Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD2 (Leo)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

i finally opened my leo on o2 irl.

imagine that, its actually unlocked ! meteor sim working fine, as well as a sim from back home.

happy days. now to hspl and install some fun rom

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Screen05.jpg
    According to htc website memory for hd2 -
    ROM: 512 MB
    RAM: 448 MB
    Why do i not have that much memory?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Turned on CoPilot for the first time this morning almost 3 weeks after getting the phone and activated trial. Played with it for a few minutes and exited.

A few minutes later I turned it on and was told my trial was over (!) and it asked me to activate.

Now, my problem is that it straight away demands a product key. Needless to say I don't have one. I went to the website but cannot see anywhere I can buy the product key without downloading the whole thing.

Am I missing something?

Lost (pun:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

pabloh999 wrote: »
    Screen05.jpg
    According to htc website memory for hd2 -
    ROM: 512 MB
    RAM: 448 MB
    Why do i not have that much memory?

You're looking at whats available after the OS and the pre installed apps are taken into account etc.. If you want to check the phones specs go to "Settings" -> "About Phone" -> "Hardware Information"

Pikasso wrote: »

Now, my problem is that it straight away demands a product key. Needless to say I don't have one. I went to the website but cannot see anywhere I can buy the product key without downloading the whole thing.

Am I missing something?

Lost (pun:D)

When you purchase Copilot Live 8 it sends you a key in a email, you don't need to download anything. You can uninstall and reinstall Copilot on your HD2 as often as you like then! :D

• Advertisement

AntiVirus wrote: »
    When you purchase Copilot Live 8 it sends you a key in a email, you don't need to download anything. You can uninstall and reinstall Copilot on your HD2 as often as you like then! :D

Yes, my problem was where to buy it - found it eventually at http://www.alk.com/htc/uk/
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

question folks, I was browsing sites yesterday in both IE & Opera and get a message of insufficient memory for flash, how do I fix this?

angel01 wrote: »
    question folks, I was browsing sites yesterday in both IE & Opera and get a message of insufficient memory for flash, how do I fix this?

You may have had to many apps opened in memory, next time it happens check with your task manager.

Have you enabled flash in Opera? If not try following this link to set it up :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544770

You're looking at whats available after the OS and the pre installed apps are taken into account etc.. If you want to check the phones specs go to "Settings" -> "About Phone" -> "Hardware Information"
    Thanks for that, never thought the pre installed apps would use up that much space!
    angel01 - there is an app on opnmarket called 'cleanram' i use it everyday to try keep the memory reasonably clear, this might help.

pabloh999 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, never thought the pre installed apps would use up that much space!
    angel01 - there is an app on opnmarket called 'cleanram' i use it everyday to try keep the memory reasonably clear, this might help.

Ah thank you, I will install that :) do you use it once a day?

I prefer using IE on my phone but thanks for the link Antivirus, oh gosh it looks confusing, will wait for my boyfriend to come home before trying it :o

• Advertisement

Id use cleanram once or twice a day depending on phone usage.
    I find opera is much quicker than IE but for some reason hotmail wont work using opera, so then i just use the skyfire browser for that.

Looks like the error is nothing to do with how many things I have open, I only had IE open and still got the error, looks like I need to increase the amount of ram Flash can have but how would I do that? :confused:

I found this but don't know how to do it:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizon-sch-i920-omnia-ii-http-i8000-modaco-com/303183/flash-in-ie/#entry1198101

Looks like the error is nothing to do with how many things I have open, I only had IE open and still got the error, looks like I need to increase the amount of ram Flash can have but how would I do that? :confused:

I found this but don't know how to do it:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizon-sch-i920-omnia-ii-http-i8000-modaco-com/303183/flash-in-ie/#entry1198101

What website are you accessing?

What website are you accessing?

I got it on digital spy forums, the sun, daily mail websites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

What an amazing phone. Just got mine this morning!

It just blew my old N97 out of the water.

Boxfresh wrote: »
    What an amazing phone. Just got mine this morning!

It just blew my old N97 out of the water.

It is brilliant, isn't it. Well bearing in mind I came from a SE K800i to this, it still amazes me completely :D

I got it on digital spy forums, the sun, daily mail websites

I just tried it on my phone and its working fine but I am running the very latest version of windows mobile.

untitled2.jpg

I just tried it on my phone and its working fine but I am running the very latest version of windows mobile.

untitled2.jpg

I couldn't even get the full sun site to load this morning, was loading the mobile version.. i.e pretty much nothing :(

It is intermittant, I get the error now & then, I don't have the latest updates obviously as I am still on what O2 gave me, just really annoying.:(

Gosh your version looks nothing like mine :eek:

I couldn't even get the full sun site to load this morning, was loading the mobile version.. i.e pretty much nothing :(

It is intermittant, I get the error now & then, I don't have the latest updates obviously as I am still on what O2 gave me, just really annoying.:(

Gosh your version looks nothing like mine :eek:

I'm using the Artemis Rom with a few extra bits and bobs. I think you'll be waiting a while before O2 give you a rom update with windows 6.5.3 on it

untitled2-1.jpg

Gosh that looks good but I don't want to put it on because it will invalidate the warrenty and knowing me, I would screw it up.. I can't understand anything on that XDA developers site, it is double dutch to me :eek:

I am happy enough with what I have but just that frigging error does my head in :(

• Advertisement

Gosh that looks good but I don't want to put it on because it will invalidate the warrenty and knowing me, I would screw it up.. I can't understand anything on that XDA developers site, it is double dutch to me :eek:

I am happy enough with what I have but just that frigging error does my head in :(

Maybe you should try skyfire, you can get it from OpnMarket or from here:
    http://www.skyfire.com/

untitled2-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Maybe you should try skyfire, you can get it from OpnMarket or from here:
    http://www.skyfire.com/
    Yea I got that yesterday and can watch vids and play flash games on it :pac:

I still have loads of extras to install! I've flashed mine gave it a new rom and all that jazz, Just gotta get the apps up and running now :D

Edit: how the hell do you screen shot it?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jiggs

You can use http://mymobiler.com/ to access your phone on your desktop PC via ActiveSync. It also lets you take screen-shots.

Yea I got that yesterday and can watch vids and play flash games on it :pac:

I still have loads of extras to install! I've flashed mine gave it a new rom and all that jazz, Just gotta get the apps up and running now :D

I use MyMobiler, very handy for sending texts from your PC as well as setting up your phone/apps using your mouse :D

http://mymobiler.com/

Seems since I deleted all the temp internet files, cookies, browsing history, I haven't had the error since then :D

Seems since I deleted all the temp internet files, cookies, browsing history, I haven't had the error since then :D

Good stuff! :D

I didn't see Jiggs beat me to it up above. There's a nice little skin you can use to get mymobiler to look like your HD2 on your desktop, here's the link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=618050

Here's what it looks like on the screen.
    untitled2-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Is there any way of setting it up so I can get a notification every time I receive an email like mail for exchange or nokia messaging on my old N97?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

untitled2.jpg

Go on then. Give us page 3 :)

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Is there any way of setting it up so I can get a notification every time I receive an email like mail for exchange or nokia messaging on my old N97?

It does, just make sure ShowMobileBubble is set to 1 in mymobiler.ini

untitled2-4.jpg
    Tora Bora wrote: »
    Go on then. Give us page 3 :)

:D

• Advertisement

After about 10 days of my new HD2 (bought on 18th Feb) freezing up on a regular basis it finally gave up the ghost yesterday.

I brought it back into o2 and was told, yes, there was something wrong and it would have to be replaced. Only problem is there are none to be had until early to mid April - worldwide shortage apparently.
    So I was asked if I wanted to wait for a new one (with a cheap replacement meanwhile) or get a completely different phone.

This got me thinking - a lot of complaints about problems with freezing over on the o2 forum - is it possible that this phone has so many problems that it has been pulled until the problems are sorted out?

I loved the look of the phone but eventually it was getting me down. Sense UI does its best to hide the Windows Mobile os but at the end of the day it was still Windows.

After coming from a completely problem free Nokia E71 (2 years) that did everything it was asked to do without complaint I was finding the HD2 a pain in the ass. The constant freezing and other niggly things of the HD2 was getting me down.

So, on impulse I went with the iPhone instead :eek:

I know, I know, but.... it works, with ease. Syncing with iTunes is a breeze, the apps are amazing, etc etc and so far I can find nothing to make me regret my decision.

Yes, I miss the animated weather on the homepage, the huge screen, and the integration with Facebook, but they are only minor regrets.

Using the iPhone (and I have been all day!) is so easy after the HD2. I don't think I realised that the HD2 was really a fancy pocket PC (PDA, Toshiba e830 etc) and not really a smartphone.

I'll give it a year and by then the Desire should cheap enough (if not at least available in this country!!)

Meanwhile - I can't believe I'm saying this - I'm an iPhone owner.
    Off now to the iPhone section of Boards to make new friends :D

Advertisement