Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD2 (Leo)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Sitdistribution has decided to provide WM ownder with some free games :)

which ones inlcude NFS Shift, Monopoly HD, Tetris and The Sims 3.

Since their made free games i can post em here :)

You can check the site or use the download link below :)

Download

Dont be mistaken these are high quality games :) the same graphics as you would get on android or iPhone platform :)

Thought i would share some of the mods ive made ;)

Just4Fun Stuff

==========================================

Got the skins for the phone too :)
    Surprisingly it wasn't that hard to put it on :) and it is bubble proof as they said :) very easy to apply and take it of if you get a part wrong and re apply :)

dsc00006kz.jpgdsc00005st.jpg

CHT 2.0.0 BEta is out :)

so cool :) you can customize it better than Android homescreen now :) minus the limited widgets but anyway :) i can make my screen look like i want it to be now :) well screens :)

screen1cg.pngscreen2j.png

damn missing one screen with the email and messaging widget

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Thought i would share some of the mods ive made ;)

Just4Fun Stuff

==========================================

Got the skins for the phone too :)
    Surprisingly it wasn't that hard to put it on :) and it is bubble proof as they said :) very easy to apply and take it of if you get a part wrong and re apply :)

dsc00006kz.jpgdsc00005st.jpg

Fits on the HD2 very well. Are you running your HD2 on Android now instead of WinMo? Which Android rom are you using? I've been testing out the HTC Desire HD beta rom which is quite good but I still think the NRG rom with CHT is the best. :pac:

well i used shubCraft build but the dev went away to america and no updates for a month now :) using Sense mDeejay or somthing like it now :) Desire HD build only ever booted once for me...now SOD

nop im using Cruzer HD2 Rom :) its a nice rom without all the crap ware all the popular roms put in :) easy to customize it yourself and the chef is active and talks to us about issues and what we want from rom :)

its pretty much like your ma asking ya what you want for dinner hehe

• Advertisement

nop im using Cruzer HD2 Rom :) its a nice rom without all the crap ware all the popular roms put in :) easy to customize it yourself and the chef is active and talks to us about issues and what we want from rom :)

I'll give it a go tomorrow and see what ite like, thanks. :)
    its pretty much like your ma asking ya what you want for dinner hehe

Steak and chips, please! :D

heres the missing the screens with the message widget :)

screen3es.png

meh WinMo is all about preference and making the most out of ur device :) i tried so many roms already :) and will try loads more ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Ok only bought this phone yesterday and keep getting a white screen with Windows Live at the top and a message saying there was a problem, please try again. And at the bottom it says Dismiss. i keep hitting this button and it goes off for a second and then comes back up, even trying to turn the phone off does not work, the only solution i can find is to remove the battery. It comes up at different times, when browsing or going to take a photo. Anyone have any help or have experienced this? Or have i got a dodgy unit and should i send it back ??

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

Ok only bought this phone yesterday and keep getting a white screen with Windows Live at the top and a message saying there was a problem, please try again. And at the bottom it says Dismiss. i keep hitting this button and it goes off for a second and then comes back up, even trying to turn the phone off does not work, the only solution i can find is to remove the battery. It comes up at different times, when browsing or going to take a photo. Anyone have any help or have experienced this? Or have i got a dodgy unit and should i send it back ??

I've not seen that before. I think you might have a dogy one there. Did you buy it SIM free or with a provider?
    If it with a provider I think you need to go back to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

obriea3 wrote: »
    I've not seen that before. I think you might have a dogy one there. Did you buy it SIM free or with a provider?
    If it with a provider I think you need to go back to them!

bought it off vodafone online with my cheer up voucher, suppose I will contact them and see bout sending it back. its a pity though cause I'm loving the phone !!!

• Advertisement

sweet mommy of them all :) WP7 on hd2 ported :) god i love cottula ;)

HD2 the first multi platform phone ? :D

download and watch this. he posted this on his twitter acc :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

I need your advise:will you buy an HD2 now or wait for the HD3/HD7 !?
    also,what about Desire Hd !?

thanks in advance...

well do have in mind that hd2 requires loves and attention :)

tbh i keep seeing more and more new people on XDA HD2 forums just because of the fact that it can run winmo and android.

i dont think hd2 is gonna die anytime soon unless they stop production

rolion wrote: »
    I need your advise:will you buy an HD2 now or wait for the HD3/HD7 !?
    also,what about Desire Hd !?

thanks in advance...

I'd get the HD2, that way you'll be able to run Android, Windows Mobile or Windows Phone 7 all on the same phone! :D

You were right, cottula was first to do it! :p

:D

thanks for reply guys...on my way to O2 store for a new HD2...with lots of love & care ! ;)

thanks for reply guys...on my way to O2 store for a new HD2...with lots of love & care ! ;)

Enjoy!

A good app to have on your PC is Mymobiler. It will allow you to control your HD2 from your PC, very handy.

http://www.mymobiler.com/

Also if you're going to upgrade the ROM, may I suggest the Energy Rom. I find it the best, CHT is included with this ROM as well :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=562952

mdah..1800 pages to read on XDA ! i gave up after the few hundreds...too complex,too many issues,bugs,options,solutions,refference,links,cross-links,update,versions !!! tbh,i've lost it...

So i got so far: phone comes with a ROM,windows mobile 6.x.x . That works fine,no issues.Then...these additional ROMs,where they came from,what they do ?? Why do i have to instal them ?

Also,for Android,i have to copy & run some files/programs.Then,once up&running,every time i have to use it,i need to go through same steps all the time ??

The O2 business is closed till monday morning so i'll have a day to understand something ... !

Thanks in advance

custom rooms are customized for looks and performance.for android you can get apps to launch it for ya :)

there not too much reading to be done if you read the right stuff..faq is a good start as its sticky
    AntiVirus wrote: »
    You were right, cottula was first to do it! :p

:D

yeah da_g tried but he couldntt do it. it only took cottula a few weeks to do it too. that fella is a win :) android nand is done too its just a matter of time for the devs to finish it

though there's legal issues regarding wp7 so it will go behind xda scenes i think once it comes out as a public version

but who cares :) HD2 can already run WM6.5, Android, Ubuntu, WM7, WINCE7, (MEEGO)

So ...the original phone comes with Windows Mobile @ Microsoft,stored in a ROM.Some 'developers' takes that

image,applies some extra tweaks,execute a dump and then make it publicly available as various releases and names.
    Then,by flashing,it means that , owner overwrite the original image in ROM with that tweaked dump.

Few Qs:

-what is a radio ?
    -flashing is overwriting original image in ROM with tweaked version ?
    -any reasons to be worried re warranty ?
    -how often do you have to apply new version ?

Running WinMo is ok.Then ,if you want Android,you apply start-up as described in many sites and run new OS.

Few Qs:
    -new OS is running off a card,not from RAM or from ROM ?
    -can Android be made permanent in flash/ROM ?
    -if you switch off the phone,it reverts back to WinMo at restart?
    -if you want to run Android after power off/reset you somehow have to start-it again ??
    -by doing Android restart...don't you lose all the phone status,calls history,settings ,skins and do on...?
    -is Android accessing phone's hardware through WinMo ?

Thanks in advance...

• Advertisement

yeah da_g tried but he couldntt do it. it only took cottula a few weeks to do it too. that fella is a win :) android nand is done too its just a matter of time for the devs to finish it

though there's legal issues regarding wp7 so it will go behind xda scenes i think once it comes out as a public version

but who cares :) HD2 can already run WM6.5, Android, Ubuntu, WM7, WINCE7, (MEEGO)

The man is a genius! Must be Jesus and his online XDA name is cottula

So ...the original phone comes with Windows Mobile @ Microsoft,stored in a ROM.Some 'developers' takes that

image,applies some extra tweaks,execute a dump and then make it publicly available as various releases and names.
    Then,by flashing,it means that , owner overwrite the original image in ROM with that tweaked dump.

Few Qs:

-what is a radio ?

Running WinMo is ok.Then ,if you want Android,you apply start-up as described in many sites and run new OS.

Few Qs:
    -if you want to run Android after power off/reset you somehow have to start-it again ??
    -by doing Android restart...don't you lose all the phone status,calls history,settings ,skins and do on...?

Thanks in advance...

I'll try to answer these as best as I can.

-what is a radio ?
    It's what controls you phone's reception,quality,GPS and battery

Yes

Not sure, any time I've fecked up an upgrade of a new ROM I just reflash or do a hard reset and bingo.

When ever you want or if the new version has something you want.

Running WinMo is ok.Then ,if you want Android,you apply start-up as described in many sites and run new OS?
    Yes

Yes, for the moment.

Yes, they're working on NAND at the momnet and it should be finished soon
    (What is NAND? NAND is the internal memory on your phone. This means that these ROMS can be ran off your internal phone's memory, without it having to be on the SD card.)
    http://ip208-100-42-21.static.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=786151

Currently yes but not once its installed with NAND

Until NAND you would have to launch it from within Windows

No, It stores everything on your memory card in the Android section.

No, when you launch Haret it shuts WinMo down and launches Android
    http://androinica.com/2010/08/16/a-guide-to-running-android-on-windows-mobile-devices/

Hope that helps, it may look a bit compilcated at the start but its very easy to do. Just click a few buttons here and there and bingo you've got you're new ROM installed.

In the screenshot below the new rom has added in lots of widgets that you can move around the screen, clock, call history, music app etc.. You can change the way they look too. There's also the lastest version on WinMo on it which is much better than the one on your stock ROM. There's a new task bar at the top, you can flick between 3 home screens and have 3 pages of hot links etc... :)
    Untitled-10.jpg

or just have one of you home screens like this! :D
    Untitled-11.jpg

the man above answered everything right there :)

I never did anything with my phone before hd2 just use it as it comes. There was a lot of head scratching when i first got it and was scanning through pages of xda. alot of hacking guides have even youtube videos.

Though once you do it a few times you realise that theres nothing to it :) its quite fun at the start. its a big difference from stock rom to custom. its all about prefference and usability :) when you hack if you havent already dont be afraid to go crazy and flash all roms on xda :) the only way you will find whats best for you :)

Here's a little video clip of NAND. He takes the flash card out to demo, What a pro! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KciRhnePeU&feature=player_embedded

I took a little snap shot of the NAND bootup screen and you can see option 7 looks like a boot option for Windows Phone 7

Untitled-12.jpg

Most important of all is Tetris is there as option 5!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SuperFatCat

Have the HTC HD2......its an amazing phone!!! However, can anyone help me to unlock and jailbreak it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Bugzy

you dont jailbreak windows phone ;) you hack them :P

jailbreak sounds gay :)

you can find most usefull stuff here

and how to hack it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Have the HTC HD2......its an amazing phone!!! However, can anyone help me to unlock and jailbreak it?

Who are you with? You can get them unlocked by the network.

angel01 wrote: »
    Who are you with? You can get them unlocked by the network.

look whos here...thought you departed to android forums with your SGS aka 3GS :P

mmm well if your in dublin (most bigger towns have some shops that do unlocking too) im sure you can quickly can get it unlocked for a tenner or something since the phone is already a year+ old. you can also request your carrier to provide you a key for unlocking though it takes a while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Are you sure it's locked? We have a Vf and o2 branded - both unlocked/sim-free....

• Advertisement

yeah actually thats right. mine was o2 branded but unlocked

Advertisement