Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD2 (Leo)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

press the coverage bar or the 3G icon on top of the screen and you will pop into conection manager..then press menu and press connections.in connections press add new and enter as follows...

Name : 3 Data
    access point name : 3ireland.ie
    user name: none
    pass: none

thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

any one tried any roms yet?
    i hacked the HD2 yesterday...but couldnt get sense to work :S so went back to the newest HD2 rom...lol running on T-Mobile one now...

would try more but its bright outside :S need sleep :D

I am running the Artemis v8 rom, works the best for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

pabloh999 wrote: »
    Renamed it to .LNK file and it still displays and opens as a word document.

You haven't named it properly. If the lnk file is opening with word all your shortcuts would not work. If you want I'll email you a working lnk file.

any one tried any roms yet?
    i hacked the HD2 yesterday...but couldnt get sense to work :S so went back to the newest HD2 rom...lol running on T-Mobile one now...

would try more but its bright outside :S need sleep :D

I'm running the Evo rom. Me likey! :D

obriea3 wrote: »
    Guys,
    When I open pictures from an MMS message they are centered on the screen and very small. Does anybody know how to increase the size so that I can see the picture properly? Pinch and zoom doesn't seem to work!

Thanks

I had this problem before, the MMS messages would be about 1cm squared. There is a setting in the registry that needs to be changed to fix this. The "UserAgent" and "UAProfile" are not set correctly. You need a reg editor to fix it.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Jataayu\MMS\SP]
    "UserAgent"="HTC_HD2_T8585"
    "UAProfile"="http://www.htcmms.com.tw/gen/HTC_HD2_T8585-1.0.xml"
    "RRPreferredClass"=dword:00000001

• Advertisement

pabloh999 wrote: »
    I want to create a shortcut to the backlight settings, when im indoors i keep the backlight fairly dim to save the battery but then i go outdoors the screen is impossible to see.

I knew I'd seen this request before! download the zip file and use the program backlight_control for your backlight app :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=636739

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

angel01 wrote: »
    I am running the Artemis v8 rom, works the best for me
    AntiVirus wrote: »
    I'm running the Evo rom. Me likey! :D

i wanted the energy rom :) ill have to look into what was wrong some other time...went to bed at 5 lol

left now with hyper rom...its not too bad but FB tab doesnt work and it has opera 10 with flash support as intergrated browser which doesnt support multi touch :S so gonna have to look for something a bit less :D

edit... cant find any dececnt rom that i prefer over the original rom :)

great tried artemis rom and cant boot now :S

great tried artemis rom and cant boot now :S

Oh dear... thats why I got my boyfriend to do it ;)

Oh dear... thats why I got my boyfriend to do it ;)

i dont know what went wrong...installed it and it kept freezing...so i thought id wipeusinng task29 and install clean stock radio back but it didnt boot up anymore after task29

• Advertisement

lol found out how to enter the boot loader :) after task29 i wiped out everything and there was no rom to use :D and never seen anywhere how to enter boot loader :D flashing a stock o2 rom and going to bed :D been a stressfull day :D and got maths exam too 2mo :D

lol found out how to enter the boot loader :) after task29 i wiped out everything and there was no rom to use :D and never seen anywhere how to enter boot loader :D flashing a stock o2 rom and going to bed :D been a stressfull day :D and got maths exam too 2mo :D

haha got it sorted then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

I knew I'd seen this request before! download the zip file and use the program backlight_control for your backlight app :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=636739

Cheers ill try that later

haha got it sorted then ;)

yeah...just went back to a stock ROM...the custom ones keep freezing for me :D and i dont see speed issues with the phone it being stock (maybe cause i had the N97 :D) but gotta find my own tweeks now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

I'm thinking of buying a sat-nav program for my HD2.
    Does anybody know if the GPS works independantly of the data? i.e. if I run a sat-nav such as co-pilot for an hour or more, will it end up costing me a fortune?

I'm thinking of buying a sat-nav program for my HD2.
    Does anybody know if the GPS works independantly of the data? i.e. if I run a sat-nav such as co-pilot for an hour or more, will it end up costing me a fortune?

It won't cost you a penny. :)

It won't cost you a penny. :)

thanks AntiVirus. think i'll purchase co-pilot live 8 then!

thanks AntiVirus. think i'll purchase co-pilot live 8 then!

It's the one I use and it's very good. :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I bought a HD2 at last, so far i'm loving it. I upgraded from the Kaiser with a short stay on a Sony Ericsson phone in the middle. I had to move to o2 from Three which i wasn't keen on but Threes selection of phones has got so bad.
    I'm running the stock rom for o2 though i did update it from the HTC website.

liamog wrote: »
    I bought a HD2 at last, so far i'm loving it. I upgraded from the Kaiser with a short stay on a Sony Ericsson phone in the middle. I had to move to o2 from Three which i wasn't keen on but Threes selection of phones has got so bad.
    I'm running the stock rom for o2 though i did update it from the HTC website.

cool welcome to the club :D we should make a new thread :) HTC HD2 owners to see how many there is :D

• Advertisement

cool welcome to the club :D we should make a new thread :) HTC HD2 owners to see how many there is :D

Not a bad idea!

wee just got my 16GB memory card and my 12 euro LARGE fours star pizza :D its a good day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seanyleary

whats the best avi player for the htc hd2, tryed the DivX and it runs very slow, anyone know of a better one

seanyleary wrote: »
    whats the best avi player for the htc hd2, tryed the DivX and it runs very slow, anyone know of a better one

try this TCPMP just when you start it go to options -> and instead of GDI choose Direct Draw...i use this on mine and works great :) some people might say Core Player but i dont like it and Core Player doesnt support ac3

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I like Core Player, use it to play AVI files mainly.

I like the idea of a HD2 owners thread. Gives us a cleaner place to discuss mods and apps etc...

well i got mods section started there :)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055914432

i post a few handy mods or apps after testing them :) there's alot of mods on XDA Developers out there but i tried so many of them and after just ended up in having to hard reset my device :S feel free to post of discuss what you want there :)

finaly got ps1 roms and the FpseCE :) runs great :) though the on screen controls are not finger friendly :( theres a BT game pad but with bluetooth working and playing games the battery would probably wouldnt last longer than 2 hours lol

finaly got ps1 roms and the FpseCE :) runs great :) though the on screen controls are not finger friendly :( theres a BT game pad but with bluetooth working and playing games the battery would probably wouldnt last longer than 2 hours lol

Where did you find them?

I have the artemis, I am having issues with data speeds, do you have to leave it switched to Change to 3g - on?

• Advertisement

Where did you find them?

google is your friend :) and still have about 30 ps1 cd's back from the days :D

think ill buy the extended battery just for gaming :D get the BT Gamepad and make it into my PSP :D

i can just imagine myself playing it :) all them good memories with the PS1...was the best console ever and had the best games ever...f uck ps2 and ps3...all best orginals were ps1
    I have the artemis, I am having issues with data speeds, do you have to leave it switched to Change to 3g - on?
    i dont know...

i downloaded WMLongLife and its a little program that leaves the phone always on 2G (saves loads of battery) unless a certain app is added...so then it changes to 3G/HSPDA and after im finished it turns of the data package too :) have to give credit to that app :D probably get half a day more of battery life with them settings :)

Advertisement