Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD2 (Leo)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Or 5400 mAh portable charger :) twice the power of the extended battery and wont need to take out the batteries :) though i kinda want the kick stand :) handy for playing games if your using the gamepad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

google is your friend :) and still have about 30 ps1 cd's back from the days :D

think ill buy the extended battery just for gaming :D get the BT Gamepad and make it into my PSP :D

i can just imagine myself playing it :) all them good memories with the PS1...was the best console ever and had the best games ever...f uck ps2 and ps3...all best orginals were ps1

i dont know...

i downloaded WMLongLife and its a little program that leaves the phone always on 2G (saves loads of battery) unless a certain app is added...so then it changes to 3G/HSPDA and after im finished it turns of the data package too :) have to give credit to that app :D probably get half a day more of battery life with them settings :)

That sounds good, where can you get that app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 VPS

I’m looking for a phone with offline GPS and TV-out.

I'd like to Download maps once and use GPS feature without connecting to internet like say Nokia X6.

Is this how GPS on HTC HD2 works?

http://www.fpsece.net/

grrr i got some program on HD2 that when u swipe screen with two fingers it make like an alt tab gesture and it keeps turning off the game :S just donated to get the supporters version :) will see was it worth it :D

Edit: LMT deleted :D

VPS wrote: »

I'd like to Download maps once and use GPS feature without connecting to internet like say Nokia X6.

while you dont need internet on gps HTC HD2 has no TV OUT :( though HD2 doesnt have free gps :*( you get a trial version of co pilot...never tried co pilot but got myself iGo 8 ...very nicely interfaced Navigatiot wth 3D buildings :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

VPS wrote: »

I'd imagine the successor to the HD2 will have a HDMI out... although admittedly i don't know how far off that is.

I'd imagine the successor to the HD2 will have a HDMI out... although admittedly i don't know how far off that is.

not sure will there be a successor...it depends on WP7 alot i guess....

once the android gets successfully ported for the HD2 i will probably change over to it once im bored of all the playstation games ;)

i never got to use HDMi cables :) the only one i use is home cinema to telly...but for pc and laptop they dont have proper resolution on settings or w/e
    im too lazy to find out. its just easier to plug in the DVI cable :D

all fixed the on screen controls for the PS1 emulator working great now :) its like a trip to the childhood playing all them games... :) my 400 quid was well spent on the HD2

all fixed the on screen controls for the PS1 emulator working great now :) its like a trip to the childhood playing all them games... :) my 400 quid was well spent on the HD2

It is a great device, I bought it on contract so not exactly mine yet ;)

Been reading reviews of that WMlonglife, looks a bit risky, people have issues getting 3G after uninstalling :eek::eek:

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-wmlonglife.html

• Advertisement

angel01 wrote: »
    Been reading reviews of that WMlonglife, looks a bit risky, people have issues getting 3G after uninstalling :eek::eek:

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-wmlonglife.html

idk but it really improves the battery life...adding the fact that you dont have to go about turning off data package all the time...its just auto

idk but it really improves the battery life...adding the fact that you dont have to go about turning off data package all the time...its just auto

I have never turned off the data package.

I have never turned off the data package.

well then i bet my battery lasts longer than urs :P

by data package im talking about the switch in communication manager with the data package...that gets turned of as soon as i exit opera or once im finished with the internet on any other app

well then i bet my battery lasts longer than urs :P

by data package im talking about the switch in communication manager with the data package...that gets turned of as soon as i exit opera or once im finished with the internet on any other app

No I just close the internet. It doesnt bother me, I charge usually once a day and top up before I leave work :) I have a 2 hour journey to and from work so it always helps to have the phone working well and am always on the net :D

No I just close the internet. It doesnt bother me, I charge usually once a day and top up before I leave work :) I have a 2 hour journey to and from work so it always helps to have the phone working well and am always on the net :D

even when you close the internet browser the data package could be still on...data package eats a bit more internet than one in turned off :)

also the WMlonglife switches to 2G when internet not used to that makes a big difference in standby time

even when you close the internet browser the data package could be still on...data package eats a bit more internet than one in turned off :)

also the WMlonglife switches to 2G when internet not used to that makes a big difference in standby time

Doesn't really matter... I have unlimited internet :p:D

Doesn't really matter... I have unlimited internet :p:D
    im not on about does it charge u to use it...active data connection drains battery life :P

im not on about does it charge u to use it...active data connection drains battery life :P

I bring my charger with me to work and charge there (just top it up!) it is no big hassle. Who cares :D

I bring my charger with me to work and charge there (just top it up!) it is no big hassle. Who cares :D

you have an answer for everything dont ya? :D

you have an answer for everything dont ya? :D

A phone like this will always test the battery and I will never expect to get more than a day really out of a phone like this, it is no major issue to me.

• Advertisement

A phone like this will always test the battery and I will never expect to get more than a day really out of a phone like this, it is no major issue to me.

i get a day and more out of it :P well if i dont play the ps1 games :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

So far I'm getting about a day and a half usage, that's with Twitter turned on, Internet usage and a few short phone calls.

liamog wrote: »
    So far I'm getting about a day and a half usage, that's with Twitter turned on, Internet usage and a few short phone calls.

angel see for that you wouldn't expect any longer :P

angel see for that you wouldn't expect any longer :P

What do you mean? How about you do what you want to and I will do what I want and we can all be happy.

What do you mean? How about you do what you want to and I will do what I want and we can all be happy.

i didnt say for you to do it :P i just pointed out what you said to the WMlonglife app :) and it just makes great battery improvement :P

i didnt say for you to do it :P i just pointed out what you said to the WMlonglife app :) and it just makes great battery improvement :P

Thats ok. I don't want to install any risky apps. I will take my chances thanks.

Thats ok. I don't want to install any risky apps. I will take my chances thanks.

i wouldnt call it risky :D

i wouldnt call it risky :D

It is if you can't run 3G after you remove it..

It is if you can't run 3G after you remove it..

well hadnt tried removing it manualy yet :) but it was removed over hard resets and new flashes and i still have 3G :)

• Advertisement

well hadnt tried removing it manualy yet :) but it was removed over hard resets and new flashes and i still have 3G :)

Ok.

Advertisement