Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ploughing 2010 location announcement yet?

• 24-09-2009 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭

The location for the ploughing championships in 2010 should be announced today. Anybody hear anything?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭cormywormy

yeah, i was told like 2 weeks ago. It is going to be in athy again in 2010 and there trying to get it for the 3rd year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Confirmed on the 9 o'clock news, its Athy again in 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Sisu200

I heard the same, exact same location

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭roosterman71

2011 is Ballacolla, Co. Laois. Hotels there have been informed of it and they are tendering for the various ploughing related events already. So a local hotel owner told me on Wednesday anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭The Gish

Spewaking on the ploughing. Well done to the various agencies that had to deal with an unformunate incident over the 3 day event. Both the Order Of Malta on duty and the event safety person did a terrific job.

I think a lot of of us look at the event and not what goes on behind the scenes. The health & safety of all of the people attending the event must be a concern for the NPA.
    Having said that I think safety was hit a little with the big R. The site control people numbers were down and you could notice the difference and after speaking to some of the NPA people I hear that the safety bidget was cut too.
    This shouldnt happen seeing as the cost for a pitch and the cost for admission didnt come down.....why not?

Are the NPA taking advantage of the situation just like some employers in the country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Cowmad

Ya i was told that the 2010 ploughing was going to be held in athy again next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭fastrac

I always thought very few of the stewards were paid by the NPA.They have a small no of professional security staff on contract from start to finish of the event.This years event had less Agricultural displays and more stalls so deals probably had to be done as in previous years companies had no choice but pay up to maintain their place in the prime spots in the middle while newcomers and companies who skipped years were pushed out to the sides. The good venue and sunshine saved this years event but they will have to drop the charges to the Farming exhibitors and the entry fee to keep the regulars coming back .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭The Gish

I understand that some people do give their time F.O.C but the stewards that are there for a wekk beforehand and a week afterwards are paid, as far as I know.
    The safety people are paid just like the various other bodies that assist in the event. Maybe some dont get "paid" but they do get a sizeable donation to their respective organisations, I would imagine.

Advertisement