Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD2 (Leo)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

ill tell you the difference between the hd2 and iphone.
    Windows Mobile in my opinion is a great OS in potential of development. It might not be a great OS itself but HD2 has brought alot of devs to do increadible things. Windows Mobile comes quite **** out of the box. You have to go on XDA and make the phone the way you want to. That is flashing custom roms and customizing

Where as the iPhone is a restricted os you cant change it to work any other way. Now with the baseband requirements its gonna be even harder to unlock/jailbreak it.

Windows Phone 7 on HD2 will be a challenge to get live services working. But side loading apps are already made to enjoy games and apps on it without marketplace.

Tbh i never had any major problems with win mo without the fact that it lacked quite a few apps

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭jiminho

I thought sideloading apps wasn't possible. I heard them saying stuff about it but that it was gonna be a while to get it going

nop its done already

Its called ChewronWP7. So aslong as some one is kinda enought to rip apps of the market and put them on the web (and there always is) it will give us a change to see either we jump the ship from windows to android/ios or stay on

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭jiminho

oh really. huh maybe il wait then to see what happens. will these apps be able to access the internet tho. i mean imdb is farely useless if it cant.

has a WP7 rom been released? im usually up to date with that kinda news. do you know something i don't?

Nop. it wont be released till magdlr or w/e its called will be released with android. The only worry i have is that if you were to use ported windows phone OS would it not integrate the memory card into its system and rather make is useless unless you got a nokia lying around to format it back to original state

tbh im not a massive fan of android either. I love the fact that its as easy to customize it as windows mobile but the some poor quality apps are just annoying me. Decent games only started coming out now. After how many years? Just the whole android thing is a mess in my head anyway

the sad thing is that with sense and cookies home tab 2.0 windows mobile can be such a nice UI. too bad MS never pushed it hard with WinMo. Either way it was always look at like it was more PDA, business phone OS

• Advertisement

Magdlr is out :) running android of nand now :)
    Its on xda. Works perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

And I'm pretty sure I read that Windows Phone 7 is on the way after new years :)

And I'm pretty sure I read that Windows Phone 7 is on the way after new years :)

Hope so. Will give me something to play with till the new processors come out.

Also some people have been showing some various surprising battery life though with no usage :)

e3jrffjs3ffn2uefl2f3dnnfkj.png
    Zupup.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

i've used Android over the holliday break but is back on Windows...lots of free applications,some of them very handy but i don't think Andro is a business OS ,not yet...

Installed a 3rd party software for Exchange,lost of my previous contacts during import.Quite not handy interface,same notification for sms and for email...hmm

How do you get Active Sync / Exchange working as in WinMo ? Buying third party software ?!I need same look and feel as in WinMo / Outlook...or...move to google Apps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

rolion wrote: »
    i've used Android over the holliday break but is back on Windows...lots of free applications,some of them very handy but i don't think Andro is a business OS ,not yet...

Installed a 3rd party software for Exchange,lost of my previous contacts during import.Quite not handy interface,same notification for sms and for email...hmm

How do you get Active Sync / Exchange working as in WinMo ? Buying third party software ?!I need same look and feel as in WinMo / Outlook...or...move to google Apps ?

I had the same problem, I need to have exchange working for work. I also find WinMo + CHT + SENSE makes the HTC feel much better than any of the android roms I tried. I only use android for some apps and Angry Birds.

I use DarkStones SuperRam andriod rom which loads very quickly into RAM to mess about with the Android apps. :)

• Advertisement

Just use the windows live app and it sets up hotmail for u

AntiVirus wrote: »
    I had the same problem, I need to have exchange working for work. I also find WinMo + CHT + SENSE makes the HTC feel much better than any of the android roms I tried. I only use android for some apps and Angry Birds.

I use DarkStones SuperRam andriod rom which loads very quickly into RAM to mess about with the Android apps. :)

yeah...i'm actually "looking" for a timing application to work like that :)

7am - 9pm monday to friday -> WinMO
    all other times and weekend -> Android !!

anyway...great selction ,great choices,working great !!

Great thanks to all Dev's involved in the "back-end / reverse engineering work" !

nah i got rid of windows mobile completely.

Since my favorite chef left i couldnt find any rom i liked. So left.

Was getting tired of constantly modding the rom to make it work and look like i wanted it ta.

Now titanium backup does it all for me :D

Just use the windows live app and it sets up hotmail for u

i need email,calendar,tasks,contacts from home' Exchange Server!
    i can live without all the "additional" apps from Win or Android market...but not without these lin€€€ of busin€€€ss appsssss!!

Idk Stock 2.3 Android Syncs my Hotmail Email account together with all calendar events and contacts ;)

The same works on WM when you use the windows live app it sets up the email and syncs contacts and calendar to you phone calendar

Im not sure what your looking for?

You should try MDJ Cyanogen Mod 7 Gingerbread :) Works fantastic and with APP2SD+ no space shortage either :) (you have to partition the card with Recovery though)

Love the screen of animation too :P
    oh to who ever was having problems with Microsoft exchange enter your server settings like this

Domain/Username

your email address example@hotmail.co.uk

Password

Your password

Server

m.hotmail.com

and tick the 2 boxes below

This will set up hotmail account and sync all your contacts and calendar events + email :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

You should try MDJ Cyanogen Mod 7 Gingerbread :) Works fantastic and with APP2SD+ no space shortage either :) (you have to partition the card with Recovery though)

Love the screen of animation too :P

Just got it set up there. love it!

re Android...i'm using it randomly,quite pleasant OS for weekends...!!

just opened the last page of your link and voila :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=10445223&postcount=7821

i'll wait... you guys have fun !

later edit:
    one thing that i don't get it on the threads with android on hd2.....all users says kind of standard:
    EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT,SUPERFAST,PERFECT,THANKS
    then,10 pixels down the line...
    i have a problem,not being able to do that...or other...or robot...or bluetooth...or wifi...or sms...or all !! :)
    or...i hate WinMo,as Android gives me 1mA of battery juice !! battery ..1mA ??
    get a life,get a fcuking car charger in every car you drive !! :)

wtf ? is working OR not !???

I know its getting out of hand. Seems XDA gets worse every year. Was way less ****ers like that last year.

Your getting it for FREE!! Stop moaning :mad::mad:

Cant stand that crap about battery life either :) i obviously would love to get 2 days out of it :) but i just got 2 spare batteries and that does me if it does to the stage where i got no way of charging :) they only cost a tenner with free delivery on ebay. Performs no worse than the original

• Advertisement

ah ffs. the day before my maths exam... :S:mad::mad::mad::mad:

http://www.mediafire.com/?glq3wf2a251j56d WP7 :) Think now i might get another half year of joy from my phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Guys how's an easy way to unlock this? Are there any ways online or will I just have to take it to one of those little unlock shops in town? :D

ffs cant install chewron. keeps saying turn on zune and make sure usb cable connected.

Luke i dont know.

ffs cant install chewron. keeps saying turn on zune and make sure usb cable connected.

Luke i dont know.

Get your activation key from Microsoft, tell them its a HTC HD7. when I told them I needed the activation key she asked me, Is it a HTC, I said yes and she gave me a new key.

Live services are now working :)

Works really well, everythings working great! :D

If you install it on your phone and it keeps rebooting, try using a different SD card or just take your current one out

My 16gb SD is not compatible, using my 8gb one for the moment.

I did call. On the waiting line now. Called the first one but i must have taken the number down wrong. Kept saying wrong number :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Gonna try this now :D

meh called them again :) got one letter wrong :) instead of P i wrote down B :) all working perfect now :) loving this :) have a little problem with marketplace :S doesnt want to install apps :(

Think my card not compatible too. Tried a reboot and it only booted up on the 3rd time :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Works really well, everythings working great! :D

If you install it on your phone and it keeps rebooting, try using a different SD card or just take your current one out

My 16gb SD is not compatible, using my 8gb one for the moment.
    meh called them again :) got one letter wrong :) instead of P i wrote down B :) all working perfect now :) loving this :) have a little problem with marketplace :S doesnt want to install apps :(

Think my card not compatible too. Tried a reboot and it only booted up on the 3rd time :(

Welcome HD2 users to the world of WP7!

If you can't install stuff from Marketplace it is almost certainly your SD card; XDA lists ones that are compatible with WP7 right now. Also check the About page under Settings and make sure there is something available under Available Storage.

But before you rush out to replace your SD card, rumour is that the January update (due probably by Feb. in Ireland) will be compatible with more SD cards. This January update should be pretty good; Marketplace improvements, copy paste, speed enhancements.

FYI there's a pretty good chance that once a SD card has been formatted for use by WP7, you may not be able to reformat again for use anywhere else... Last I heard, you could only reformat using a Symbian device? YMMV

Advertisement