is a little frustrating sometimes, but other than that its a pretty cool phone. The internet experience is top rate, along with multi tasking make this 1 serious piece of kit!

havent tried camera at night yet but in day light its pretty decent pictures...better than the fogged up pictures you used to get in the N97...and for the camera delay i think theres a fix somewhere for that on XDA i seen.

dont use WinMo :) just use Sense UI :) wont annoy you then :D probably worst thing is that theres no dedicated task manager button :S got ark switch which programs your send key to open arkswitch for task manager but its not the nicest looking :D still in search for something better :D

havent tried camera at night yet but in day light its pretty decent pictures...better than the fogged up pictures you used to get in the N97...and for the camera delay i think theres a fix somewhere for that on XDA i seen.

dont use WinMo :) just use Sense UI :) wont annoy you then :D probably worst thing is that theres no dedicated task manager button :S got ark switch which programs your send key to open arkswitch for task manager but its not the nicest looking :D still in search for something better :D

It does have task manager on the phone and also in artemis roms?

It does have task manager on the phone and also in artemis roms?

it has a task manager but no dedicated hardware button to access it :S

no idea about other roms...havent tried flashing yet :D

thats why i got the program...when i hold send key it brings up a task manager called arkswitch :)

Have you downloaded cookies home tab editor? I have a dedicated button to my task manager on the homescreen.

• Advertisement

Have you downloaded cookies home tab editor? I have a dedicated button to my task manager on the homescreen.

i dont like the cookies tab :) and you can set task manager as a shortcut on your homescreen anyway without it...but what do you do when your not on home screen :)

Advertisement