Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gig Shoot Opportunity

• 24-09-2009 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I run Gigs for bands in Dublin (unsigned acts) through a website called Gigsmart Ireland ... I will preface by saying our set up isnt for everyone...we run as a co operative, and generally make enough money to keep our books in order and stay legit...we charge minimum entry fee and no one really makes squat.:D

We are having our Hallowe'en fancy dress gig on the 29th Oct in the Button Factory and thought Id offer someone an opportunity to stretch photographic digits?

I will be shooting the gig myself anyway , but thought Id extend an invite to some boardsies here.... the button factory tends to be a great place to get some cool shots and the lighting guys in there are very obliging.....

Im not looking for a freebie from anyone, but would like to host some pics you may shoot on our website....as I said Ill shoot the gig myself, Im merely offering people an opportunity photograph some bands and a load of heads dressed up in a great venue...

Ive also asked the comedy board guys if maybe they wanna participate in a fun night. As I said it is what it is - a bit of fun , your shots remain your own, it may be an opportunity to showcase to bands what you can do etc. etc

Anyway gig is 29th Oct Button Factory PM if your interested.

Some shots from the button factory give you a vibe on the place.

[URL="[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3389/3595400077_6989e680a1.jpg[/IMG]"]3595400077_6989e680a1.jpg[/URL]

3531303599_9f63f0db31.jpg

3798993060_83d56fed45.jpg

3798993586_cd6c0929f5.jpg

3798991916_4f9ffcf117.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Probably should gone in expeditions? sorry your modship:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I may be interested in this, I tend to shoot the same bands so it would be a good experience.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

me too. been off the scene too long, this hwch has given me a oot in arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I'd also be very interested

I may be interested in this, I tend to shoot the same bands so it would be a good experience.

okay so, well if ya decide you are interested let me know

• Advertisement

melekalikimaka & OktavaraIan PM me your names and I'll pop you on the guestlist...its a ways off so I'll PM you guys to remind you close to the gig.

All the best
    Trev

Looks like I'm unavailable due to hubbie going to Steel Panther in England. Thanks for the opportunity and hope all you guys enjoy it. If things change I'll pm ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Wouldnt mind doing the gig as well.
    TBMC lights are great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Trev M wrote: »
    Im not looking for a freebie from anyone

Sorry, I think I must have missed something. How much are you paying?

Reoil wrote: »
    Sorry, I think I must have missed something. How much are you paying?

Apologies un neccesary, I think your comment is fair enough. Ive just read my thread and perhaps it isnt clear enough.

Im not paying anyone for photos.

If people want to come along and take pics great , if they want to share the pics of the gig great, if they dont thats ok too. Its a good venue, there will be people dressed up, its subject matter for enthusiasts to shoot.

I hope thats clear

• Advertisement

Looks like I'm unavailable due to hubbie going to Steel Panther in England. Thanks for the opportunity and hope all you guys enjoy it. If things change I'll pm ya!

No worries, big venue plenty of room ;) if things change sure let me know and I'll pop you on the list.... "Steel Panther" I dont know who they are , but ya can be damn sure with a name like that Im off to google :D

Hope you find it Trev, classic piss take on the 80's hair metal, brilliant, hilarious.

Yeah will let you know, not definite on the tickets yet.

Ahhahaaa thank you for bringing Steel Panther into my world.... the wonder and majesty of it all :)
    steel-panther.jpg

lol, you are very welcome Trev, however if you have kids keep it down, a 2 yr old singing community property isnt the best idea in the world:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

The video for the above song is class!! Death to all butt metal :p

Whoops double post

lol, you are very welcome Trev, however if you have kids keep it down, a 2 yr old singing community property isnt the best idea in the world:o

heh heh my little guy is only a month old , I look forward to teaching him the wonders of the panther !!!:D

here you go, community property unedited!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikgxsFQ8FEo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I might take you up on this if you don't mind, tbmc is a great venue to shoot, and it's getting a bit repetitive shooting metal bands all the time so a bit of variety wouldn't go astray.

More than welcome along Ghost, looks like we will have a good crew along.

I have suggested to Tommy, one of the guys coming to shoot the gig that we should possibly get everyone together for a quick introduction session?

There will be a few people shooting so it would be good to get everyone comfortable so everyone can make the most of it?.

Also , if anyone is interested in following preperations for the gig or speaking / contacting to the bands directly or whatever you can follow the ins and outs here. http://www.gigsmartireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1710&start=10

I look forward to meeting everyone, and Im guessing there will be some great shots of bands and punters dressed up :D

• Advertisement

This is the flyer design for the show - Huge thanks to Paul Cooke for the deisgn , just thought poeople here might be interested.

3958942382_a8e71d835e.jpg

Night of ultimate evil? What type of music is this anyway? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

Hey Trev, if there's still room stick me down, been a while since I've shot a gig myself.

Night of ultimate evil? What type of music is this anyway? :D

heh heh well each of the bands have a my space, and none of em are Death metal .... the ultimate evil is more for the punters dressing up theme:D

http://www.myspace.com/theneonstars
    http://www.myspace.com/iphoenixmusic
    http://www.myspace.com/zombiecops
    http://www.myspace.com/removetheoxygenmusic

Trev M wrote: »
    heh heh well each of the bands have a my space, and none of em are Death metal .... the ultimate evil is more for the punters dressing up theme:D

Aww, what a pity :(:p

Cool, I'll have a listen to them so.

Hi All,
    Well this came around really quickly .....so here's who has messeged me with the intention of coming along

Chorcai
    Perfect Fit
    Melekalikmaka
    M S Nixon
    OctavarIan

Would strongly suggest people get in for sound check so you can get familiar with the venue and we can all have a quick chat.
    All the best, look forward to meeting you all
    Trev

Advertisement