Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD2 (Leo)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

pabloh999 wrote: »
    I dropped a video file from my laptop into the'video' file on the other side but ive no idea where the file goes?

I've never used the mymobile explorer you are better off using Windows explorer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

long_b wrote: »
    Stock O2 ROM, using it on Meteor.

The Twitter app keeps telling me my username / password is incorrect.

Anyone else ?

Also, I downloaded Opera Mini but can't find it - where would it have ended up please ?

I should be shot ... was getting the wrong characters for the numerics in my password after all !

Found Opera Mini in the java app runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

AntiVirus wrote: »
    If you sync your contacts, it will update your phone/pc with any changes you make.

You should have a little mymobiler icon down on your tray bar, double click that and your phone will appear on your monitor. Now you can use your mouse/keyboard to control your phone.

Untitled-7.jpg

yea its pretty cool alright, but what are you meant to do with it? anyone else notice battery life is poor? I'm down 1% less than one minute off charge. Then its drops off fairly fast with moderate use

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

Picked this up after work yesterday, it's a huge phone. Really impressed with the speed of it, my Touch Pro was very annoying sometimes with how slow it got, even with the custom ROMs. The GPS was really slow at picking up my location also, updated radios didn't help either.

I put the latest official ROM (RUU_Leo_HTC_WWE_1.66.405.2_Radio_Signed_15.30.50.0 7U_2.06.51.07_Ship.exe) and I'm pretty happy with the speed of it so will stick with this for a while. I've put on the HSPL so I will try out a few of the custom ROMs if I get bored of the stock one. Now to fill it up with apps!

Here's another good site - http://www.1800pocketpc.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Looks like Vodafone will also be doing this phone shortly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Very tempted by this phone, but I'm concerned about the battery life; how are people finding it? Also is the fm Radio any use?

Very tempted by this phone, but I'm concerned about the battery life; how are people finding it? Also is the fm Radio any use?

Radio is good, battery life is not bad, if you turn down brightness, don't have data refreshing all the time, there are ways to conserve the battery, It is a huge screen so battery will be impacted but if you always keep your cable close by, you can recharge when needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jiggs

Anyone know if the O2 shop on Grafton Street will have these tomorrow? Or if it is likely atleast?

Jiggs wrote: »
    Anyone know if the O2 shop on Grafton Street will have these tomorrow? Or if it is likely atleast?

Best idea to do is ring the store :)

Is there any other app that can let you listen to stations around the world like this one?

http://www.pocketgear.de/en/usd/device:HTC_HD2/SteelSoft-Mobile-Radio-Online/product_2439541_details.html

• Advertisement

Anyone have a link for Bing Maps for this baby ?

I've reinstalled the MarketPlace but it's not showing

long_b wrote: »
    Anyone have a link for Bing Maps for this baby ?

I've reinstalled the MarketPlace but it's not showing

Try here: http://discoverbing.com/mobile/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

are the hd2's from o2 ireland locked?got one of those babies but havent opened it yet..

Spipov wrote: »
    are the hd2's from o2 ireland locked?got one of those babies but havent opened it yet..

I would imagine so, yes, they have an O2 welcome screen so would be customised for O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Why on earth would a brand new, top of the range, just released HTC HD2 show the likes of this on screen when attempting to install new apps?

"This application requires a newer version of the microsoft .net compact framework than the version installed on this device"

Also, WHERE do I get it & HOW do I install it?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

It might need .net compact framework 3.5

here's the official link to it

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=E3821449-3C6B-42F1-9FD9-0041345B3385&displaylang=en

It installs on your device using active sync

here's a cab you can use if that doesn't work
    http://rapidshare.com/files/324777122/NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.cab

I got Wunder Radio working, absolutely fab, will pay for this in 2 weeks :) so happy with that now :)

Pikasso wrote: »
    "This application requires a newer version of the microsoft .net compact framework than the version installed on this device"

It's the app your installing that needs it not the phone.

angel01 wrote: »
    I got Wunder Radio working, absolutely fab, will pay for this in 2 weeks :) so happy with that now :)

That's a great app, just intalled it on my HD2 and I'm listening to Uzbekistan's number 1 radio station "Radio Uzbegim Taronasi 101" :D

Just went to the trouble of downloading and installing the 3.5 from that link that MrSparkle gave and message still appears

Looks like you're right. Several apps that I have downloaded give the same message.
    How do get around that then?

Just went to the trouble of downloading and installing the 3.5 from that link that MrSparkle gave and message still appears

Make sure you reboot your mobile after installing. Did you install from the microsoft link using NETCFSetupv35.msi?
    To check what version you are running browse to your windows directory and run cgacutil.exe and it will tell you whcih version is loaded.

untitled-8.jpg

Looks like you're right. Several apps that I have downloaded give the same message.
    How do get around that then?

If the programs you are installing have been written to use the .net framework 3.5, you will have to install that framework to use them. There is no way around that.

• Advertisement

That's a great app, just intalled it on my HD2 and I'm listening to Uzbekistan's number 1 radio station "Radio Uzbegim Taronasi 101" :D

I think it is a great app, I wanted it for the Uk radio stations so I am happy as Larry now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Someone told me about this phone last night so I checked out a few videos on youtube and it looks amazing. I have a nokia N97 at the moment which I was happy enough until I seen this. Did anyone switch to the HD2 from the N97? Is it really as good as it looks?

Jiggs wrote: »
    You can sync Google contacts and calendar using exchange settings on windows mobiles active sync. No need to use outlook at all. I'm not sure if that's what you meant, but there is nothing to download with this method. And everything is over the air. I only connect my phone via USB/bluetooth to my PC now to install apps that I find online. This way you also get push emails. I get my emails on my phone before even my PC pops up the 'new mail received' report.

I'm currently using a Touch Pro and am considering the O2 HD2. Can someone just confirm whether or not custom ROMs from XDA devs are possible or not? I'm not worried about warranty and all that, just whether its possible or not? I presume its SIM locked to O2?

Synced with Google and it only got like 260 of 285 contacts - did anyone else have this problem ?

check g contacts. You have "all contacts" and "my contacts". Only "my contacts" will sync.

Unfortunately Swype from that link failed to work properly - when launched a pop up says "failed to launch US English" - had to remove.

Same as that - would love to get a cab that worked anyone ?

Apparently the code for the app was ripped from a US carrier's ROM or some such - that may explain why it's looking for US English ?

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Someone told me about this phone last night so I checked out a few videos on youtube and it looks amazing. I have a nokia N97 at the moment which I was happy enough until I seen this. Did anyone switch to the HD2 from the N97? Is it really as good as it looks?

I know someone who switched from an N95 to a HD2 and loved it if thats any help :)

check g contacts. You have "all contacts" and "my contacts". Only "my contacts" will sync.

Thanks for the tip - I had added everyone in to "My Contacts" already, but I think the missing contacts were all in a "Family" group as well now that you mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I couldn't get Skype 3.9 working - it locked me out of my phone and I had to do a hard reset so lost all my settings and data - backup before trying it, but it really doesn't seem easy to get it working at this point.

I couldn't get Skype 3.9 working - it locked me out of my phone and I had to do a hard reset so lost all my settings and data - backup before trying it, but it really doesn't seem easy to get it working at this point.

Skype have withdrawn support for this for windows mobile :(

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1593850/skype-withdraws-support-windows-mobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Jiggs

Check out Nimbuzz. It has skype support as well as all the other major IMs. I have not tried it with skype, but I believe it lets you make calls using skype.

I know that fring (another multi IM client) used to allow this, but fring doesn't yet work with the HD2.

Advertisement