Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD2 (Leo)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Is this phone still worth getting with windows 7 mobile coming out in a few months? id be getting it on pay as you go so would it be worth 400€?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

ooPabsoo wrote: »
    Is this phone still worth getting with windows 7 mobile coming out in a few months? id be getting it on pay as you go so would it be worth 400€?

officialy it hasn't been announced that it's getting windows 7. but there's people already developing a stable port to hd2. android and windows phone 7 will come out as a unofficial upgrade even if htc don't give out the official one. i've seen a post from htc russia that hd2 will get the upgrade... so time will tell

otherwise if you like messing around with your phone alot and do loads of modifying it's the phone for you :-) windows phone's as i think are all about to customize it the way you want it. not what view give ya from the factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

officialy it hasn't been announced that it's getting windows 7. but there's people already developing a stable port to hd2. android and windows phone 7 will come out as a unofficial upgrade even if htc don't give out the official one. i've seen a post from htc russia that hd2 will get the upgrade... so time will tell

It's already been announced that the HD2 will never officially get 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

ooPabsoo wrote: »

absolutely! we don't know yet how great wm7 will be, do we? my lady just ditched an iphone 3g s an an X10 for a HD2 after she saw the one I'm using. As the previous poster mentioned: the possibilities of modding and tweaking it until it's truly yours are endless...

strecker wrote: »
    absolutely! we don't know yet how great wm7 will be, do we? my lady just ditched an iphone 3g s an an X10 for a HD2 after she saw the one I'm using. As the previous poster mentioned: the possibilities of modding and tweaking it until it's truly yours are endless...

yeah well thats why i love it :) and WP7 emulators are out now...people are already working on XDA Developers to bring WP7 to HD2...not sure how great it will be :) i kinda like the interface its cool...and WP7 is meant to support finaly proper 3D games :) since i love mobile gaming im gonna try as soon as its ported properly :)

android will be out soon too...just need to wait till the port for dual boot is finished for the HD2

• Advertisement

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=687153

found this cool rom :) thought id share it :)

screenshot1bw.jpgscreenshot2as.jpgscreenshot3e.jpgscreenshot4ox.jpgscreenshot5aq.jpgscreenshot6qr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=687153

found this cool rom :) thought id share it :)

screenshot1bw.jpgscreenshot2as.jpgscreenshot3e.jpgscreenshot4ox.jpgscreenshot5aq.jpgscreenshot6qr.jpg

I had a look at that and looks good. However it seems to be v1.0. I use Artemis ROMs normally and find them excellent. These are currently at v17.0 so any issues and bugs have been dealt with for the most part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Not sure I like the bottom of the screen, think I shall stick with my artemis one

angel01 wrote: »
    Not sure I like the bottom of the screen, think I shall stick with my artemis one

i like pt alot of work into it :) though the lack widgets is horrible...

Chucky ROM FTW :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 htc

you can find htc hd2 apps here http://htc-hd2-apps.blogspot.com/

• Advertisement

well htc hd2 will never have decent games on it with Windows Mobile 6.5.x

the software is too old to support any decent games...

put android on :) you can all stop whinging then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Is it worth putting on Froyo/android on this..? People still seem to be having problems with the ROMs on the XDA site.. If it is worth it, what one would you recommend? :)

its definitely worth it (its not hard either) i have made a small guide and intro to HD2 Android OS in the android section and theres tons of newbie guides on xda

Calls/Texts/GPS/3G Data/Wifi/BT(No headset support yet though) battery performance in average

i haven't used Windows Mobile properly in about 2 weeks now :D

only time i boot into it to put a new build on the SD card

btw found a good battery :)

http://www.obostore.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=28

ive been looking around XDA for a long time looking for a normal size battery with extra performance...

bought this a week ago and got it in post quick.

you can see the difference from the OEM battery definetly

how to flash a custom rom ;) right here ;)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056006117

Is there a way to set this phone to only use the 3G network instead of going via Edge etc

hmm thats a first :) since your asking that i guess your dropping to edge alot means you havent got decent coverage...means if you go perma 3G you might not have coverage alot

hmm thats a first :) since your asking that i guess your dropping to edge alot means you havent got decent coverage...means if you go perma 3G you might not have coverage alot

Considering moving to three because I am fed up to the back teeth of O2 and their rubbish coverage :(:(

I am stuck in the middle.. at the moment, I am nearly on edge fulltime.

in city area? you know no phone operator guarantees decent 3G coverage inside...theres actually a thread there talking about a fella that wants to switch from three just cause of the issues your having with o2 ;)

in city area? you know no phone operator guarantees decent 3G coverage inside...theres actually a thread there talking about a fella that wants to switch from three just cause of the issues your having with o2 ;)

Its in Dublin 18..

• Advertisement

not even in dublin 18 :) its ireland remember things move here at slow pace ;)

not even in dublin 18 :) its ireland remember things move here at slow pace ;)

Its fine where I live in & dublin city centre.. I dont really buy O2's excuse.

had to post this :)

apple isnt the only one that gets sold out on the launch :)

I am selling my hd2, if you are interested, send me a message, I have an ad up on adverts too :)

ah why :( hd2 is only getting better :) now you can have android an all :)

what ya getting next

ah why :( hd2 is only getting better :) now you can have android an all :)

what ya getting next

I have already got my phone! I am now with three, I bought a Galaxy S, myself & my boyfriend were messing about with it all afternoon :o I must say I love android.. to be honest, was feeling the HD2 was a bit bulky, a lot happier now.. boyfriend went out and got himself a Galaxy S too :eek::D

I somehow managed to lose internet connection.. think something I did or downloaded scuppered it but all working okay again! :)

ok just dont turn into a bada fan boy :) most people here with a galaxy would protect it with their life :D

ok just dont turn into a bada fan boy :) most people here with a galaxy would protect it with their life :D

I really like it, just need to get to grips with it lol

you should have just put android on your hd2 :) would have liked it even better :D

gonna save of from upgrading till the the new qualcomm processors come out..

then the fun is gonna start :)

only thing im jealous of the galaxy is the GPU :) though HD2 has a better processor :)

• Advertisement

after seeing one of the XDA members changing the looks of their phone with a front skin i decided to take a peek on ebay for something for the hd2 :) and wth :) the amount of vinyl designs available :)

im getting a few now from ebay :) ive looked at few so far and ill post a few good ones ;)

Burning Skull MY most favorite :)
    03040-01797.jpg

White Skin Decal

All Sorts of Designs :) They Even give ya matching wallpaper. 3 stickers for 9.99$+5.00$ P&P

htc_hd2_skin_HD2-YU34t.gifhtc_hd2_skin_HD2-BZ17t.gifhtc_hd2_skin_HD2-CP8t.gif

Advertisement