Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD2 (Leo)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

look whos here...thought you departed to android forums with your SGS aka 3GS :P

mmm well if your in dublin (most bigger towns have some shops that do unlocking too) im sure you can quickly can get it unlocked for a tenner or something since the phone is already a year+ old. you can also request your carrier to provide you a key for unlocking though it takes a while :)

I have, still keep an eye on this thread ;):D

Loving my SGS... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

i just still think hd2 better :) though im jealous of of the better screen and better gpu processor i still think hd2 is a far bigger phone for your money :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SuperFatCat

Im in the USA, I am with T-mobile.....and yes, I am a complete blond when it comes to things like 'hacking' versus 'jailbreaking' ;)
    Thanks for the help, if anyone wants to call me and walk me through the process I would really appreciate it!!! lol!!!!:P

well you should be aware that t-mobile is a bit different from the normal HD2. some roms are incompatible with the normal leo roms ;)

though for now i suggest you install this :) as well as CHT editor :) it will make your life easier :D

cht is the best thing that happened to HD2...and the new version is the **** :)

i just still think hd2 better :) though im jealous of of the better screen and better gpu processor i still think hd2 is a far bigger phone for your money :)

In comparison, I prefer the SGS, each to their own though :)

• Advertisement

yeah well take care of it so i wouldnt fall apart :D:D;)

yeah well take care of it so i wouldnt fall apart :D:D;)

No chance of that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

@ antivirus...thanks ! ! ! more than i needed ! :)

I have ordered one from O2,i shall have it tomorrow in my hands.Got a good deal from them .

Now the Q is:what i'm going to do with it first thing ? ?oh yeah..charge it !
    then...oaahhh,i'm not going to sleep tonight !

you should first put Cookies Home tab 2.0 Beta on it :) thats what you can make your homescreen look like :P

20101011003.th.png
    20101011002.th.png
    20101011001.th.png

and if it doesnt have put framework 3.5 on it ...i have a hd2 mods section somewhere with usefull things to put on it :) SRS WoW HD is a must too. it raises the quality from unusable to perfect

guess we can post this here :)HD7

not much of an upgrade though since it kinda shares the same specs as HD2 only high ress v recording and slcd. everything else is pretty much the same :(

• Advertisement

love what you can do with CHT 2.0 :)

web.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

love what you can do with CHT 2.0 :)

Nice screen shots. It's pretty impressive alright! :)

ok,got the phone few days ago...
    all ok,quite bigger screen than expected !
    WinMo is not bad,doing what is supposed to do,few issues with Exchange due to SSL Certificate !
    quality ok,GUI ok,battery (still) ok ! WiFi great,GPS with iGo great !

not sure why i want to install another OS or start changing around the current OS ? !

what piss me off is dependency of myself to the smartphone:for a short while i wasn't able to make phone calls due to not knowing phone numbers of my wife,kids or friends..few calls missed and not sure who that person was when called them back....missed few reminders due to calendar ! that is outrageous how 'linked' / ' dependent' i am on the fcuking phone !

well you dont have to change any os :) just if your browse your way to htc.com and download updates for starters would do to fix all the bugs and some extra content is added sometimes :)

yeah windows mobile calendar is diabolical. but after a while you get used to it :) you can use the sense calendar tab its a bit easier that way

Thanks for tip !

I did the eregistration,found ROMs update,typed in my device serial number and it says that the update is not valid for my device ...despite being in the HTC HD2 section !!

Also,my device info...

ROM 1.43.206.4

ROM Date 11/06/09

Radio v 2.04.50.22_2

...being lower / older than the ones listed on their website :ROM English: 3.14.405.2 / Release Date: 2010-10-11 ! !

Also,bought an O2 new phone just to find that was in stock since june or november 2009 !??

LaterEdit:
    search with my ROM version and i'm not the only one here...
    http://forum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=209705

OK later,i found this one,it looks that all ROm updates are being done from and for O2 UK version ONLY !!
    http://www.htc.com/uk/SupportViewNews.aspx?dl_id=960&news_id=676
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=671197

Can any1 confirm what is the latest ROM version on O2 devices,please,thanks!

Serial Number : HT9AZNW00968 (o2 always sucks at providing updates)

And go here to download it :)

Suggest read the instructions first too :) All settings and info are gonna be wiped for the update.

You can backup your phone contacts and etc by either using it over the cloud with MS sync center or use this app to back it up :)

Thanks for that,i'm much obliged for it...i'm dloading now,but before 'action' is it ok to do it even if is not for O2 network !?

i've installed the update for O2 and is working ok.now i'm upgrading the radio to version 2.12.50.02_2,i've read is the best compromise speed/battery !waiting for battery to charge at over 50%... :(

i've had a look at the Prestige-X project...i'm still reading and i may go for the Ultimate version,but still looking to catch the diferences between them !

I feel now like years ago,when i got the Dreambox in the house,under telly...no one was able to watch properly TV couse always i had to restart,test,install,reinstall various images and pieces together ! nice,good times...now i've got a phone...did i said phone ? sorry ,mobile computer !!time to have fun !! is not a phone to make phone calls but is a device to stay connected to PC and install updates and other stuff... :)

do have in mind you have to have HSPL 2 instal any custom rom...btw prestige x rom is great. But the developers team has fallen behind and no updates are being released.

btw theres no problem using that. ive used the same thing the first before i hacked the HD2 (was scared to brick it at the time :))

btw warning : flashing roms kinda becomes an addiction for a few weeks cause you wanna try find the best one for you :)

OK,flash-ed the version that you advised me...all working ok so far !!

RADIO: 2.15.50.14
    PROT: 15.42.50.11u
    ROM:3.14.405.2
    ROM DATE:09/29/10

lost the O2'blue-ness,being replaced by HTC design.
    also,Wifi router built-in...

Yeah,becomes addicted,kind of... :)
    Re Prestige,i'll have a look at .

Not lastly,thanks for your help,i hope that i'll be able to pay back with a tea/coffee/pint sometime !

np man :) glad to help :)

was down in an event in the city north hotel over the week and these two fella seen me with it and would go away from me asking questions all the time about the phone and android lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

What are the apps like for the HD2? I understand that windows mobile has the least amount of apps after apple and android?

it has a fraction of what apple store and android store has but it has the most needed apps for me anyway

though windows mobile does have around 5 app stores :) though majority of developers never even bothered to put their apps on the market. Main marketplaces are Windows Marketplace and OMarket.

Though having said that, the magic behind Windows Mobile lies in XDA Forum (which can include hours and hours of browsing just when you join it :D)

aslong as i have NFS Shift, Tetris and Monopoly im happy :D otherwise i can use android

np man :) glad to help :)

was down in an event in the city north hotel over the week and these two fella seen me with it and would go away from me asking questions all the time about the phone and android lol :)

sorry,beginner Q: ... give me few reasons why i should install Android on my phone !?
    TIA

i'm browsing this site now for apps.

well you dont have to.

tbh you dont even install it as it doesn't touch any part of your phone :) you download it :) copy the android folder onto your SD card and just launch it and it turns off windows mobile and loads android and when you want to go back to windows you just restart the phone

why...mmm well WinMo is a pretty old operating system as the UI is ancient too. Only HTC Phones have it polished up to make it finger friendly and usable. As on android theres more apps and the original menu is far simpler as compared to windows mobile.

Have you made a trip to xda HD2 forum?

If you did i suggest reading on this. Its kind of a must and its all in one place ;) the basics pretty much

thanks...i've tried Android,as per various posts and is not happy on my device!i'm running both apps,light flashes then some BW lines/screens and...nothing !
    just got back to WinMo for a short while 'couse i wanna make few phone calls ! Dunno if i made any in the past few days... :)

Found this one,looks nice...

Tell me what i shall look at when 'choosing' a ROM over another ! Just the GUI ?

TIA

well if it doesnt have a booting screen picture black and white screen appears with haret booting android and saying what processes it is launching...give it some time and mess around with it :)

its good to know whats on android and whats on win mo...cause certain things on android are nicer than windows and vice versa

i've end-up in the morning with the Energy ROM.i'll leave it as a phone for a while and take it from there later !

thanks for support to all ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

I had a screen with black and white lines all over it as well, it looked like nothing was happening. I left it sitting by the PC and came back after a cup of coffee and it was up and running.

It can take up to 30 minutes to work for the first time!

lol you reminded me when i first got my phone :) going to bed at 5 am in the morning and waking up at 5 for college when i got the phone lol...

• Advertisement

yeah... :) 3 nights,3am and 3 phone calls since i've got the phone !

one of the best apps out there...Pocket Controller by soti.net! Great tool...

Advertisement