Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD2 (Leo)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Maybe you disabled 3g in mobile network settings? It doesn't come up unless your connected to data

How can you disable 3G ?
    In network settings i have gsm or wcdma.is set on auto...
    most of the time is H or E,but never 2G or 3G !
    with the Vodafone sim,always 3G !

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Didn't see the whole question rolion but just so you know, HSDPA is faster than 3G. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

H appears when internet is being used. 3G is just used for standby and calls + txt.

So,which H or G explains why i have so bad coverage for voice calls !?
    I mostly use internet trough WiFi at home,but voice coverage and losing calls is painfully...mostly i have to stay beside a window ?

No them icons are for your Mobile Data. As to the voice problem, that's probably just poor signal in your area.

• Advertisement

Lads... anybody ever have problems flashing a ROM and something about DAPI.dll comes out? How can I fix it? I'm stucl in MAGLDR USB Flasher Mode right now... :eek:

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Lads... anybody ever have problems flashing a ROM and something about DAPI.dll comes out? How can I fix it? I'm stucl in MAGLDR USB Flasher Mode right now... :eek:

never seen before...make sure that you are local admin,restart PC and retry !
    google it and dapi.dll is Exchange related !??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

If you are having problems flashing using your PC, try reflashing your rom by using the SD card. Then you can reflash magldr back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Just got one of these phones and flashed the latest NRG ROM onto it (Win 6.5.5).

Will mess about with it for awhile but will eventually try out Android and Win 7 on it too.

Question is, what options do I have for a Fast HDSC card that will be windows 7 Compatible. So far all I can find is that the SanDisk 32GB is Win 7 compatible but it only runs at class 2 speeds. Looking for something with a bit better speed so I can mess about with dual booting.

I'm currently running the latest RafDroid DHD ROM and it uses two partitons (FAT32 & Ext3). The question is... how can I change the SD Card (I want to use a different SD as WP7 formats it) in my phone while still running the ROM I'm using?

• Advertisement

Just got one of these phones and flashed the latest NRG ROM onto it (Win 6.5.5).

Will mess about with it for awhile but will eventually try out Android and Win 7 on it too.

Question is, what options do I have for a Fast HDSC card that will be windows 7 Compatible. So far all I can find is that the SanDisk 32GB is Win 7 compatible but it only runs at class 2 speeds. Looking for something with a bit better speed so I can mess about with dual booting.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=912904

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=834144

have a read around there. These are all "compatible" cards with windows phone 7. So pick your choice but dont count on it 100%. I got a Toshiba 16GB class 4 but it causes random freezes on WP7 but okish on WM and Android.

As Microsoft said its not the speed of the card its the random access time it takes to access the card that matters more :) then consider speed. But memory card providers never provide full details of access time.

Best get one of these one's as they have been tested by sandisk and where approved as Windows Phone 7 compatible. Search by model number

- SanDisk microSDHC_8GB
    SDSDQY-8192-A11M

- SanDisk microSDHC_16GB
    SDSDQY-016G-A11M

- SanDisk microSDHC_32GB
    SDSDQ-032G-A11M

- SanDisk microSDHC_4GB
    SDSDQ-004G-A11M

-SanDisk microSD_2 GB
    SDSDQ-002G-A11M

http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2010/11/16/five-windows-phone-7-and-samsung-focus-compatible-micro-sd-cards-certified-by-sandisk/

The problem with XDA is some user's are reporting the same cards as working and others user reporting the same card not working. Also an SD card may work on your HD2 running WP7 but, it may run very slowly, your wifi may not work and the phone can shutdown every 20 mins or so. Best to stick to Sandisk SD cards.

Just flashed WP7. Lads anybody got the number to ring to get an activation code? :)

Or if anybody has one, it can be used three times. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Just flashed WP7. Lads anybody got the number to ring to get an activation code? :)

Or if anybody has one, it can be used three times. ;)

1850 940 940. I rang them a few days ago for the activation code but they asked me for the imei of my ''HTC HD7''. I obviously didn't have the imei so I'm back using Android now.

Boxfresh wrote: »
    1850 940 940. I rang them a few days ago for the activation code but they asked me for the imei of my ''HTC HD7''. I obviously didn't have the imei so I'm back using Android now.

Cheers. I'd say they start asking that now since the high influx of "HD7" users a week or so ago. :p Is it 24/7? :)

go into an o2 shop and ask them to bring ya out a HD7 to show ya. and quickly take a pic of the imei and run :)

go into an o2 shop and ask them to bring ya out a HD7 to show ya. and quickly take a pic of the imei and run :)

I'll bare that in mind. lol. Do you have a code that I could 'lend'? :p

Anybody else having trouble with WiFi? Says it's on but it's been searching for the past half hour and still hasn't found one network. :eek:

im not sure that sharing keys wouldnt be a good idea since MS could see that several phones would be running the same key. would leave us all keyless. WiFi issue i think is related to incompatible sd card

I'll bare that in mind. lol. Do you have a code that I could 'lend'? :p

Anybody else having trouble with WiFi? Says it's on but it's been searching for the past half hour and still hasn't found one network. :eek:

Your wifi problem with WP7 is caused by your SD card.

If you want your own code, ring microsoft and if they ask for your imei given them your phones imei. If you don't want to given them your phones imei then change a couple of digits in your one and give them that.

Some times they ask for the imei but you'll still be given the code.

EDIT: Or you could always use the live chat support

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=921309

ah im loosing my head. I did a hard reset to try WP7 with a different sd card. Well it seemed to work better till i tried to unlock it with chewron. That wont work now and if i activate it i cant download apps from the market :S

cant image what else to do. I tried going back to the 16GB but it wont unlock it either :S

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

the codes aren't unique to your phone or even the what type of device. If you can find someone with an Omnia 7 to lend you their IMEI then just tell them that you reset your Omnia because of an app bug. They'll give you a code. I can confirm this works at we were able to do it.

ah im loosing my head. I did a hard reset to try WP7 with a different sd card. Well it seemed to work better till i tried to unlock it with chewron. That wont work now and if i activate it i cant download apps from the market :S

cant image what else to do. I tried going back to the 16GB but it wont unlock it either :S

All I did when I was changing my SD card so I could have one that I could actually use WiFi on is go in to MAGLDR then MassStg and switched them. That or I flashed an android rom then just reflashed to WP7. I don't think this your problem as I hadn't mine unlocked/activated but oh well. :p

Read this, it may help.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=922853

I did read that. But I'm not that techy to mess around with the registry. I tried but obvious wasn't doing everything right. Cert didn't help either :-(

I'm really tempted to go and get a windows phone. But I know I shouldn't and just wait for next Gen. Omnia 7 is the main target but 8 gb is not enough for me. And I don't want a hd7

anyway sold my HD2 (kind of regreting it a bit) but i think it was the right time to move of before 2nd gen moves in and drops down all the prices of 1ghz snapdragons :S

gonna miss spending long hours modding and upgrading and tinkering with it till something better comes up in the WP7 :D

anyway sold my HD2 (kind of regreting it a bit) but i think it was the right time to move of before 2nd gen moves in and drops down all the prices of 1ghz snapdragons :S

gonna miss spending long hours modding and upgrading and tinkering with it till something better comes up in the WP7 :D

Good luck with your new phone, I'll be sorry to lose my HD2 when the time comes to move on... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

:eek: Nooooo! :P You were prob the most informative person on this thread! :p

Cheeky question... Can I have the code you got from MS for the HD2 if you're not using it now? :P

Yeah will pm it to ya when I get to the laptop. I'll still be around though. Love my hd7 now. Only complaint is the speaker is not great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Yeah will pm it to ya when I get to the laptop. I'll still be around though. Love my hd7 now. Only complaint is the speaker is not great

Cool :D thanks man :) I'd prob be getting a HD7 too if I wasn't thinking about getting a laptop and thinking of going to Canada this summer.. Maybe one day :)

• Advertisement

im bored lol. Nothing to tinker with or do any research :D i seen alot of HD2 devs kinda moved of to WP7 for a while since it came so seems all the dev from main devs is slowing down a bit :D

Advertisement