Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shirts for tall and skinny people

• 24-09-2009 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hey. Odd query but if boards can't help I'm screwed.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and has found a solution.

I'm quite tall at 6ft4 and find it really hard to find any business shirts that fit me. I unsually wear a size 17 or 17.5 shirt, but the problem is that all the shirts in that size are made for fat people. I have a 34 inch waist and this means that I look really scruffy in work as my shirts don't tuck into my trousers properly.

Any recommendations would be appreciated, especially for shops around Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Have you tried any of the fancier shirt-specific shops on Dawson st? I think there's a couple of them there, this place definitely is

http://www.henryjermyn.ie/

If you have and they don't have what you need then maybe bringing your shirts to a tailor? Have heard a lot of people recommend this fella

Des Byrne in at 4/5 Grafton Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Have you tried Debenhams? (that always looks wrong when I spell it) My Dad gets a lot of his shirts in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

If you're skinny, a 17.5" neck sounds a bit large. I'm that but I'm stocky. In general the smaller the neck the less material in the shirt beneath it. Get your neck measured in one of the shops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

If you're looking for something at a vaguely normal price, try Mark's and Spencer's 2 inch longer range.

I'm 6'5" and size 34 also, that those shirts in size 16 are a pretty good fit.

For something that really fits though, you've gotta spend the money. Herren's on Dawson St. will get you a shirt that really fits... but they're 100 quid a shot, so you won't be wearing them to work everyday!

Advertisement