Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD2 (Leo)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Welcome HD2 users to the world of WP7!
    FYI there's a pretty good chance that once a SD card has been formatted for use by WP7, you may not be able to reformat again for use anywhere else... Last I heard, you could only reformat using a Symbian device? YMMV

yeah i knew there might be a chance with the sd card. Though mine is a 16GB Class 4 Toshiba so thought would do the job seeing as most stock ones in Windows Phones are class 2.

It was reported that Nokias can do it :) Either way if i do need to go back to Android for a while ill just use his N8 to do it :)

We got 720p video recording too :)

Lol i know it will never happen but i wouldnt be suprised if DFT started working to bring iOS lol. Cottula said before shoot me if i ever do that. But hey :) u never know :)

Though i think it would be impossible and more time consuming cause all the drivers have to be made from 0 since most drivers for HD2 are taken from WP7 and Android HTC phones and modified to work with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

yeah i knew there might be a chance with the sd card. Though mine is a 16GB Class 4 Toshiba so thought would do the job seeing as most stock ones in Windows Phones are class 2.

It was reported that Nokias can do it :) Either way if i do need to go back to Android for a while ill just use his N8 to do it :)

We got 720p video recording too :)

Lol i know it will never happen but i wouldnt be suprised if DFT started working to bring iOS lol. Cottula said before shoot me if i ever do that. But hey :) u never know :)

Though i think it would be impossible and more time consuming cause all the drivers have to be made from 0 since most drivers for HD2 are taken from WP7 and Android HTC phones and modified to work with it

Was just checking your adverts.ie post for your HD2.. SALE WITHDRAWN! :D New lease on life for your phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Has any one who's installed Windows Phone 7 managed to get it to recognise there SD card?

Was just checking your adverts.ie post for your HD2.. SALE WITHDRAWN! :D New lease on life for your phone!

Mmm well idk ;) i put it back up. Was planning to get a new phone anyway but will defo get a Windows Phone now instead of DHD. I think i wanna settle down and have locked down phone to stop me from messing around with it for countless hours :) Cant get chewron to work on pc either so cant install any apps :(:( Still counldnt believe how easy it was to get an activation code lol
    AntiVirus wrote: »
    Has any one who's installed Windows Phone 7 managed to get it to recognise there SD card?

It recognised my card but wont let me install any apps QQ

Will be going back to android tomorrow. Atleast i made a full backup of the system :)

Oh and i used my house mates N8 to format the card and it worked perfect ;)

It recognised my card but wont let me install any apps QQ

It works fine with another SD card, still not letting me install the apps yet. I'll leave it on for a bit to mess about with it. The OS is really nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Need help! How to I get this MAGLDR 1.12 onto my phone? I already have MAGLDR 1.11 and nandroid on it but I can't figure out how to get MAGLDR 1.12 onto it?

Anyone?

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Need help! How to I get this MAGLDR 1.12 onto my phone? I already have MAGLDR 1.11 and nandroid on it but I can't figure out how to get MAGLDR 1.12 onto it?

Anyone?

you flash it the way you flashed 1.11 :)

Before WP7 i did a task29 + flash radio then magdlr. Then go into flash rom in magdlr and flash WP7 rom

OS is nice. Though i miss my toggle power icons :(dithering needs to be enabled in the browser badly too ;(

you flash it the way you flashed 1.11 :)

I cant remember how i did that though? :confused:

can i install magldr 112 while running nandroid or do i have to go to that tricolor screen?

I've been trying to figure this out for hours now! :mad:

Do i have to go back to winmo before installing magldr 112?

You dont need to go back to WinMo

1st. Get your phone in Tri Colour screen. You know Task29? Erase all phone memory

Then after its finished hold the volume down button and go back to tri colour screen (make sure you hold it down, or you have to take out battery in order to boot it back into tri color again) and flash a radio

Then after that go back into tri color screen again and flash MAGDLR 1.12

Then let it boot and go into MAGDLR menu and choose option 5 Flash ROM

:) after finished it will boot in :)

Btw back up all stuff before you do or it will be all gone :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Hopefully you just explained this

Otherwise, no idea :o

I keep getting the following message...

Untitled_1_26.jpg

Anyways...bedtime.

when your in tri color screen does it say

a) nothing?

b) serial?

c) usb? Cause that the one it should be saying in order for it to connect to the PC for flashing.

If your running XP make sure you have drivers installed (dont ask where to get em. Vista and Windows 7 should find and download drivers automatically.

When that happened to me last time with the error message it was a setting under 'connect to pc' on the phone, it had enable faster synchronisation, I had to un-tick that to get it to work... Worth a try if evolution's suggestion doesn't work.

I'll give it another shot tomorrow evening. Thanks for the help. :)

Here's how to get the Market Place to work

You need to change your phone's reg setting to HTC HD7, once you've done that, you can download the apps.

I'm now able to install apps from the market place. You need to follow the instructions in the link below. Do exactly what it says. The very last thing you do is activate your phone.

Check in settings -> about to make sure your phone is listed as HTC HD7 before you activate.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=912218

oh so you first do the reg edit then activate?

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

If you use MyBackup to backup all your data (contacts etc.) how're you supposed to restore your stuff when you go to WP7?

Tried it on the laptop and it worked. Dont know why pc doesnt want to work :(

You can use Google account to backup contacts. Then windows phone can sync them back :)

when your in tri color screen does it say

a) nothing?

b) serial?

c) usb? Cause that the one it should be saying in order for it to connect to the PC for flashing.

If your running XP make sure you have drivers installed (dont ask where to get em. Vista and Windows 7 should find and download drivers automatically.
    When that happened to me last time with the error message it was a setting under 'connect to pc' on the phone, it had enable faster synchronisation, I had to un-tick that to get it to work... Worth a try if evolution's suggestion doesn't work.

Finally got WP7 installed!! Thanks for the help! :D

• Advertisement

hows everyone's facebook app working? mines awfull slow :S

hows everyone's facebook app working? mines awfull slow :S

Mines launches fine but is slow to update. I'm wondering if its my SD card. Some app's seem to take ages to install?

Other than that its great, got my gmail and office exchange emails pushing through instantly, so I'm happy with that :)

Yeah I love the email and UI. I can't launch some apps or takes a few times for them to load.

I rang MS for the activation code but they've been closed since 5.

Any of you guys willing to PM me an activation code to get me up and running here? The code can be used up to 3 times apparently. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

guys...i managed to get NAND Android installed,working fine,is only me that i have to find my way around the GUI !

NOW...i have to try Win7 ?? come on...i have a life !! another white nights !??
    how do i get the phone saying "STOP,no more software" -=> "Go To Bed" ???

rolion wrote: »
    guys...i managed to get NAND Android installed,working fine,is only me that i have to find my way around the GUI !

NOW...i have to try Win7 ?? come on...i have a life !! another white nights !??
    how do i get the phone saying "STOP,no more software" -=> "Go To Bed" ???

no ones forcing ya :) your missing out on a great thing though :P

Its easy to flash WP7. Just as simple as NAND Android. The chewron tool pissed me of. It doesnt want to work on the desktop. Yet work perfect on the laptop

The chewron tool pissed me of. It doesnt want to work on the desktop. Yet work perfect on the laptop
    Yea, I can't get that to work at all... I actually remembered I have a developers licence for it and I couldn't even get that to work! :rolleyes: :p

whats the average time to install a HD game? I think it took me like 5-10 mins to install need for speed undercover.

Also got music slutter problems in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

back to WinMo...

another issue here...i'm on O2 ,do you get the 3G signal icon on the status bar !? tested a sim to Vodafone and shows 3G but never had it on O2 !!
    any one same problem ?

• Advertisement

Maybe you disabled 3g in mobile network settings? It doesn't come up unless your connected to data

Advertisement