Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford -> Wexford town

Options
  • 24-09-2009 5:24pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Need to be Wexford for 10am tommrow. So, just curious the best way to get there from Waterford to avoid any delay etc.

Suggestions?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Where abouts are you going?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Where abouts are you going?

Train station. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Try leaving early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

HOW are you travelling would be a better question to ask/answer.
    Try leaving early is a quare-handy, obvious sudgestion!

IF you intend on going Waterford-Wexford by train, best of luck; you might as well be going by plane!
    There are a few services that go across to Rosslare (it's mainly freight & Belview is used as well as Waterford Train Station iirc) to meet ferries.
    Buses are probably you're best bet though.

Irishrail.ie & Buseireann.ie if it's public transport you're using.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

trad wrote: »
    Try leaving early.

Jesus, what a great idea! I never thought of that. I planned at leaving at 9.45 tbh - but jesus, maybe 9.30 would be a better idea!

Thanks trad. What a legend!

• Advertisement

HOW are you travelling would be a better question to ask/answer.
    Try leaving early is a quare-handy, obvious sudgestion!

IF you intend on going Waterford-Wexford by train, best of luck; you might as well be going by plane!
    There are a few services that go across to Rosslare (it's mainly freight & Belview is used as well as Waterford Train Station iirc) to meet ferries.
    Buses are probably you're best bet though.

Irishrail.ie & Buseireann.ie if it's public transport you're using.

Im going by car, just looking at the best/quickest route. Ill probably leave at 8.30sh. :)

There are really only two routes:

Through New Ross or Passage East.

New Ross is a choke point and will be busy enough I guess. Other route is narrow and you can get really hung up. I'd go via NR, and maybe give yourself an extra 20mins.

And lads - cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Going into New Ross at that hour will be fine. Its the Wexford-Waterford direction that will be busy, and vise-versa in the evening.

I used to go to college in WIT, and my girlfriend is currently teaching down there. Between the two of us, we think that if you are going down the quays in Waterford for say 8.45am, you'll have plenty of time to get to the train station in Wexford.

New Ross is the only big choke point as Zaraba pointed out, but it shouldnt be too bad, as you'll be going in a diffferent direction to all the traffic.

According to the AAs website;

"WEXFORD* The N30 New Ross/Clonroche Rd is closed from 7am to 7pm daily until Fri 2nd Oct; diversions add at least 15 mins to the journey."

Am I on this route at any stage? Ill be returning back to Waterford at around 11am departing.

I don't think so, unless you are going to Enniscorthy directly from New Ross (which I don't think you are)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Sully wrote: »
    Jesus, what a great idea! I never thought of that. I planned at leaving at 9.45 tbh - but jesus, maybe 9.30 would be a better idea!

Thanks trad. What a legend!

:D

I think I left Waterford fully at 9am(sh) after getting stuck in traffic here and arrived in Wexford at 9.45. So 15mins to spare. :) Cheers for the help folk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I wasn't being smart. I was giving good advice. It is very easy to underestimate distances and time involved and unexpected traffic. My advice is always to leave early and I would rather be early and hanging around at my destination than pulling out my hair waiting to cross the bridge in New Ross.

Hope you got there on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sam_mom1

wonder did he make it on time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Jaypers Sully 45 mins? You must have had her well lit all the way... That's normally an hour's drive.

New Ross was fine, no delay at all. Quiet enough on the roads so I guess thats partly how I got down so early. Thought id be a little later but 15mins to spare was handy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Jaypers Sully 45 mins? You must have had her well lit all the way... That's normally an hour's drive.

Not in the morning. I take 45 mins every morning and thats driving at a respectable speed - that road is crawling with cops.

The evening time is different though......add 15 mins for the return journey.:(

Not in the morning. I take 45 mins every morning and thats driving at a respectable speed - that road is crawling with cops.

No cops when I was on it thankfully. Apart from the way home where the car behind me was pulled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Sully wrote: »
    No cops when I was on it thankfully. Apart from the way home where the car behind me was pulled.

Close! ;)

They are devils. They hide in bushes and lane ways all along the route. The only good thing is that they tend to use the same ones all the time so regulars know exactly where they will be.

Advertisement