Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD2 (Leo)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

pabloh999 wrote: »
    Yea that is pretty much the same thing but the program i had was handy with % of storage left etc.
    I dont think its possible to create a shortcut using windows file explorer, when you go into > mydevice >windows > startmenu > settings - the settings folder is empty

Ok this is what you would do for 99% of windows mobile programs but for these systems programs your going to have to create your own shortcut link. It's very easy when you know how. You'll need to create the files on your pc and copy them across into your windows->start menu folder

I'll give you an example on how to create a shortcut to the memory program:

Open notepad, add the following line:

20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,4

or if you want a nice memory icon on that link add ?shellres.dll,-13909 to that line, eg:

20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,4?shellres.dll,-13900

save the file as:

Memory.lnk

Here's a list of some other settings:

Settings>Personal>Password>Password = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,1
    Settings>Personal>Password>Hint = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,1,1
    Settings>Personal>Owner Information>Identification = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,2
    Settings>Personal>Owner Information>Notes = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,2,1
    Settings>Personal>Owner Information>Options = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,2,2
    Settings>System>Power>Main = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,3
    Settings>System>Memory>Main = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,4
    Settings>System>Memory>Storage Card = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,4,1
    Settings>System>Memory>Running Programs = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,4,2
    Settings>System>About>Version = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,5
    Settings>System>About>Device ID = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,5,1
    Settings>System>About>Copyrights = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,5,2
    Settings>System>Backlight>Brightness = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,6
    Settings>System>Backlight>Battery power= 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,6,1
    Settings>System>Backlight>External power = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,6,2
    Settings>System>Screen>General = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,7
    Settings>System>Screen>Clear Type = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,7,1
    Settings>System>Screen>Text Size = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,7,2
    Settings>Personal>Input>Input Method = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,8
    Settings>Personal>Input>Word Completion = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,8,1
    Settings>Personal>Input>Options = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,8,2
    Settings>Personal>Sounds & Notifications>Sounds = 20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,9
    Settings>Personal>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications = 22#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,9,1
    Settings>System>Remove Programs = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,10
    Settings>Personal>Menus>Start Menu = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,11
    Settings>Personal>Menus>New Menu = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,11,1
    Settings>Personal>Buttons>Program Buttons = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,12
    Settings>Personal>Buttons>Up/Down Controls = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,12,1
    Settings>Personal>Today>Appearance = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,13
    Settings>Personal>Today>Items = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,13,1
    Settings>Connections>Beam = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,15
    Settings>System>Clock & Alarms>Time = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,16
    Settings>System>Clock & Alarms>Alarms = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,16,2
    Settings>Connections>Network Cards = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,17
    Settings>System>Regional Settings>Region = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,18
    Settings>System>Regional Settings>Number = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,18,1
    Settings>System>Regional Settings>Currency = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,18,2
    Settings>System>Regional Settings>Time = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,18,3
    Settings>System>Regional Settings>Date = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,18,4
    Settings>Connections>Connections>Task = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,19
    Settings>Connections>Connection>Advanced = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,19,1
    Settings>Personal>Phone>Phone = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,20
    Settings>Personal>Phone>Services = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,20,1
    Settings>Personal>Phone>Network = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,20,2
    Settings>Personal>Phone>More = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,20,3
    Settings>System>Certificates>Personal = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,22
    Settings>System>Certificates>Root = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,22,1
    Settings>Connections>Bluetooth>Mode = 21#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,23
    Settings>Connections>Bluetooth>Devices = 23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,23,1

And some Icon ID's:

Contrast = 13905
    Password = 13942
    Owner = 13841
    Power = 13895
    Memory = 13900
    About = 13899
    Screen = 13902 (backlight)
    Stylus = 13906 (align screen)
    SIP = 13936
    Sounds = 13924
    Remove = 13943
    Menus = 13937
    Button = 13944
    Today = 13952
    Offerings = 13971 (updates)
    Beam = 13910
    Clock = 13840
    Network = 13888
    Regional = 13901
    Phone = 13953 (connections)
    AdminPasswd = 13954
    Bluetooth = 13909
    Certificates = 13941

I dont think its possible to create a shortcut using windows file explorer, when you go into > mydevice >windows > startmenu > settings - the settings folder is empty

If you want to add your own links to the settings folder, thats where you add them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

That is like double dutch to me :eek::eek:

angel01 wrote: »
    That is like double dutch to me :eek::eek:

:D

You don't need to understand it, just be able to cut, paste and copy and you'll do fine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

thanks for all the comments, will have to try sell the N97 first and do a bit of saving up for the HD2 first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Thanks AntiVirus, ill have to try get my head round all that..its gonna be a long afternoon:D

edit - ive just noticed that i need to create files on my pc first then send them over , i cant actually sync my phone to my pc,ive tried everything but it aint happening

Thanks AntiVirus, ill have to try get my head round all that..its gonna be a long afternoon:D

edit - ive just noticed that i need to create files on my pc first then send them over , i cant actually sync my phone to my pc,ive tried everything but it aint happening

Email it to yourself and save the attachment on your phone. If you have a problem emailing lnk files save the file as Memory.lnk.txt before sending it. Then email it, save the attachment to your windows->start menu, and then rename it to Memory.lnk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

any one thinking of getting an extended battery yet? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Yeah I got one on ebay for £15. The original battery would always die at about 4pm after taking it off charge at 8.30am that morning. My new extended one is at exactly 50% now and thats me using it all day. Well worth getting one if you use it quite alot

yeah i was thinking of getting one...but the buldge sets me off :S have to say HTC gave a fairly small battery for such a big phone :)

took mine of charge this morning...listened about 2 hours of music,15 mins on iGo8 navigation and some internet browsing and a few short calls and now on 14% :( just on standby the ****er eats 5% every hour...display brightness set on 30% most of the time :S

though since its a new phone guess gotta let it wear out before the battery start working at full potential...seen a battery test for HD2 on GSMarena before...how d **** did they manage to get 52 hours with music and browsing? :(

http://blog.gsmarena.com/htc-hd2-battery-test-ready-not-bad-at-all/

seriously i wouldnt have minded having the phone a bit thicker if the battery size was increased :S

if i was to design a phone first i would give it a big battery and then build the phone around it :D

• Advertisement

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Email it to yourself and save the attachment on your phone. If you have a problem emailing lnk files save the file as Memory.lnk.txt before sending it. Then email it, save the attachment to your windows->start menu, and then rename it to Memory.lnk

I saved the notepad file onto my memory card then copy and pasted to the empty settings folder in start menu folder on the phone. It just displays as a word file when i open it:confused:
    I used your example,named Memory.Ink as the notepad file :

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

are these physsically the same size?

dnme wrote: »
    are these physsically the same size?

no.it doubles the thickness of the phone where the battery cover is :S

ive seen a 1600 battery on ebay...though still wondering should i risk putting one in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

I'm tempted to get the extended battery aswell, fecker is expensive on expansys though - http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=195058 14.40 delivery

Not too bad on clove.co.uk http://www.clove.co.uk/viewProduct.aspx?product=6C9DA87E-F55C-4BE1-ACD7-3AC07A7E6635

With wi-fi turned on the battery doesnt last very long at all, I get about 2 days out of it if I don't turn on wi-fi

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

ok ive just got the hd2 , i have a three sim with data package, does anyone know where or what settings i need to get online? any help appreciated, ive read through threads but cant take it all in

isup wrote: »
    ok ive just got the hd2 , i have a three sim with data package, does anyone know where or what settings i need to get online? any help appreciated, ive read through threads but cant take it all in

press the coverage bar or the 3G icon on top of the screen and you will pop into conection manager..then press menu and press connections.in connections press add new and enter as follows...

Name : 3 Data
    access point name : 3ireland.ie
    user name: none
    pass: none

then save them and restard the phone :) hope this helps :)
    MrSparkle wrote: »
    I'm tempted to get the extended battery aswell, fecker is expensive on expansys though - http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=195058 14.40 delivery

Not too bad on clove.co.uk http://www.clove.co.uk/viewProduct.aspx?product=6C9DA87E-F55C-4BE1-ACD7-3AC07A7E6635

With wi-fi turned on the battery doesnt last very long at all, I get about 2 days out of it if I don't turn on wi-fi

how do you get two days ? :) elaborate? i dont use wifi on 3G connection every once in a while with a bit of music and i barely manage to get a day :S how long u had the phone?

mmm 40 quid isnt bad...mugen batteries are meant to be best but they charge like 80-100 quid for extended ones...40 quid from HTC genuine...i call it a bargain :D though the bulge, HD2 is beautifully built, would be a crime to destroy it with a bulge... :S when i was planning to get the extended one for the ex-N97 atleast it would sit flat with the cover. i wouldnt mind that :) but just big ass cover sticking out...

I don't mind charging once a day, it is a really huge screen so I expect that, I changed my display settings so it does last a bit more but with a smartphone like this, I expect to take a hit on the battery :)

I saved the notepad file onto my memory card then copy and pasted to the empty settings folder in start menu folder on the phone. It just displays as a word file when i open it:confused:
    I used your example,named Memory.Ink as the notepad file :

You're almost there. It's a Link file so just rename the file to Memory.LNK and it will work :D

You're almost there. It's a Link file so just rename the file to Memory.LNK and it will work :D

then copy paste it and sent it to me :)

btw did u try showcase task manager? press hold send key and it pops up with all windows and showing total memory used in %
    I don't mind charging once a day, it is a really huge screen so I expect that, I changed my display settings so it does last a bit more but with a smart-phone like this, I expect to take a hit on the battery
    mmm i dont mind charging it once a day too...but would be nice to have it running for 24 hours without charging incase you wander off to the pub instead of home to charge it :D

then the next day your gonna die cause you didn't call you girlfriend to tell her you went to the pub and she will kill you after worrying all night...all thanks to HTC :D

miss the battery life when i had 5800 :D used to get 2.5 days without charging it and listening to music either on speakers or headphones :S

then copy paste it and sent it to me :)

btw did u try showcase task manager? press hold send key and it pops up with all windows and showing total memory used in %

mmm i dont mind charging it once a day too...but would be nice to have it running for 24 hours without charging incase you wander off to the pub instead of home to charge it :D

then the next day your gonna die cause you didn't call you girlfriend to tell her you went to the pub and she will kill you after worrying all night...all thanks to HTC :D

miss the battery life when i had 5800 :D used to get 2.5 days without charging it and listening to music either on speakers or headphones :S

Yes but compare the screen sizes between the two, there is no comparison!! :D

• Advertisement

Renamed it to .LNK file and it still displays and opens as a word document.

Yes but compare the screen sizes between the two, there is no comparison!! :D

yeah i know :) i still get turned on when i look at the screen :D its just a masterpiece :) cant wait for the Evo 4G to come out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I have the HTC desire. Anyone able to tell me how to set the alarm and message altert tones? I have a few Mp3 files i wanna use.

not sure...maybe you should ask in the android section :) HD2 is Windows mobile :)

In HD2 you put them into Device Memory/Windows/Rings

its probably different in android

sorry :)

Vanbis wrote: »
    I have the HTC desire. Anyone able to tell me how to set the alarm and message altert tones? I have a few Mp3 files i wanna use.

There is a HTC desire thread in the android section, The HD2 runs on Windows Mobile so we can't really assist, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

Guys,
    When I open pictures from an MMS message they are centered on the screen and very small. Does anybody know how to increase the size so that I can see the picture properly? Pinch and zoom doesn't seem to work!

Thanks

obriea3 wrote: »
    Guys,
    When I open pictures from an MMS message they are centered on the screen and very small. Does anybody know how to increase the size so that I can see the picture properly? Pinch and zoom doesn't seem to work!

Thanks

save the picture and then go into the pictures to zoom it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

save the picture and then go into the pictures to zoom it :)

Really feel stupid!!!:o:confused:
    Thanks for that.

obriea3 wrote: »
    Really feel stupid!!!:o:confused:
    Thanks for that.

your welcome :)

• Advertisement

any one tried any roms yet?
    i hacked the HD2 yesterday...but couldnt get sense to work :S so went back to the newest HD2 rom...lol running on T-Mobile one now...

would try more but its bright outside :S need sleep :D

Advertisement